Trincao (on loan)

Horatio

You're welcome
Didn't even notice how slow he was. Mostly noticed how poor he was on take ons. Poor control of the ball. Hope he improves or else sell.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If we had a board & President, I would seriously advocate for his loan. It pains me to say it but he's not ready to contribute to this team atm. I would much rather see Konrad out there

Andresito

Staff member
He won't develop by playing 20-30 minutes 4-5 times per month. Needs to be loaned out.
Although I think Dembele will rest more soon.

fergus90

Each cameo he looks worse. Even his first touches are looking dicey and too heavy. I can’t quite see how Koeman doesn’t see his cameo appearances don’t work for him.

behindbrowneyes

Each cameo he looks worse. Even his first touches are looking dicey and too heavy. I can’t quite see how Koeman doesn’t see his cameo appearances don’t work for him.

Koeman does see it. Trincao went from being first sub at the start of the season to last resort in last few months.

Trincao is another confirmation why I'm sceptical towards players performing well in that Portuguese league. I was against loaning him because of the many games, injuries in the team, but at this rate he doesn't help this team. He is still very young and can develop into a better player, but at Barca you don't have time for that.

Porque

Mentality doesn't seem ready. Might never be. We can either persist till summer and hope he overcomes it, or look to loan him now.

I'd personally go with the latter and give his opportunities to Riqui, Collado, Konrad (in that order, with Hiroki ahead of Konrad when he returns).

Fact is he was thrust into this position thanks to covid leaving his with no other options. Any other summer and he is a prospect signed early at a decent fee.

It is what it is.

FC433

Should keep him and give consistent game time. Too early to make any decision, and I do not think it is a good idea to play him as a LW.

Messi983

I'm still hopeful about him.

He should start some games. Probably will in Copa but I'm affraid it will be with other backups who he's never played much with so he and the whole team won't really look that good anyway. We'll see next week I guess.

Windhook

Trincao is another example of how overrated are the clients of Jorge Mendes. And in the Bartomeu era we somehow loved to deal with Jorge Mendes.

Home of Barca Fans