Copa: Barca - Leganes 5-0

serghei

Better in what regards?
We have played 4 games under Setien, with Granada currently at 11-th position, Ibiza ( Third Level Team ), Valencia ( 7-th place ) and Leganes ( Last Place in La Liga ) We barely beat the first two teams and when we faced a little better one (Valencia) they slapped us in the face. So that 5:0 against the worst team means absolutely nothing to me. But, don't get me wrong. That is not Setien's fault. You can not expect anything from this group of players.

Well, with Valverde we had rock bottom performances like Levante and Granada. If we take the game vs Valencia which is regarded as a bad match by most, and for good reasons, we created many more chances than vs Granada, against a much superior team.

It is clear for me that in the attack we manage to create more chances and control the game better. It's on the defense that we have to fix things. And if we do, the progress will be complete. But, again, progress from Valverde's worst season is not much to praise.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Pep struggled bigtime at first. Lucho as well. Rijkaard almost got sacked. They all had hungrier squads and pre-seasons.

Give the man some time before we see how it works.

Nope. Pep, Lucho and Rijkaard did not have this kind of aged and washed out squads to make a comparisons. No matter how long you wait for changes, it won't happen.
Setien is Setien. As I have sad it, he is good coach for teams without any ambitions to win the CL,La Liga or Copa del Rey. He has never worked before in club of Barcelona's level.

LABarcaFan

Well, with Valverde we had rock bottom performances like Levante and Granada. If we take the game vs Valencia which is regarded as a bad match by most, and for good reasons, we created many more chances than vs Granada, against a much superior team.

It is clear for me that in the attack we manage to create more chances and control the game better. It's on the defense that we have to fix things. And if we do, the progress will be complete. But, again, progress from Valverde's worst season is not much to praise.

You all have to understand one simple thing. The situation we are currently in is not Valverde's fault and won't be Setien's as well. It is OUR BOARD and BARTOMEU. Year after year, they have been doing wrong signings. Our famous players like Pique, Busquets, Alba, Messi and Suarez were getting old, but they did absolutely nothing to bring in younger and talented players to replace them slowly. Instead, they were and are still going after "big" names like Dembele, Neymar and Griezmann for commercial reasons and their profit. Soon or later that wrongdoing would have come and hit our team. And that time came. It started when Valverde took over and is continuing. You can not expect good results and attractive style of play, when we have this kind of incompetent people in the board and the technical unit.
If all Barcelona fans in Spain and Worldwide start pushing this people out NOW, maybe we can sack them earlier and start the rebuilding process sooner.That is the only way for us.

LABarcaFan

We are playing better than with Valverde, but not quite well enough to win big titles this season.

Amigo. For team like Barcelona it is not enough to play just better than with Valverde. This team and this organization has set it's goals very, very high and you know that. If we finish second in La Liga and get eliminated from Copa del Rey and the CL, no matter how well we play, it will be considered as a failure from all of us.

Messi and Griezmann switching.... playing more through the middle..... Semedo playing better in the last 2 games or whatever you have seen lately makes no sense at all, because we have faced the worst teams in La Liga. If that "better system" brings as wins @ Bernabeu , @ Mestaya and @ Wanda Metropolitano, then I will take off my hat and will say Bravos Quiqe. Bravos Setien! Tu eres el hombre.

Home of Barca Fans