Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 94

Thread: Copa: Barca - Leganes 5-0

  1. #76
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    22,097
    The system and the tactics were pretty good. We have to work at implementing it better and at trying to keep the same rhythm for longer than 30 mins.

  2. #77
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The system and the tactics were pretty good. We have to work at implementing it better and at trying to keep the same rhythm for longer than 30 mins.
    Agreed. Fati on the left where he belongs and Messi with Griez switching from right to center between them plus Semedo starting ahead of Roberto, finally. Hope he keeps that but will gona be hard to mentain the instensity throughout the whole game since the tem is weak in physical preparation.

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,419
    I liked what I have seen today. But that early goal was a massive help for game switchin in Barças favour. They could play their way.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  4. #79
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,114
    A decent performance overall. Good for the first 15 minutes and dropped off a bit after that. Hopefully keeps improving game after game.

  5. #80
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,299
    Meh game overall. Maybe the players relaxed after the 2-0. Some good attacks and also some shite defending on our part, leaving acres of space for opponents to run into.
    Not seen something different from the Valverde era. Will have to wait and see what happens next.

  6. #81
    New signing
    BarcaNitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    2nd Grizmann goal disallowed for offsides, not sure that's the right call, but good that we are threatening their goal again.

  7. #82
    Senior Member
    LABarcaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Meh game overall. Maybe the players relaxed after the 2-0. Some good attacks and also some shite defending on our part, leaving acres of space for opponents to run into.
    Not seen something different from the Valverde era. Will have to wait and see what happens next.
    What difference are you expecting to see with the same players? Not possible. And Setien is the same shit as Valverde as a coach.

  8. #83
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    What difference are you expecting to see with the same players? Not possible. And Setien is the same shit as Valverde as a coach.
    Didn't have any expectations, bro. Just stating what I saw.

  9. #84
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,153
    [MENTION=23849]LABarcaFan[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

    Really? Didn't you guys spot Griezmann's position and swaps with Messi? Was the happening with EV too?
    Didn't you see us play through the middle and attempting throuballs?
    The first 30 minutes of the game.. did you watch that?
    I am not sure how great a change needs to be for some to spot, but I have a question.
    If you see no difference and say that we are playing shit, then surely you must realise we have been playing shit with EV too.

  10. #85
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    When fans celebrate a win over the last team in the liga so loudly, then a reality check and probably some strong medication is in order. The pill is called "CL direct elimination stage" and usually comes as a suppository of uncomfortably large size.

  11. #86
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    22,097
    We are playing better than with Valverde, but not quite well enough to win big titles this season.

  12. #87
    Senior Member
    LABarcaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    [MENTION=23849]LABarcaFan[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

    Really? Didn't you guys spot Griezmann's position and swaps with Messi? Was the happening with EV too?
    Didn't you see us play through the middle and attempting throuballs?
    The first 30 minutes of the game.. did you watch that?
    I am not sure how great a change needs to be for some to spot, but I have a question.
    If you see no difference and say that we are playing shit, then surely you must realise we have been playing shit with EV too.
    John, I do respect your opinion as a fellow Barca fan, but I have to tell you one thing. Your hate toward Ernesto has blindfolded you in a very bad way. To that point, that you are seeing differences in our system.I did not see any major changes aside of the improved play of Semedo in the last two games. Griezmann has never played as true # 9 as he supposed to as Suarez replacement. All three of the front line were switching their position, but that comes because of Messi. As you know, he is fake right wing. Messi has the freedom to play wherever he wants. It's been the same with Valverde. It is not possible to have great changes when the entire roster is the same. I don't blame Setien for that, but he is no better coach than EV. Lets not forget the fact that he came in as a fourth choice, after all other has refused the job. That is why, I don't expect great changes from him, at least not in the winter.

  13. #88
    Senior Member
    LABarcaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Didn't have any expectations, bro. Just stating what I saw.
    Your stats are right, I am not arguing at all. Lets not forget that we have played against one of the two worst teams in La Liga. And we were looking really bad at the back. A better team could easily get advantage of that.

  14. #89
    Senior Member
    LABarcaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    We are playing better than with Valverde, but not quite well enough to win big titles this season.
    Better in what regards?
    We have played 4 games under Setien, with Granada currently at 11-th position, Ibiza ( Third Level Team ), Valencia ( 7-th place ) and Leganes ( Last Place in La Liga ) We barely beat the first two teams and when we faced a little better one (Valencia) they slapped us in the face. So that 5:0 against the worst team means absolutely nothing to me. But, don't get me wrong. That is not Setien's fault. You can not expect anything from this group of players.

  15. #90
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,856
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    Better in what regards?
    We have played 4 games under Setien, with Granada currently at 11-th position, Ibiza ( Third Level Team ), Valencia ( 7-th place ) and Leganes ( Last Place in La Liga ) We barely beat the first two teams and when we faced a little better one (Valencia) they slapped us in the face. So that 5:0 against the worst team means absolutely nothing to me. But, don't get me wrong. That is not Setien's fault. You can not expect anything from this group of players.
    Pep struggled bigtime at first. Lucho as well. Rijkaard almost got sacked. They all had hungrier squads and pre-seasons.

    Give the man some time before we see how it works.