Lliga | Round 21: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 2-0

say_my_name

It was a major flaw in Pep's system which was successfully exploited later on by bus-parked teams. But it was all on him not the players. Pep's an extremist and a fanatic when it comes to play style and he rather lose a game (and a tournament) rather than change little things here and there like making a sub before the 89th minute or loosen the grip so the opposition can breath a little and open some space. Same goes now at Man City, the guy lost a mediocre league and his CL record is below average at best. Current Barca has many problems and the players are a major culprit unlike Pep's Barca.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
today barcelona wasn't bad, players absolutely wanted to play everything through Messi and that made u fail today.

eaman

Very disappointing first half but alot better in the second . Too many players not playing well to have any chance really. Can only improve really

gregorrin10

Commentators even said, there's no movement the players look dead tired from the training, there's no energy nothing being made in the final third.

We scored 5 past them under Valverde...

Ummm no we actually scored 1, and conceded two, and lost the Copa final to them. Gotta work on that short term memory, snowflake.

Last edited:

LMTR14

Do the players know we are supposed to put that round thing in that rectangular square thing?

It's like nobody wants to even try to score

you hit the nail on the head. valverde was too incompetent, but setien should be able to drill this into the players' heads. if not, get rid of all of em except messi and ter stegen (and first of all that cancer pique!). either way, this current barca is a PAIN to watch, one I'll avoid for now. only a few seasons ago (maybe even first half of last season), we won games with 3–5 goals difference all the time. barca either gives me that or fuck it. I have zero tolerance for loser mentality

Last edited:

Co0ter

Bob is a huge liability at the back. Can Semedo or Araújo be worse than him? I seriously doubt that.

Not entirely sold on this Busi-Frenkie-Arthur midfield. All three are too similiar IMO. None can attack the box.

What is it about our midfield that prevents us from making surging runs forward, getting in on the end of crosses, taking longshots etc.

We are too tepid in midfield. I would start Vidal with Frenkie and Busquets or Vidal Arthur Frenkie.

But too be fair to the midfield, there wasn't much happening in front of them anyway. How much runs did Greizmann and Fati offer?

Still, Fati was completely invisible and is nowhere ready to be a starter. Apart from Messi we lack cutting edge and spark up front.

At this point in Busquets career, and for a while now, there is nothing he can do that De Jong cant do better. He has no place starting in our midfield, especially with other midfielders who also lack pace, Arthur, Rakitic etc De Jong isn't too fast either. It makes us susceptible to counters, which is our weakness in the first place.

De Jong should be established as our DM. Playing with Arthur and an attacking, faster third CM. Vidal is not the solution. Coutinho is slow, Griezman doesn't have pace either. I've said it before though, Griezman playing as RM in that role would be the best use of him, and he'd be on his favored foot. We have some really good players yet we play them all out of position to accommodate other players instead of playing them to their strengths. Sit the players who dont deserve to start or alter their roles in order to field our strongest team.

Last edited:

booge

hmmmm
i think its the manager to blame.

look what klopp does with mane, firmino salah, milner, the list goes on.
all these players would flop at barcelona.

klopp does what guardiola does. he gets medicore players and gets the system to work and at the same time motivating players.

human beings are human beings. im starting to learn its not rocket science to work out what is wrong.

Enrique was a good manager
Guardiola was a good manager
Valverde was a shit manager
Tito was also shit
Martino was also shit -
This new guy is the worst manager to have managed FC Barcelona
Ironic that the only two decent managers were the ones they won Champions Leage with.

Zidane , Ancelotti, Klopp, GUardiola, Enrique, Sir Alex Ferguson, Mourinho.
Im sorry Barca wont ever win CL with these cheap ass shit managera.
Game over. A few more La Liga titles for messi and co. only because league was always weak ass and had messi to expose weak league.

gasgas

you hit the nail on the head. valverde was too incompetent, but setien should be able to drill this into the players' heads. if not, get rid of all of em except messi and ter stegen (and first of all that cancer pique!). either way, this current barca is a PAIN to watch, one I'll avoid for now. only a few seasons ago (maybe even first half of last season), we won games with 3–5 goals difference all the time. barca either gives me that or fuck it. I have zero tolerance for loser mentality

I now regret having paid my TV subscription for this month since i dont even have an income at the moment.

My meagre resources spent on watching this eye sore football. Quite a shame.

At least on the plus side i get access to the EPL and Seria A matches as well. I can watch City, Liverpool, Inter Milan to make my life easier

Home of Barca Fans