Staff member
La Liga Round 21

Saturday, January 25, 16:00CET

QPbjvDwI_0Wuu4tCS2O6uw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

------

Kuchi

2 bad performances imo, with a coach that looked like experimenting without coherence.

Pretty sure Setien will be back petting cows in his backyard come September, but i doubt the board will get us that top class coach we need, or somebody with the balls to go to town on this washed up team and make big changes.

Valencia puts us on the spot frequently @ their home ground and i expect nothing else but a very tough 1st half, were we probably will concede and than chase for an equalizer, with Griezz on the left, no attacking options and Messi stuck in the middle of the field.

My optimism is amazing today :))

Alik

Replacing the old guard once and for all, as they are done, both physically and especially mentally and will get us nowhere.

Ok, because Setien hasn't had the chance to do that.

Tactics and training wise, just 2 matches have passed, and for better or for worse, big changes are noticeable.

JohnN

I believe we will play something like:

----------------- Mats ------------------
------------------------------------------
-----Sergi-------Pique------Umtiti-----
-----------------Busquets---------------
----------Vidal------------FDJ-----------
--Fati-----------------------------Alba--
-----------Messi-------Griez------------

With Alba dropping at LB during defence and Griezmann moving to the left also.

Kuchi

Ok, because Setien hasn't had the chance to do that.

Tactics and training wise, just 2 matches have passed, and for better or for worse, big changes are noticeable.

I know it's been 2 games man, i just want to see a plan catching form, a direction, kind of expected a coach to have that from day 1.

Anyway, it will take a lot more than a new coach to rebuild.

Andresito

Staff member
I think this game is decided solely by the players' mentality and motivation. I just hope Quique doesn't experiment too much, the game is already tough as it is.

malvolio

Seems like Setien doesn't want the job for more than a couple of months then. Why the fuck would you play 3-4-3 with a crocked Umiti, nearly retired Pique and "utilitarian donkey RB/DMC/MC but no way CB" Roberto?!

Also, I wouldn't even bother in this kind of game with Fati. The kid needs games but not Valencia away.

Last edited:

serghei

I hope he gets to his senses and ditches the 3 at the back shit. Why mess with the 4-3-3? You push the FBs up on build-up and you get a perfect 2-5-3. Which is better than a 3-5-2. Most teams defend with a 4-5-1 against us. You keep 3 defenders for only 1 opponent. Why?

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I hope he gets to his senses and ditches the 3 at the back shit. Why mess with the 4-3-3? You push the FBs up on build-up and you get a perfect 2-5-3. Which is better than a 3-5-2. Most teams defend with a 4-5-1 against us. You keep 3 defenders for only 1 opponent. Why?

It's baffling. If I see 3 at the back v Valencia, time to get the pitchforks out. My issue is lesser with the notion of 3 at the back (although I believe it's inferior to 4-3-3) and more so that we lack the type of fast/mobile/proficient tackling CBs to pull it off.

Most top teams would turn our left and right CBs inside out.

gregorrin10

With Alba dropping at LB during defence and Griezmann moving to the left also.

If he's intent on playing Griezmann more to the left then I'd honestly like to see Perez getting the starting spot over Fati on that right side until Dembele returns in like 3 weeks hopefully.

Home of Barca Fans