Full name: Luis Ezequiel Ávila
Date of birth: Feb 6, 1994 (25)
Place of birth: Rosario, Argentina
Height: 1,72 m
Citizenship: Argentina
Position: Forward - Centre-Forward, can also play on both wings
Foot: left
Current club: CA Osasuna

I've mentioned him a few times already and now have decided to open the thread about him. Avila is one of the most underrated forwards in La Liga imo. 9 goals (he's only behind Messi, Benzema and Suarez) and 3 assists in a very defensive Osasuna team. I've already liked him last season for Huesca when he has scored some great goals and he continues with a good form after moving to Osasuna last summer. His release clause is apparently around 20-25M.

There were rumours we looked at him as an alternative to Suarez. I've even read we might sign him for 6 months and then use him in a deal to get Lautaro. AM also checked out on him recently though Cavani is their priority. Don't know if he's ready for a top team but clubs like Valencia, Villarreal or Sevilla should definitely consider him.

He's not exactly great technically which will probably turn some people away but he has that typical South American "garra" (has also overcome a lot of adversities in his personal life to come to where he's now) and most importantly, he can score. I really wouldn't mind him as Suarez's replacement but it's unlikely as he would take a non-EU spot.

[youtube]Bcq5WLSDHSU[/youtube]

[youtube]qoGW9KJepKI[/youtube]

Messi983

Would be so much better have we kept Todibo and brought this guy, even for 6 months though I think he would show enough to maybe make us considering shipping Suarez to MLS and have Lautaro/Chimy (I think he'll get a spanish passport in summer so non-EU spot wouldn't be a problem) as our strikers...

[tw]1220031986825408512[/tw]

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is incredibly entertaining to watch but I doubt we need a CF of his profile. We need someone who can be a physical presence and an aerial threat, not another 1.72m player. Even technical strikers like Firmino and Auba offer those things.

Andresito

Staff member
He'll probably go to a top 6-10 team in PL and dominate, or somewhere like Sevilla. I think he'll turn out good, and even good enough for the NT. We should keep an eye out.

Messi983

Poor guy. :(

There is major concern at Osasuna, just days before the start of the 2020/21 LaLiga Santander campaign.

Star striker Chimy Avila was set to make his comeback after missing the end of last season with an ACL injury in his left knee and now there are fears he may have suffered an ACL injury in his right knee.

He suffered an issue during training on Wednesday and will go for scans, but the initial impressions of the Osasuna medical staff are not positive.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/09/09/5f58b30b22601dbc4d8b45f0.html

Messi983

Osasuna have confirmed that Chimy Avila has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.

Home of Barca Fans