Copa: Ibiza - Barca 1-2

snowy

Fraid wouldn't work... Even with extra round the cock sec detail. Caliburnus a k a s excalibur shall be freed as per Myrddin's prophecy

giphy.gif
Ooooops!

Messi983

Messi, Pique and Busquets are staying in Barcelona. I'm a bit surprised that Chumi was called up ahead of Araujo.

EO01J-CXsAIgldK.jpg

We'll probably see something like this:

Neto
Semedo-Chumi/Umtiti-Lenglet-Firpo
Raki/Vidal-FDJ-Puig
Perez-Griezmann-Fati

with Arthur (I don't think he's ready to start yet since he was only given a few minutes against Granada) and maybe Abel Ruiz coming on in 2nd half.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Chumi is called up because Araujo was suspended after his 5th yellow against Badalona - nevertheless strange since Chumi hasn't really even been able to get a start with Pimienta in the B team

The handling of Todibo, just boggles the mind really

Rory

hmm Messi, Pique and Busquets all rested. "BuT bUT QuIqUE sAtAn mAKeS ThEM WoRK ToO HArD!"

Rory

you expected him to start them vs Ibiza when we have a hard game vs Valencia next days ?

No I'm making the point that he could easily have taken them there to play today and that would have been pushing them physically to also be ready for saturday. This pushing them too much physically is what a lot of people here are saying. Here is proof that he is not totally blind to the fact some players are above 30 and can't be pushed so hard.

soul24rage

No I'm making the point that he could easily have taken them there to play today and that would have been pushing them physically to also be ready for saturday. This pushing them too much physically is what a lot of people here are saying. Here is proof that he is not totally blind to the fact some players are above 30 and can't be pushed so hard.

or maybe he is resting them so that they don't risk getting unnecessary injuries right before a big game vs Valencia away.

Last edited:

Rory

or maybe he is resting them so that they don't risk getting unnecessary injuries right before a big game vs Valencia away.

Yeah exactly, because asking them to play would be pushing them too hard making them vulnerable to injuries. I don't get where you're lost on what I'm saying. Some people here have said Setien is too intense and will push the seniors too hard even though he either wasn't in the job yet or had only been here for a week. Leaving out Pique, Messi and Busquets shows that people were wrong to automatically jump to that conclusion.

soul24rage

Yeah exactly, because asking them to play would be pushing them too hard making them vulnerable to injuries. I don't get where you're lost on what I'm saying. Some people here have said Setien is too intense and will push the seniors too hard even though he either wasn't in the job yet or had only been here for a week. Leaving out Pique, Messi and Busquets shows that people were wrong to automatically jump to that conclusion.

I agree that pushing them too hard could make them more vulnerable to injuries, but I believe Setien is resting them to prevent potential unnecessary injuries more from tackles from the opposition players rather than being pushed too hard. A mix of A and B players should beat them so the likes of Messi and Pique aren't necessary for this game. If there was a La Liga game today, then I'm 95% sure Setien would have played Messi and Pique.

Home of Barca Fans