7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

Andresito

Staff member
I haven't watched him, is he the real deal or not but he is highly rated yet City paid "only" 23 mill. Why do I have the feelling we would negotiate him arround 40 at least?

Only 1 year left of the contract plus Valencia needed the money.

mc_lovin

I haven't watched him, is he the real deal or not but he is highly rated yet City paid "only" 23 mill. Why do I have the feelling we would negotiate him arround 40 at least?

We essentially got Trincao for roughly he same (including Abel Ruiz). Given the choice I would take Trincao over Ferran Torres every day of the week.

We made 3 big mistakes for different reasons (Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele), but our transfers apart from that have been very decent (we rarely made losses - see Gomes, Paulinho, Malcom, Mina, Todibo...).

Porque

Second fastest attacker in LaLiga this past season. If Pep can increase his output, then he will be a dangerous player for them.

Gaudi

We essentially got Trincao for roughly he same (including Abel Ruiz). Given the choice I would take Trincao over Ferran Torres every day of the week.

We made 3 big mistakes for different reasons (Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele), but our transfers apart from that have been very decent (we rarely made losses - see Gomes, Paulinho, Malcom, Mina, Todibo...).

good to here, haven't watched Trincao either

HanDW

Just read his most recent interview with Marca and this guy seems to have a very big ego.

Throwing shit at his ex-teammates and club (which could possibly be true tbf, Valencia is a poorly run club) and asking for some extreme demands.

Kid has only played at elite level less than a full season and was demanding 2 of these 3 things to renew his contract: be among the highest payed players, to be captain (compared himself to a young Fernado Torres :lol:) or have peter lim personally involved in the negotiations lmao.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

just read his most recent interview with Marca and this guy seems to have a very big ego.

Throwing shit at his ex-teammates and club (which could possibly be true tbf, Valencia is a poorly run club) and asking for some extreme demands.

Kid has only played at elite level less than a full season and was demanding to be among the highest payed players and to be captain to renew his contract lmao

I was thinking the same. I know they are a mess but burning bridges is not good.

Messi983

Here are the parts about Valencia from his interview with Marca...

Have you felt attacked?

When the club decided to put me in the first team I began to come under pressure and criticism. It wasn't just me, but they wanted to harm my representatives and my family. The same people who now campaign against me said then that I would fail, which hurt a lot at 17. But I have to say that there were other journalists who treated me with love and respect. There are, though, club employees working to smear my image.

You seem hurt. Do you think you can return to Valencia in the future?

I'm sure I can. I refuse to think otherwise. Even if there are crooked people. A lot of them won't be there in a few years and I'll have shown that I deserve to return.

What do you have to say to the fans?

Thank you for everything. I always felt your support and encouragement. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with my departure, that was never my intention. But what has happened has forced me to take a different path from the one I always dreamt of.

When did you decide to leave?

I started thinking about it last summer after the European Under-19 Championship. The club told me personally that they weren't counting on me. They literally said that I was the fifth winger in the squad, that reinforcements were coming and other players from other positions were ahead of me. It was a very hard blow for me, but what was worse was that they even put me on the market and offered me to teams in Spain. There were calls from 12 LaLiga Santander clubs, including Levante and one Segunda Division club. That's when I started thinking about leaving.

Did you ever consider a renewal? What were the the conditions?

One was for Peter Lim to be involved so that I knew I was important, another was to be captain as I had seen other clubs do, [Atletico Madrid] with Fernando Torres, for example, and the third was to be one of the highest paid players. I wanted two of the three, but none were fulfilled.

Do you think that you did what you could to stay at Valencia?

Absolutely. I wanted to stay and I put forward the conditions to do so. They weren't above the club's means. I know they're not in the same position as big European clubs, but I was able to lead that project and wanted to be treated as such. The club didn't want to keep me.

There are rumours that you have a bad relationship with Dani Parejo. Are they true?

After three years I'm more mature and mentally stronger. But at 17, no. He's a great player but I never had a relationship with him. When I joined the first team at 17, a number of weeks passed before he said a simple 'good morning' to me. He wasn't a good captain with me. The worst of it came after Marcelino's departure when [Lee] Kang-in and I were seen as culprits in the dressing room and they stopped talking to us for weeks.

What do you think of Kang-in's situation?

I love him a lot and he knows it. I've helped him a lot and he's going to be a great player. I hope they don't make the same mistakes they made with me. He needs love and trust because he's been through hard times and has felt alone.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/08/05/5f29c46b22601d58128b45bf.html

Laplacian

And just like that City has found yet another talented winger under the age of 23 to quickly replace Sane, all for under 25m euros. We've spent 400m and we still don't have a starting rw/lw. :) :) :) :)

Just watching other clubs handling themselves is what makes the hurt even stronger.

Scored every ucl game for city so far. ?23m basically what we paid for Braithwaite

Even worse...the players we paid 140m for struggle to start! Meanwhile City just makes great deals, deals after deals! Lose a talented winger in Sane? No problem! Here's his replacement for 23min euros. Losing Griezmann your most important player? No problem! Joao Felix is twice the player and almost a decade younger!

Barcelona 400m...zzz.zzz...no strikers or quality wingers.

Last edited:

Porque

Good form. Hit an purple patch.

I would compare him to our Trincao signing more than anyone else. Similar price ranges.

Our Dembele range signings would be something like City paying big for Sterling.

Home of Barca Fans