Lliga | Round 20: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-0

Neeraj

Just got back from the game. (Freakishly strong winds today, extremely cold!)

My thoughts - overall, a fairly steady start to Setien's career. Not super exciting, but we looked in control most of the time. The passing was definitely a bit quicker - obviously it will take a lot more time for the game to change, but it was noticeably more purposeful. I definitely saw more pressing, however the forward runs were still fairly lacking, aside from Greizmans industry.

In many home games this season, we always looked like we'd concede every time the opponent had a break, but we looked pretty much in control start to finish. Figuring out good attacking options without a striker is hard for someone who's just walked into the club, and I'm fairly happy with what I saw today. Bringing Puig on when we were still 0-0 and some 25 minutes to go if I remember correctly - that's an anti Valverde move right there if I ever saw one.

Overall - slow and steady start, look forward to seeing how the season progresses.

gregorrin10

Based off this game alone we really should be looking to offload Rakitic until the end of the month...anywhere is fine, even at a cut price...it's not like we can count on getting massive money for him anymore anyway, that ship has sailed last summer. I'd say 20M and he can leave. Just so we get even on the initial investment on him. Surely there must be someone out there willing to take him for that price. If Fati and Perez will stay with the first team because of Suarez injury, Riqui Puig can stay too, he's clearly ready. While Vidal, even though his first touch and technique are shit, especially for Setien-ball, still offers so much more enthusiasm and drive, for that alone he's worth it to be the one we keep, at least until the summer that is. After that, both him and Rakitic need to be gone.

jairzinho

Based off this game alone we really should be looking to offload Rakitic until the end of the month...anywhere is fine, even at a cut price...it's not like we can count on getting massive money for him anymore anyway, that ship has sailed last summer. I'd say 20M and he can leave. Just so we get even on the initial investment on him. Surely there must be someone out there willing to take him for that price. If Fati and Perez will stay with the first team because of Suarez injury, Riqui Puig can stay too, he's clearly ready. While Vidal, even though his first touch and technique are shit, especially for Setien-ball, still offers so much more enthusiasm and drive, for that alone he's worth it to be the one we keep, at least until the summer that is. After that, both him and Rakitic need to be gone.

Could not have said this better. Get him the fuck out. Vidal can stay till summer.

Neeraj

Yeah, Rakitic really stood out for me. Watching him strut around the field, making mistake after mistake in between all his back passes. it baffles me how he's still a top level footballer, let alone a Barca starter. Hope he gets kicked to the curb soon.

Ascom

The only strikers we’re linked with right now are Gabigol and Rafael Leão.

No, apparently Borussia Dortmund offered 6 month loan of Paco Alcácer at a decente prize. They are looking for space after the signing of Haland.

Vidal needs to stay, today he was clearly one of the best. Don't Forget Guardiola signed him for Bayern and he played 47 games that season with him. He is more inteligent in the field than it looks. His 1st touch and passing skills are not perfect but not as bad as some say and he compensates with his tackling qualities which no one in the squad have.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don’t know why some people had already thrown a verdict out calling Setien a failure after just one game, after he had barely one week to get grounded and prepare for the game, after we lost Suarez and playing without a striker (I hope those who were happy to see Suarez out for the rest of the season took a moment to realize how idiotic to celebrate it. Again Griezmann doesn’t do well as a No.9 so we really need to figure out a plan to incorporate perhaps Fati or someone else to fill this missing hole for the lack of a real striker. ). Again, our problems go far beyond Valverde and don’t expect Setien will miraculously right all our wrongs right away, let alone in just one week.

I thought we played OK, saw some positive signs such as less the players being more mobile and less static. That said, we clearly lack alternatives to passing through the middle trying to beat opposing players. I did not see enough wing plays or anything else versatile about out game today.

I think we should give Setien a lot more time before we form any judgement on how well he does as our manager.

FCMessi

Allowing Raktic to suck for 80 minutes.

Having both Fati and Griezmann playing on the wrong sides for 90 minutes and not realizing nor admitting his mistakes.

JohnN

18 attempts, 13 from open play. And that doesn't take account some great attempts in which we weren't able to shoot for centimeters. Messi with 2 great chances just missing, when he usually scores. Fatibwoth two great chances. Vidal with a great chance. Griezmann two great chances.
I mean, you can look at either the stats or the actual game and see we played better after just one week without EV.
Might be luck, might be short lived. I don't know. But it's a fact. And facts don't go away because you avoid speaking about them or deny their existence.

FinBarcelonafan

18 attempts, 13 from open play. And that doesn't take account some great attempts in which we weren't able to shoot for centimeters. Messi with 2 great chances just missing, when he usually scores. Fatibwoth two great chances. Vidal with a great chance. Griezmann two great chances.
I mean, you can look at either the stats or the actual game and see we played better after just one week without EV.
Might be luck, might be short lived. I don't know. But it's a fact. And facts don't go away because you avoid speaking about them or deny their existence.

The most important thing, this felt like Barcelona!!! Not Valverde shit show.

Home of Barca Fans