Lliga | Round 20: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-0

JohnN

Of course not much will change after a couple of days, but this is the first game I can be excited about in a long time. Setien should have an impact in about a month though

Vilarrubi

Our lack of intensity under Valverde has been obvious, on and off the ball. If players can’t keep up to the intense fitness regime then they won’t make the cut... Unlucky.

JohnN

Let's get a clean sheet for once. Even if against Granada. Exciting times finally. I hope excitement won't backfire.

Neeraj

Going to the game on sunday, finally after quite a few weeks. Excited to see something that isn't Valverde. Not expecting anything drastic overnight, but I'm curious to see if there's any difference in the atmosphere and vibe at the Camp. I would not expect it, as they never seemed to mind Valverde to begin with.

raskolnikov

Going to the game on sunday, finally after quite a few weeks. Excited to see something that isn't Valverde. Not expecting anything drastic overnight, but I'm curious to see if there's any difference in the atmosphere and vibe at the Camp. I would not expect it, as they never seemed to mind Valverde to begin with.

I always get the vibe its mostly us international fans being pissed off about Valverde.
Catalan fans seem pleased as long as wel lead/win la liga and beat Madrid.
Dont know if its true though.

behindbrowneyes

Setién has so far made an excellent impression and I am very excited about the first appearance. I believe we will see some changes right away. Reason: many of our players don't have to learn a new game, because they already know this way of playing. It is not the case that Setién implements a revolutionary game, but simply goes back to the roots. It will certainly not all work out, but I expect that you will see the handwriting of Setién. Especially in the building game.

The squad is not perfect for this type of game (lack of speed of central defenders, no real wingers), but there is still a lot of quality in this team and there are tactical options to deal with these weaknesses. Making them run more/more effectively in terms of team movement as a unit + more motivation can do a lot right away. They were lacking intensity.

Neymessi

First coach match hype is pretty overrated. People expect things to change in an instant. It takes a coach pretty long to turn things around.

Just don't expect something drastic this match.

Kul_z

I expect goals from both sides, and us getting 3 points out of what should be exciting match

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
First coach match hype is pretty overrated. People expect things to change in an instant. It takes a coach pretty long to turn things around.

Just don't expect something drastic this match.

Not really. A manager bounce mid-season is a real thing.

gregorrin10

who the fuck trains on a matchday? serious question - are there any top teams that do this?

We did with Pep and I think Klopp does that as well. It's not a real training, a tactical session more like.

And It's only when there's an evening game like this one, and when it's at home of course, so the training or more like 'the get-together' is still like 10-12 hours before the match. You don't really expect Setien will have them training at 9.00 AM if the game is at 18.00 or even 16.00. So it's really not a problem at all, it actually keeps the players focused and they are more ready physically and mentally than if they laid home for the entire day. And he also uses that get-together to actually release the match day squad to the players and the public, since he'll be doing that on the day of the match. While before the match day squad was released the night before, and the players then spent the entire match day leading up to the match at home, so they came to the game all out of sorts and relaxed, instead of ready to play.

Home of Barca Fans