Lliga | Round 20: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-0

BBZ8800

The team having 85% possession and 6 shots already, more than we had under Valverde in the entirety of his matches, you muppet. :lol:

Without zero clear chances against a mighty opponent.
And majority of shots looked kinda forced and desperate.

A coach instructed them to shoot more which brings more shots on paper.

As written in my post above, results wise, this is our worst Camp Nou match (except El Classico) when Messi played.

We are 45 minutes away from losing the first points at Camp Nou, except in El Classico.

Just sayin'...

I know that you guys have wet dreams about more movement etc.
But we will need goals also.

For me, our attacking was quite clueless and chaotic.
I know that it is a first match.
But still, this is Granada at home.

After reading comments during the last week, I had an impression that we will win 12:0 with anyone not named EV.

kattanib

As written in my post above, results wise, this is our worst Camp Nou match (except El Classico) when Messi played.

We are 45 minutes away from losing the first points at Camp Nou, except in El Classico.

Just sayin'...

After reading comments during the last week, I had an impression that we will win 12:0 with anyone not named EV.

Are you trolling? We had two goal chances at least; Fati shooting the air and Messi curling and placing the ball to the right of the post

FinBarcelonafan

Just sayin'...

C'mon we had plenty of chances but it wasn't Messi usual goat half. Otherwise we would up by two.

BBZ8800

Our midfield setup looked decent enpugh, but our offensive doesnt work at all. Fati made a few nice runs, but thats it. We seriously lack punch without Suarez.

That's a no9 impact.
A no9 draws 1-2 opponents away and then Messi has less opponents on his back to dribble and score.

With no one in the box, we get more men in midfield and thus more passes, but then we lack in attack where Messi has to dribble past 5 players to get close to a box.

I won't be surprised if we won't score.
Quite likely, actually.

mc_lovin

That's a no9 impact.
A no9 draws 1-2 opponents away and then Messi has less opponents on his back to dribble and score.

With no one in the box, we get more men in midfield and thus more passes, but then we lack in attack where Messi has to dribble past 5 players to get close to a box.

I won't be surprised if we won't score.
Quite likely, actually.

No shit, sherlock ;-) Our squad planning has been shocking and no backup 9 will more likely than not fuck us. Especially if we play Griezmann LW and Fati RW. They cant properly cut inside like that.

BBZ8800

You hate this style while others love it. This possession triangle passing attacking style is a huge part of the Barca dna .. you might want to consider why is it that you support Barcelona. Is it for the glory they have had? The childhood memories you associate to the club? The playing style of the club? .. whatever your reasons, Barca might not be the best team to fulfill what you are seeking

Again, that is Pep's Barca, not Barca in general.
Rijkaard played more direct.

I don't have anything against possession.
I do hate possession for a sake of possession, which happened with Pep and Spain after 2011.

With this type of possession and shitty attack, we won't be able to beat even Mickey Mouse teams at Camp Nou.

JohnN

Some have we dreams of this team failing.. Granada also beat us 2-0 but now are too week for mighty Barca. Right. No commenting on intensity which is 50% higher when All you are about is physicality. Hypocritical at best

mc_lovin

Again, that is Pep's Barca, not Barca in general.
Rijkaard played more direct.

I don't have anything against possession.
I do hate possession for a sake of possession, which happened with Pep and Spain after 2011.

With this type of possession and shitty attack, we won't be able to beat even Mickey Mouse teams at Camp Nou.

Nothing to do with possession football, but our lack of attacking talent (or cohesion).

BBZ8800

Some have we dreams of this team failing.. Granada also beat us 2-0 but now are too week for mighty Barca. Right. No commenting on intensity which is 50% higher when All you are about is physicality. Hypocritical at best

We were trashing everyone at home with EV.
We were bad away from home.

Currently, 55 minutes at home, 0:0.

Do you understand a point?

Horatio

You're welcome
Are people really comparing the two coaches with not even one game over under the new coach? This is ridiculous...

Home of Barca Fans