Maxence Caqueret

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Maxence Caqueret - The beginning - 2019/2020 <a href="https://t.co/qE5mPi2rWN">pic.twitter.com/qE5mPi2rWN</a></p>— Compilations OL (@CompilationsOL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CompilationsOL/status/1217041735144091653?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>​

Messi983

Did you watch the game? Why was he subbed off in 1st half? Injury?

Also, I saw that Wague has played the last 15 minutes, how did he do?

FC433

I did not watch the first half (I was watching R. Betis) and he was subbed out just before the end of it, no idea why though. I did not watch Wague because I switched to Getafe vs AB.

Messi983

Looks like it was a tactical decision...

[tw]1224000967752003584[/tw]

[tw]1224001485786304514[/tw]

Riordon

He was superb last night. Aouar, Guimaraes and Caqueret is some real talent. I guess you can't call Aouar a talent anymore since he has been doing it consistently for almost three years now.

Porque

He was superb last night. Aouar, Guimaraes and Caqueret is some real talent. I guess you can't call Aouar a talent anymore since he has been doing it consistently for almost three years now.

Which one would you like to see / think is the best fit in Barcelona?

Riordon

Which one would you like to see / think is the best fit in Barcelona?

I wanted Aouar since late 2017 together with Frenkie but with the breakthrough with Puig I don't think there is room for him. Guimaraes is best as a double pivot player, a bit of the same issue with Frenkie with him. Those two in a double pivot is how you get the most of them IMO. I wouldn't go for Guimaraes for a 433. Need to see more of Caqueret but he is a "complete CM" in the mold of Modric/Verratti.

If we didn't have Puig I would have gone for Aouar 100%. Can play CM in a 433 with lots of intense running, a bit like Iniesta.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He is currently my top candidate for Busquets replacement.

I watched Lyon games against PSG, Nice & Monaco, was mainly interested in watching Bruno Guimaraes, but this guy caught my eye; and highlights ,stats and articles support my eye test.

He is one of those aggressive small DM, like the kind of Gattusso, Kante, Davids or Verratti (the latter is more of CM)
He protects the defense very well, close passing lanes and area in front of the box in elite way, always everywhere trying to recover the ball, and again it isn't just energy but also smart movement. IMO will boost our defense massively.

On the ball he is a genius in the 1st touch pass, whether he is receiving a pass or recovering a ball, he already scanned the surroundings and make the immediate one touch pass to his teammates. Doesn't lose the ball under pressure.
Offensively he isn't the flashy midfielder, which IMO the reason he is a bit underrated, doesn't make wow passes that break defenses, albeit being capable passer, but it is an area to improve, also he doesn't hold the ball so much or invite opponents to press him, like Busquets for example.
OTOH he has massive positional awareness and knows where to be and where his teammates are, which help Guimaraes to advance the ball and being more free to attack.
He always shows for defense when they have the ball, but Lyon make a lot of their build ups through the flanks first.

If he joins us, it will take a bit of a time for the team to adjust, but IMO he is the perfect partner for FDJ and to less extent Pedri. There will be some growing pains but IMO it will be worth it, especially with Busquets not getting any younger.

His teammates Bruno could also work in that position if we want a DM that is better on the ball. I won't mind getting both either, midfield is Lyon best line. :lol:

Caqueret, Guimaraes and Tonali are IMO the best Busi replacements, far better than the likes of Kamara, Kessie & Zakaria

Last edited:

Laplacian

He's another one, ANOTHER French baller. Honestly if you want a stacked midfield you gotta go shopping in France it's the only way...

Messi983

He's staying in Lyon.

caqueret-prolongation.jpg

Home of Barca Fans