Valverde sacked!

Nazario1985

It wasn't only the loss against Atletico, it was that draw against Espanyol as well, losing 2 points against the worst team in La Liga andin general we have been horrible in almost all away matches this season.

As i said in the match thread, everyone saw what will happen AGAIN this year in the CL. EV blowing up a confortable lead in UCL

The guy can't even parc the bus !!

Last edited:

SeloBarca

source.gif

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Probably not. But for next season this is great. Setién gets to be part of the planning for 20/21 season, test out players like Riqui (hopefully), Frenkie's best position, Semedo/Roberto etc.

Old guard will need to prove themselves, Alba, Piqué, Busi among others. I just hope Setién doesn't act like a cozy uncle for the seniors.

He has said it this morning that will not hesitate to bench any starters, if they don't perform at a high level. That means, he will probably turn more often to Barca B for young talents. I hope, he can implant to the first team at least 2-3 of them. As of selection of new players, Quique is another YES MAN, same as EV and will do whatever his bosses say him.

LABarcaFan

This is not happening... I am shocked... this should not be possible... I really thought I'll get to fall out from CL from Napoli and lose Primera by Real - and get new, long contract I deserve after all that!

Don't they know my name, my nick? I'm calling Barto right now, he'll get me back or I'll make public those photos...

Dude. You should change your avatar and username already. There is a new coach in Barcelona. Enjoy. Let it go.

LABarcaFan

Don't spoil this joyful thread with any negativity. Talk about Setien the board and the players in another thread. This is a sacred place full of happiness and rainbows. What a glorious day.

You and the other 9 that have liked your joyful post, enjoy it. What a glorious day.You should get together and get drank. This is big day.

LABarcaFan

One of our biggest problem is that we dont have players with pace to challenge defenders, messi dont have speed to do that anymore, we need someone with pace one the left wing. Dembele is injured all the time and playing better on right wing than left wing.

Is not only the luck of pace player upfront. The entire team needs changes, starting with our 31-32 y.o. veterans. I can just hope that Setien will use more often Fati, Perez and Puig.

sickstar

Just face it, whoever the coach is, this team is facing downhill, unless we found new players to slowly replace the veterans. Well, it's normal for every club, but hopefully not too long until we could once again have at least 'silver' generation, assuming 2016-2015 as golden one.

JerseyAddict

until we could once again have at least 'silver' generation, assuming 2006-2015 as golden one.

Fixed the 2006. year ;)

Finaly some realistic post. That Barcelona Era is something special. It can't be instantly replaced. It needs time to find players on all positions that will fit together and still be world class. Only 2 or 3 weak spots and top teams nowdays exploit that ...

JohnN

You and the other 9 that have liked your joyful post, enjoy it. What a glorious day.You should get together and get drank. This is big day.

Unfortunately I cannot see likes or like a post for some reason.
Apart from that, cheers to everyone who enjoyed that day.
All thing shouldn't be serious and football is the least serious of all.
But some times the joy it brings.. unparalleled.

Whatever happens with setien, EV was a cancer for the club after the anfield defeat.. and the day he was sacked, was an epic day!!

LABarcaFan

Unfortunately I cannot see likes or like a post for some reason.
Apart from that, cheers to everyone who enjoyed that day.
All thing shouldn't be serious and football is the least serious of all.
But some times the joy it brings.. unparalleled.

Whatever happens with setien, EV was a cancer for the club after the anfield defeat.. and the day he was sacked, was an epic day!!

Agreed.On my end, I got really drunk with friends and we celebrated the news till after midnight. I hope Setien can handle better the locker room and work with our aging veterans for one last run at the CL.

Home of Barca Fans