Quique Setien

gregorrin10

GOATverde seemed like such a nice guy. Sure he needed to go but the internet fans went way too far with their hatred imho. Glad it's not on my conscience.

conscience...seriously? :lol: You mean like he had had a conscience after Rome or even more so Anfield but he chose to keep making millions even after embarrassing the club and making sure the fans had the biggest disgrace on their faces. That 'Trent takes the corner quickly' meme will forever be out there now, and can always be used by any Barca hater ever, we never had an embarrassment like that before Rome and Anfield in our history. Don't kid yourself thinking anyone with half a brain in the Barca community actually feels sorry for the guy. Even if you do (or even if you're just trolling).:wave:

conscience...seriously? :lol: You mean like he had had a conscience after Rome or even more so Anfield but he chose to keep making millions even after embarrassing the club and making sure the fans had the biggest disgrace on their faces. That 'Trent takes the corner quickly' meme will forever be out there now, and can always be used by any Barca hater ever, we never had an embarrassment like that before Rome and Anfield in our history. Don't kid yourself thinking anyone with half a brain in the Barca community actually feels sorry for the guy. Even if you do (or even if you're just trolling).:wave:

Would any of those who expected him to gracefully retire because he wasn't up to the job, also do the same under the same circumstances? Would you? Give up 23m a year because that's what people who happen to hate you, want? Doubt it.

There are currently literally billions of people in this world who are shit at their jobs and don't deserve the pay check they are given, yet none of them resign, and they are not giving up 23m a year either. Not even close. GOATverde did what he was ALLOWED to do, what, statistics show, 99.99% of the people who expected him to do different, would also hypocritically do, in the same position as him.

Also, I don't feel sorry for him, I'm just glad I didn't partake in the rather vulgar social media lynch mob, that's all.

Rory

Shouldn't have resigned after Roma, we won the double after thinking it would be an awful season and nearly went unbeaten in the league, the pragmatism had a purpose that year. Absolutely should have resigned after Anfield + Copa final.

George_Costanza

Would any of those who expected him to gracefully retire because he wasn't up to the job, also do the same under the same circumstances? Would you? Give up 23m a year because that's what people who happen to hate you, want? Doubt it.

There are currently literally billions of people in this world who are shit at their jobs and don't deserve the pay check they are given, yet none of them resign, and they are not giving up 23m a year either. Not even close. GOATverde did what he was ALLOWED to do, what, statistics show, 99.99% of the people who expected him to do different, would also hypocritically do, in the same position as him.

Also, I don't feel sorry for him, I'm just glad I didn't partake in the rather vulgar social media lynch mob, that's all.

I said it before, I resigned from a high six-figure job in 2014 because I thought I didn't fit in and it took me a year to find another job. Any self-respecting person with little dignity would do the same. Was Tata fired from his job? No, he resigned, how about Pep? I could list a dozen people off the top of my head in the sport and top fortune 500 companies who resigned after failing, some of them didn't even fail but they knew that they won't add any value to the team/company.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One thing to remember is Messi barely plays defense so expect some kind of variations to Setien normal systems.

We still need players that will run and that will be biggest issue for Setien imo.

Kul_z

One thing to remember is Messi barely plays defense so expect some kind of variations to Setien normal systems.

We still need players that will run and that will be biggest issue for Setien imo.

Messi shouldnt be an issue if other players are running/pressing. 2 players not pressing are problem. Messi staying up the field, waiting for pass in final third is our best form of attack and defence. On setien is if he would play at cf/false nine or at rw. Maybe if he try griez on rw messi in the middle and fati/dembele on the left could be our winning formula. Two 'wings' with great work rate and fast breaks. I hope that in attack phase we would finally see some overlapping of wings and fullbacks with de jong/vidal watching their backs. We need quality brainfarts prone cb's also to play like that.
Semedo and alba are capable of that and are fast enough.
Griez and fati are capable of great link up and trickery.
Messi is Messi.
De jong, busi, vidal, rakitic, arthur, puig are decent enough to cover the area.
Pique and lenglet are just too slow.
Todibo and healthy umtiti could do the job.

Let me be like bbz.

Facts are that every cl winning team had a cb that had a monstruos season, except guess who - 2015 winner fc barcelona.

Liverpool - van dijk
Real - ramos and varane
Real - ramos
Bayern - boateng, dante, van buyten
Chelsea - terry, ivanovic
Barca - pique
Inter - eto'o( lmao)

Point is, pique needs to shut the fuck up and put his el classico display every time he is on the pitch in cl and only then we can hope to achieve something. In 2015 he was world class ill give him that tho, i was a bit harsh but you get the point.

mssarm

Can't wait to see Barca under Setien. Barca under EV was so dull , I stopped watching in last couple of months.

George_Costanza

BBZ, Tackle & cos after seeing the lineup now

source.gif

Home of Barca Fans