Quique Setien

Barcilliant

No it wasnt.

Barca set up 433 and not to defend. Which they should have done and tried to match what happened towards end of first leg.

Arthur was benched was a mistake but he was still coming back from injury. Rakitic also offers more going forward than Arthur if breaking it down to that.

Go back and watch the videos of before the game and at half time when EV is trying to get the defence to push up.

The gameplan should have been to set up more defensively but they were too confident Liverpool would over commit and they would score.

Valverde did not try to set up at all like Simeone. You need to go back and watch again and listen to the videos before game and at HT.

Barca were pinned back because team couldnt cope with intensity not on some grand plan to play like Simeone.

The fact is Shitverde didn't know what to do. We ended up with this hybrid style of a defensive 433 which was a total shit show. The man was torn between his natural defeive style and the need to please the board and fans with some attacking football. BTW this exact same thing happened to Benitez at Real.

Horatio

You're welcome
The fact is Shitverde didn't know what to do. We ended up with this hybrid style of a defensive 433 which was a total shit show. The man was torn between his natural defeive style and the need to please the board and fans with some attacking football. BTW this exact same thing happened to Benitez at Real.

Real case is not comparable at all.

El Gato

Villarato!

It's not a fact. And has nothing to do with Benitez at Real. Sorry.

Resident Real Madrid troll trying to defend this bum Setien knowing we would regress under him.

Nothing to see here folks he wants our team weaker not stronger

Fuck are you on about you dimwit? I was laughing at Setien's bootlicking before it was cool.

Messigician

Quique Seti?n: "Teams allowed to make up to five substitutions now? It doesn't benefit us. Due to the way we play, we solve games at the end, when rivals are most tired." [via md]

Lmfao Setien can only score when his opponent is tired and/or bored watching 1000 sideways and backpasses. No wonder Betis could never score under him

Rory

Already giving himself excuses whereas Messi said the break may have benefited us. Setien out, loser mentality.

fergus90

I quite honestly think he doesn't make it past here beyond June 2021 anyway. However not the best message to convey to the players straight after a break. In fact having 5 subs should encourage him to make them sooner as in my opinion he has been late to make changes in the majority of games.

LABarcaFan

Quique Seti?n: "Teams allowed to make up to five substitutions now? It doesn't benefit us. Due to the way we play, we solve games at the end, when rivals are most tired." [via md]

Lmfao Setien can only score when his opponent is tired and/or bored watching 1000 sideways and backpasses. No wonder Betis could never score under him

Don't forget, he was our fifth choice as a coach. I have said it many times from the beginning that he is the same shit as EV.

Sooo why not add more tempo and make subs earlier?

He is just incapable of doing that. Mediocre coach, that is it.

Already giving himself excuses whereas Messi said the break may have benefited us. Setien out, loser mentality.

More and more Barca fans has realized that Setien is not the right choice for us. He couldn't do anything with Betis and was fired.maybe good coach for Segunda Division, not La Liga.

I quite honestly think he doesn't make it past here beyond June 2021 anyway. However not the best message to convey to the players straight after a break. In fact having 5 subs should encourage him to make them sooner as in my opinion he has been late to make changes in the majority of games.

The reason why he said that is he is afraid to substitute any of our veterans. He is a puppy of Bartomeu, hopping to fulfill his contract till the summer of 2022.

Barcilliant

Don't forget, he was our fifth choice as a coach. I have said it many times from the beginning that he is the same shit as EV.

He is just incapable of doing that. Mediocre coach, that is it.

More and more Barca fans has realized that Setien is not the right choice for us. He couldn't do anything with Betis and was fired.maybe good coach for Segunda Division, not La Liga.

The reason why he said that is he is afraid to substitute any of our veterans. He is a puppy of Bartomeu, hopping to fulfill his contract till the summer of 2022.

It is a catch 22 situation. The veterans need a big name manager who will command respect and lay down the law. However no big name manager wikl come here while the seniors are still here.
I'd get rid of Pique and Busquets first. Busquets is useless and Pique is just distracted and a bad example for the rest of the team.
It doesn't help that there are very few big names actually available.

Barcilliant

I don't agree with Setien. He has an old squad and he will need those subs when it s hot and our seniors are huffing and puffing in the heat.

serghei

I don't agree with Setien. He has an old squad and he will need those subs when it s hot and our seniors are huffing and puffing in the heat.

Unfortunately, the squad is short. As the younger players have been traded/loaned or are injured (Dembele). So, we don't actually benefit that much from these extra changes.

Kul_z

5 subs could benefit us as well. We can change the whole mf with 2 extra subs, those old legs would meed that.

I like what i see from training so far, all players look in better shape then before lockdown. Not goretzka and davies like transformation but still they look better.

Not that much fucking rondo's too. Cant wait to see how the season unfolds

clemente

It's not like we are capable to play any different, this squad is 60% of backpassers, you want us to out of fucking nowhere with the grandmas we have play counter-attacking football? Backpassing until opponents are tired is the only option we have.

Porque

5 subs should help us keep the intensity in attack and midfield. Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, Arthur are all 45/60 minute players right now. That is your 2 extra subs right there.

Then you have 2 more to change the forward line to a direct style off the bench (Braithwaite and Ansu on for Suarez and Griezmann). And one more for energy at one of the fullbacks.

Perfect.

Quite frankly, Setien comes across as an extremely intelligent guy with great footbal ideas. But the longer he has been here (and it hasnt been long) the less he seems to be able to hold onto his ideals. It is a shame, but he seems to be getting Tata'd.

Home of Barca Fans