Quique Setien

George_Costanza

And we were unlucky not to score 5 or 6. At the end, it was open traffic.

I only remember Dembele's miss. That was about it. Had they scored any of the close chances they had in the first half, the game would have been very different and not as open. So yes, we were lucky not to concede.

El Guaje

Been a full week without Barca football, dawgs.

:wow:

And i dont even miss it at all. EV and most of the players have drained all the joy i had watching Barca games. Compare our shit ulta mega static slowmotion football to the Liverpool - Atletico game a few days ago. Both teams ran, fought, the intensity was high af, players were moving and made runs etc. Now that was refreshing and fun to watch after only following Barca for a while. Our team is shit and boring in comparison. Old uncle Milner was after 10 minutes more involved in the game than some of our players are in 90.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

AM was very un-intimidated by Liverpool. It was an even playing ground in terms of mentality and physicality. Liverpool did not want it more than AM, did not work harder than AM, were not more physically impressive than AM, and sure as hell didn't bully AM in terms of attitude.

This gave AM chances to punish Liverpool for their mistakes, and they took them expertly.

I don't buy this luck thing. All of Liverpool fans wanted to avoid AM because AM is a bulldog team that doesn't back away from a fight. They even like dog fights like this. Very very tough team to handle in knockout competitions.

Simeone prepares his team's mentally, physically and tactically. What did that fucking bum Shitverde do? Both teams went into the break 1-0 down but Atleti weathered the storm and finished strong. They broke Liverpool down physically and MENTALLY.
On the other hand our pussy team came out after the break and collapsed like a cheap ass deck chair. The team wasn't prepared and got blown away. If Salah and Mane were there it would have been 5 or 6.
Bottm line is Shitverde allowed a culture of complacency to set in and once the rot starts you can't stop it.
At least Setien has the right idea but with this piss poor squad he can't do shit.

LABarcaFan

One thing I don't understand. If he is just a six months rental, then why the board gave him 2 years contract? I don't think Setien will be replaced this summer. He will stay at least till next summer, when we may have new board members and president. And even then, we have to pay him 1 year compensation I think, for annulling his 2 years contract. And something else, very important. Lets not forget that 4 other coaches refused to get the job and he actually was our fifth option.I can see that he is working well with the team, but Setien is Setien. His limits are not very high.

LABarcaFan

And i dont even miss it at all. EV and most of the players have drained all the joy i had watching Barca games. Compare our shit ulta mega static slowmotion football to the Liverpool - Atletico game a few days ago. Both teams ran, fought, the intensity was high af, players were moving and made runs etc. Now that was refreshing and fun to watch after only following Barca for a while. Our team is shit and boring in comparison. Old uncle Milner was after 10 minutes more involved in the game than some of our players are in 90.

100% true. It can be sad any better. Congrats for this post.

Simeone prepares his team's mentally, physically and tactically. What did that fucking bum Shitverde do? Both teams went into the break 1-0 down but Atleti weathered the storm and finished strong. They broke Liverpool down physically and MENTALLY.
On the other hand our pussy team came out after the break and collapsed like a cheap ass deck chair. The team wasn't prepared and got blown away. If Salah and Mane were there it would have been 5 or 6.
Bottm line is Shitverde allowed a culture of complacency to set in and once the rot starts you can't stop it.
At least Setien has the right idea but with this piss poor squad he can't do shit.

Liverpool is in a hole at this moment. The latest results in the Premier League proved their crack-down.The team technically is the same, which won the CL and is 25 points clear in the championship, but their famous attacking trio of Salah, Mane and Firmino is already done and gone.They also luck a quality play-maker so no wonder Atletico kicked them out. Liverpool's problems started to show up earlier then expected.
I have been writing about Bracelona's washed out squad since last year, but it seem that most of the people here are refusing to see the real problem. They are willing to blame it on the coach. First was Valverde, now is Setien. We don't have a squad that can easlly win La Liga or CDL, not to mention the CL. This team need a major over-hole and it will take some time till we have it rebuild.

Richard.H

Let's pray and hope La Liga can be back in June or July. Our squad would get some much needed rest which will hopefully boost us to win rest of the games. I know there are no practices allowed but I'm sure Setien is preparing tactically while bunkered in.

Gari

Quique Setien: "I have signed a fixed year and a half plus another one conditioned and the reality is that I hope to fulfill it, and even renew."

LABarcaFan

Quique Setien: "I have signed a fixed year and a half plus another one conditioned and the reality is that I hope to fulfill it, and even renew."

Yap. That will keep him as a Barcelona coach till 30.06.2021 and then the new board will have to find the right one to start the rebuilding process.

Apparently he was on his way to sign for Pyramids in Egyptian PL before we went for him.

Ha, ha. That was good but it's no joke. He could have been ready to work in the Middle East

Andresito

Staff member
Pissed off alot of people with his comments apparently, anyone got the details?

This

Seti?n's words about La Masia has generated a massive surprise within the youth academy. The coach arrived with the tag of being someone who would give La Masia a chance. However, phrases like "until now, they haven't convinced me", about the youngsters have not sat well.

Vilarrubi

Don’t see the problem. If they’re not good enough they’re not good enough. Better than promoting them just because they are La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans