Quique Setien

Messigician

Quique Setien, the coach with the worst loss percentage in the last decade
Looking back at Barca managers in the last decade, you have to go back to Jordi Roura's interim period to find a coach who has lost more times. As well as his stats, he has been criticised for how he has managed the squad as well as how he has played. His name goes down along side those of Van Gaal, Rexach and Serra Ferrer.

FinBarcelonafan

I still blame the veterans for their cancerous attitude. He wanted to play better football but these selfish bricks ain't ready to work anymore. They wanted it easy for years.. and had it.

We'll see. Koeman is in a tough spot too. I doubt he will do better. Actually, I think Koeman is in even tougher spot than Setien.

Messigician

?It?s sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, those f*cking sh*tty long passes,? he said of Gerard Pique?s distribution.

?He?s not doing anything he?s supposed to be doing, f*cking hell,? Sarabia grumbled about Nelson Semedo.

?Again, Arthur, f*cking hell,? said the assistant, as Barcelona?s Brazilian midfielder became the target.

Antoine Griezmann, Frenkie de Jong and Sergio Busquets also fell into his bad books at times and were also rebuked.

?Griezmann is a world champion. Who is Eder Sarabia to tell him he?s not doing what he?s supposed to do?? questioned French journalist Fred Hermel on Gol TV . Another clip showed Sarabia shouting at Messi, trying to get his attention. ?Lio! Lio!? yelled the assistant brusquely at the six-time Ballon d?Or winner and perhaps the best player in the history of the game.

Barcelona?s players are said to be angry with Sarabia?s behaviour, and the fact he has no history of his own has not helped the issue - he?s never hidden the fact that his father?s status has opened doors for him.

?It seems he rules more than the coach and nobody knows him because he?s done nothing on a professional level, how can he give orders to Messi?? a Barcelona source told ABC newspaper.

Setien has told Sarabia to calm down a bit and the Barcelona coach admitted on Thursday that he and his assistant apologised to the players.

FinBarcelonafan

?It?s sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, those f*cking sh*tty long passes,? he said of Gerard Pique?s distribution.

?He?s not doing anything he?s supposed to be doing, f*cking hell,? Sarabia grumbled about Nelson Semedo.

?Again, Arthur, f*cking hell,? said the assistant, as Barcelona?s Brazilian midfielder became the target.

Antoine Griezmann, Frenkie de Jong and Sergio Busquets also fell into his bad books at times and were also rebuked.

?Griezmann is a world champion. Who is Eder Sarabia to tell him he?s not doing what he?s supposed to do?? questioned French journalist Fred Hermel on Gol TV . Another clip showed Sarabia shouting at Messi, trying to get his attention. ?Lio! Lio!? yelled the assistant brusquely at the six-time Ballon d?Or winner and perhaps the best player in the history of the game.

Barcelona?s players are said to be angry with Sarabia?s behaviour, and the fact he has no history of his own has not helped the issue - he?s never hidden the fact that his father?s status has opened doors for him.

?It seems he rules more than the coach and nobody knows him because he?s done nothing on a professional level, how can he give orders to Messi?? a Barcelona source told ABC newspaper.

Setien has told Sarabia to calm down a bit and the Barcelona coach admitted on Thursday that he and his assistant apologised to the players.

But this is also bit fucked up. The coach should always have enough authority over the players. How can you tell these players anything if you haven't won World Cup or Balloon dor before? Fucking joke

Richard.H

But this is also bit fucked up. The coach should always have enough authority over the players. How can you tell these players anything if you haven't won World Cup or Balloon dor before? Fucking joke

I truly believe setien and Sarabia tried to be actual coaches and gave up within 3-4 matches. It?s true you cannot say anything to these players. Who will they listen to? Most of them have won more trophies than any players in other top flight clubs. I believe the only coach in the world that Messi at least will listen and follow instructions from is Pep. He has massive respect for him. For the rest in the squad, I think they will respect Koeman simply due to his massive stature in the club. Time will tell

serghei

I truly believe setien and Sarabia tried to be actual coaches and gave up within 3-4 matches. It?s true you cannot say anything to these players. Who will they listen to? Most of them have won more trophies than any players in other top flight clubs. I believe the only coach in the world that Messi at least will listen and follow instructions from is Pep. He has massive respect for him. For the rest in the squad, I think they will respect Koeman simply due to his massive stature in the club. Time will tell

They did. They came with a plan, but that plan required much more work and dedication than these veterans are capable of putting in on a weekly basis. This was early in his tenure when we looked very well for spells only to be gassed at min 60 or even sooner.

And they didn't have any solid plan B. Valverde had a better plan B (he wasn't such a Cruyff devotee), even though deeply flawed as well.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, i was very optimist at the start of that tenure. We were looking like pressing and keeping total control. Being active all over the field. Then some old men told old man Setien that they are too old for this shit and Setien happened to be too old for this shit too and became Valverde 2.0. The change was obvious and it was well correlated by butthurt from oldfags in the locker room at the time.

Vilarrubi

Which will be Setien's new team ?

Not sure but still waiting patiently for a big team to go for Valverde............

mk6chc8nkkx11.jpg

Home of Barca Fans