Quique Setien

Porque

I think this board is going to do everything in their power to get Xavi next season- this is inclusive of majorly overpaying him just to get him to sign.

Whoever decides to run for elections to continue this board being in control of the club will realise that a large part of the opposition campaign will be about having Xavi as the new manager and try to get him in first.

For that reason I really hope he does not come to the club as we are currently rotten to the core and need a new board, new manager and a majority outage of the old guard. Right now we are like Spain pre-2008 where the status of Raul prevented the new genuine from influencing the team. Only when Raul was dropped did Spain finally when a Euro Cup and subsequent WC.

vegitot

Daily Mail is as unreliable as it gets in England, they print a load of nonsense on their best day.

Can't see Xavi arriving until the current board is gone.

If this board pays him many money, he will come.

At least he will be respected by players and could unite the whole team for UCL (look at Chelsea 2012, RM 2016).

FinBarcelonafan

At least he will be respected by players and could unite the whole team for UCL (look at Chelsea 2012, RM 2016).

Those teams had grit. This team has zero.

I have accepted the faith for this season. No trophies IMO yet somehow I keep hoping Real messes up, but yeah, I guess we always want to see something impossible.

fergus90

I'd be very surprised. He has said numerous times he wants full control of the sporting project and ideally after elections. I think he's fully aligned with Victor Font and would also be very surprised if he took over with such a small turnaround before the new league campaign starts.

vegitot

It seems that Xavi renew his contract with Al Saad till the end of 2020-2021 season.

Guess Pimienta will be the last bet if Setien is gone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
exactly!

Mourinho is the ONLY manager in world football capable of breaking up club de amigos.

What is it with you guys and your obsession with Mourinho? Are you unaware of his past? Mourinho prefers older, experienced players over younger ones.

Not even a long time ago he said Rakitic was one of the best midfielders in the World.

serghei

What is it with you guys and your obsession with Mourinho? Are you unaware of his past? Mourinho prefers older, experienced players over younger ones.

Not even a long time ago he said Rakitic was one of the best midfielders in the World.

Van Gaal would be the best. Talk about a dictator :lol:. This guy will make the veterans want to leave on their own.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Van Gaal would be the best. Talk about a dictator :lol:. This guy will make the veterans want to leave on their own.

If the plan to get rid of the veterans is to make Barcelona a 6th place team then sure go and get van Gaal or Mourinho lol.

The best way is a competent management and for that we might have to wait a year, and even then who knows what will happen given Rosell has already started questioning Victor Font and everyone else so he can promote the candidate he will endorse, Jordi Roche.

khaled_a_d

Say what you want about LVG, he will make life easier -like way easier- for next manager.
No one has an eye for talents in the academy like him, may be ever

But yeah, the cost of that is a serious chance of missing CL

Home of Barca Fans