Quique Setien

Barcilliant

People have to remember that with all the injuries his is the worst Barca I've seen since first Rijkaard season.
If Setien had a fitter, younger team we'd look alot better.
Wingers - we don't have any proper ones.
Striker number 9-again missing.
Creative midfielder - zero. Messi has to drop deep too often.
Reliable CBS - again zero. The teams weakest area by far imo. Not reliable in any sense and lacking a leader.

With all these short comings Setien is doing a decent job.

I still believe Napoli and Real will beat us though.

malvolio

Still trying to find excuses for this bum?! Setien is a mediocre grandpa who never proved anything his whole career. The guy is just a fraud who thinks he plays like Cruyff.

All this bullshit about the squad and injuries while we started the game with the gala 11 minus Suarez. Still sloppy play, still barely producing goals, still shaky as fuck and trembling for every match.

Just get a decent, proven coach and start rebuilding.

Rory

Griezmann had an open goal and blasted over, Messi had a clear chance should have scored. Griezmann had another 2 good chances. We're creating chances far more than we used to. Just not finishing for some reason.

malvolio

Griezmann had an open goal and blasted over, Messi had a clear chance should have scored. Griezmann had another 2 good chances. We're creating chances far more than we used to. Just not finishing for some reason.

It's the same story with each game we play under this fraud of a manager. Attack doesn't score, defense makes mistakes, midfield barely pulls its weight. All this while some people in here see progress and positive play. We barely scrap through games against mediocre teams FFS!

it's like as if the guy took over when we were outside CL places and out of the cup.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Still trying to find excuses for this bum?! Setien is a mediocre grandpa who never proved anything his whole career. The guy is just a fraud who thinks he plays like Cruyff.

All this bullshit about the squad and injuries while we started the game with the gala 11 minus Suarez.

Gala 11? He's playing with an out of form Messi, 17 year old kid Fati, Umtiti who has one functioning knee, and will probably play without Alba in the next few matches.

Valverde had Messi and Suarez bailing him out every match. If anything, only defense was strong under EV but that was due to an excellent season by both Pique-Lenglet combo.

GTFO with these crazy hot takes. At least EV had 2.5 seasons to show his worth. Setien isn't here for even two months ffs...

M3ls

We do not create many chances. But I don't want to blame Kike.

We must admit that we do not have players for the effective use of 4 - 3 - 3.

The idiotic planning left this team without a single elite winger.

M3ls

These idiots entered the season with Dembele, although the likelihood that he would be injured again was very high.

malvolio

Gala 11? He's playing with an out of form Messi, 17 year old kid Fati, Umtiti who has one functioning knee, and will probably play without Alba in the next few matches.

Aside from Suarez, we were fielding our best 11 AKA the gala 11. Alba got injured during the match. Or suddenly we are playing shit because our left-back gets injured?!

Valverde had Messi and Suarez bailing him out every match. If anything, only defense was strong under EV but that was due to an excellent season by both Pique-Lenglet combo.

I don't really give a shit about Valverde. Just want a competent manager. You are saying Valverde just got lucky. Well let's get a lucky manager then. As Setien is clearly cursed, no?!

GTFO with these crazy hot takes. At least EV had 2.5 seasons to show his worth. Setien isn't here for even two months ffs...

So? Should we just scrape through match after match with Setien just to see if he comes good, which he never really proved at any club he managed?! FFS we employ a bum, a loser, and suddenly we have to give him the benefit of the doubt?!

If you want to really compare Setien to Valverde: 1. EV had a better CV when he took over Barcelona. 2. EV had one of the best starts in history with Barcelona when he took over. Doesn't makes him a great manager, but since you wanted to compare.. i obliged.

Richard.H

Aside from Suarez, we were fielding our best 11 AKA the gala 11. Alba got injured during the match. Or suddenly we are playing shit because our left-back gets injured?!

I don't really give a shit about Valverde. Just want a competent manager. You are saying Valverde just got lucky. Well let's get a lucky manager then. As Setien is clearly cursed, no?!

So? Should we just scrape through match after match with Setien just to see if he comes good, which he never really proved at any club he managed?! FFS we employ a bum, a loser, and suddenly we have to give him the benefit of the doubt?!

If you want to really compare Setien to Valverde: 1. EV had a better CV when he took over Barcelona. 2. EV had one of the best starts in history with Barcelona when he took over. Doesn't makes him a great manager, but since you wanted to compare.. i obliged.

1. Our gala 11 is TS ------ Alba -Pique-Lenglet-Roberto -- FDJ -- Busquets - Arthur ------- Griezz - Suarez -Messi
2. Who do you want that's competent that you can bring mid season? You really think Poch/Allegri/any other available CL coach would accept working under this incompetent front office? Most likely no. Setien is probably the only one from the lot that said yes.
3. EV was winning every match in that 17/18 with a one goal margin and a clean sheet due to Umtiti and TS having career years. We had strong players coming off the bench that bailed us out in a lot of matches (Paulinho, in form Dembele, to name a few). Who can Setien bring in from the bench to suddenly change a match?

Altomonte

We are able to play 60 good minutes but get tired afterwards. But we are already running better than during EV period.
Messi was close to scoring today, good header, improved freekick and a curler that almost hit the crossbar. Next time they will go in. It was scary how the Getafe players attacked him - still he won most encounters. Too many fouls by Getafe, referee should have given more yellow cards.
All in all, a good win with very good play in first half, but nailbiting towards the end.
Busquets is the most creative midfielder, maybe he should switch position with FDJ?
Griezmann needs to practice his right foot.

Last edited:

malvolio

1. Our gala 11 is TS ------ Alba -Pique-Lenglet-Roberto -- FDJ -- Busquets - Arthur ------- Griezz - Suarez -Messi
2. Who do you want that's competent that you can bring mid season? You really think Poch/Allegri/any other available CL coach would accept working under this incompetent front office? Most likely no. Setien is probably the only one from the lot that said yes.
3. EV was winning every match in that 17/18 with a one goal margin and a clean sheet due to Umtiti and TS having career years. We had strong players coming off the bench that bailed us out in a lot of matches (Paulinho, in form Dembele, to name a few). Who can Setien bring in from the bench to suddenly change a match?

1. Lenglet was never bought to be a starter. And considering Lenglet's form, it's clear Umtiti gets the nod. It's just like I've said - gala 11 without Suarez.

2. Well Setien was only the 4-5 option after anyone else refused the job. I'm just stating what I see - a mediocre manager who got lucky to be in a job like this. Others see him like the Messiah and the man to shape our future, even praising sloppy displays as if we were a Europa League team who is trying to get back to former glory.

3. Not really one goal margin every match... - https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=spain_2018&stats=3-fc-barcelona.

Kul_z

1. Lenglet was never bought to be a starter. And considering Lenglet's form, it's clear Umtiti gets the nod. It's just like I've said - gala 11 without Suarez.

2. Well Setien was only the 4-5 option after anyone else refused the job. I'm just stating what I see - a mediocre manager who got lucky to be in a job like this. Others see him like the Messiah and the man to shape our future, even praising sloppy displays as if we were a Europa League team who is trying to get back to former glory.

3. Not really one goal margin every match... - https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=spain_2018&stats=3-fc-barcelona.

He lost against levante in what could be la liga without defeat. That was the second sign what a loser we have at command

Home of Barca Fans