Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300
Results 4,486 to 4,495 of 4495

Thread: Quique Setien

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    In a 3-5-2 you basically sacrifice an offensive player for a CB. A 4-3-3 can easily transition into a back 3 with the DM dropping down.
    Difference is 352 frees your fullbacks.
    If applied correctly,you give FB more offensive duties without sacrificing defense.
    Setien is very invested in making fullbacks more offensive which leaves us vulnerable on counter attacks, so I can understand why he is interested in that method.
    Although I am not fan of it as a gameplan.

Valverde Cultist
    Not thus still is 3 at the back crap.

Pep couldn't make it work with world class players.

What's thus bum Setien gonna do

Fullbacks aren't good enough for that imo. We all know how clueless Semedo often looks attacking, probably partly because he doesn't have a RW to play with. Alba is very one dimensional and generally doesn't profit from playing higher up since running up with speed to then pass back to Messi is his only move anyway.

So Roberto-Firpo? Roberto-Alba? Forcing Ansu there? With like Semedo-Pique-Lenglet behind and no backup besides Araujo for all of them? Doesn't look promising to me.

Generally i think these setups often look better on paper than they are in practice. I get the 3 at the back as a way to somehow solve the issue of not having a RW anyway because Messi just walks around at #10 area no matter where he is on paper but i don't see it working out regardless.

The main problems of the team don't come down to the formation used anyway. If there is a painful lack of intensity, movement, speed and sometimes even technical skills among the players then no change of formation will fix it.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; 4th August 2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post
    Fullbacks aren't good enough for that imo. We all know how clueless Semedo often looks attacking, probably partly because he doesn't have a RW to play with. Alba is very one dimensional and generally doesn't profit from playing higher up since running up with speed to then pass back to Messi is his only move anyway.

So Roberto-Firpo? Roberto-Alba? Forcing Ansu there? With like Semedo-Pique-Lenglet behind and no backup besides Araujo for all of them? Doesn't look promising to me.

Generally i think these setups often look better on paper than they are in practice. I get the 3 at the back as a way to somehow solf the issue of not having a RW anyway because Messi just walks around at #10 area no matter where he is on paper but i don't see it working out regardless.

The main problems of the team don't come down to the formation used anyway. If there is a painful lack of intensity, movement, speed and sometimes even technical skills among the players then no change of formation will fix it.
    Three at the back is a pipedream. We don't have the legs for it. Even City sometimes struggled with that and they have way faster players than we do.

Get rid of Suarez, Rakitic, Busi and change Pique and Lenglet to someone who can run and defend well one on one situations. Then we can talk again. The roster is rid. Slow.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    I ahve to idea how Belgium operates to be fair. But lets say sport/MD are right and we play with Lenglet-Pique-Semedo at the back and Roberto and Alba as wingbacks.

You either complete the 4 men backline with Alba, and play more or less a standard 4-3-3, or Roberto falls back and you get Semedo in a weird, unnatural CB position. And thats probably my main gripe with 3-5-2 (or 3-4-3), you either have the CBs playing far too wide (good luck with Lenglet and Pique) or the wingbacks drifting inside. Not to mention that Roberto in front of Semedo is kind of terrible (I have read some awful statistics recently). For me it just sounds like an excuse to try to play it safe.

And as Wolfe pointed out, you need certain player types to make it work. We have none of them.

Edit: For me its simple: have some balls and play Puig and/or Fati in a 433. No excuses.
    My English is not good enough to explain it but in this video you can see the way of playing: https://youtu.be/CTRb8LSI71Q

I think that would suit our front 3 a lot since they don?t need to provide with.
    We don't have a De Bruyne type but when they do it with Tielemans (just a passer) it also works.

My problem with all of this is if we were going to play a 3-5-2 why does the papers have to release it so Napoli can train for it?!

It’s like when we always leak our line ups day’s before the match starts. Such a stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincule View Post
    My problem with all of this is if we were going to play a 3-5-2 why does the papers have to release it so Napoli can train for it?!

It?s like when we always leak our line ups day?s before the match starts. Such a stupid thing.
    Some of it are mind games but at this stage the teams should be ready to face whatever formation the opponent plays.

They will defend deep and hit us on the counter so that wont change. But they will know how and when to press and whatever for multiple formations.

New signing

Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Arturo Vidal: "We have trained very little with Setien." [win sports]

LMFAO wonder if the Setien defence squad will assemble faster than Voltron this time.
    Maybe Setien is Valverde in disguise

New signing

Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    He obviously knows where the problem lies. He has a great football brain and has a team of football nerds. Valverde most likely knew it too but couldn't do shit either. Lucho the only on who could convince Messi to stay wide and play as a attacker.

Messi should man up in the CL and play as a attacker. Its just 5 games ffs.

This is why I sometimes look forward to when Messi leaves because only then a true rebuild can be done. Maybe I sound ungrateful but I simply can't understand why Messi has to destroy our structure all the time. Stay on top and let our midfielders who actually are great create.
    Maybe you failed to realize that Messi had peak Suarez and Neymar back then, all of them can pass to each other. Lucho first year started as a disaster before Messi act as a dictator. Barca now don't have the same quality of forwards and still same shit of midfielders

New signing

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Well, it's not that hard to reach semis if you draw easier teams.

Madrid made a CL semis by playing CSKA Moscow and APOEL Nicosia. You could have the worst manager in La Liga, if you get that lucky with draws you're almost certain to reach semis in CL.
    I will bet you're the same people who said that Barca can easily win La Liga, we can't possibly play worst than under Valverde. 😆