Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3850

Thread: Quique Setien

  1. #3841
    Member
    Batistuta9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Where do you think Klopp or Pep would play Messi as he is at moment?

    I dont think they would want to sign him in all honesty.
    Messi never was a great presser even under pep. Difference was, we had a solid well oiled team, that was capable of winning without Messi. He was just the icing on the cake. I know he isn't in his prime anymore but he could definitely still do a similar role at city and LFC. There still isn't a player that has more quality on the ball than messi
    Last edited by Batistuta9; Today at 10:59 PM.

  2. #3842
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    That's the only way. 3 high workrate players behind Messi, Messi + 2 elite forwards.

    Impossible to build that team. Messi would be at his best in a Milan, Kaka version. As Kaka. Feeding balls to 2 world class forwards + to a possible 3rd threat coming from behind like Seedorf.

    Gatusso - Pirlo - Seedorf

    Messi

    Shevchenko - Crespo.
    Again, don't try crazy ideas first. Build a legit proper team before coming into any conclusion.

  3. #3843
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistuta9 View Post
    Messi never was a great presser even under pep. Difference was, we had a solid well oiled to team, that was capable of winning without Messi. He was just the icing on the cake. I know he isn't in his prime anymore but he could definitely still do a similar role at city and LFC. There still isn't a player that has more quality on the ball than messi
    Messi moved off ball more then as he did when Lucho had him RW and Barca were best in world on break.

    Also Xavi and Iniesta took the ball away from teams and allowed game to be more on Barcas hands in Peps time while teams cottoned on a bit to the false nine idea.

    Those players are not there and football has moved on a bit anyway.

    I dont believe Pep or Klopp give up so much of what their teams are about for current Messi and his age.

  4. #3844
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistuta9 View Post
    Messi never was a great presser even under pep. Difference was, we had a solid well oiled team, that was capable of winning without Messi. He was just the icing on the cake. I know he isn't in his prime anymore but he could definitely still do a similar role at city and LFC. There still isn't a player that has more quality on the ball than messi
    Messi covered a lot more km’s pre 2013. With the tactical fluidity needed for peps style, you couldn’t stand around so much
    Laugh , smile or cry

    Jugadorazo till I die

    - catalinutzR80 2014

  5. #3845
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kitzb├╝hel
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Bayern model and Messi model are like oil and water. You either have one or the other. At this point in time, Messi needs the team to be built after him. And for a well functioning side, it is not something to be desired.

    Why would Bayern or Liverpool even want Messi? They have something much better than old Messi.

    see that's a flawed argument because your premise "Messi needs the team to be built after him" is wrong. This team for instance has been sucking the life out of him. If you only have 1 creative player servicing target men who can only finish their dinner plates, why focus the blame on Messi? lol

    We're so predictable, teams just need to surround and try to shut down that NEO dude.




    Put him in any team where there's multiple channels of attack, fast creative players who can rain havoc by themselves yet are able to work as a unit (Think Bulls 2nd 3-peat), interchange positions, triangle plays, quick passes and all, and I guarantee you Messi would get mega-assists, pre-assists and goals stats but more importantly to him, Barca would get the trophies.
    No wonder he's been playing better and looks happier when Puig on Fati are on.

  6. #3846
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    21,651
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Again, don't try crazy ideas first. Build a legit proper team before coming into any conclusion.
    Crazy idea? Only 2 teams were great using a no10 in the last 15 years or so. Madrid with Benzema and Ronaldo as strikers and Isco as the tip of the diamond in 2017. And Milan during Kaka in 2005-2007.

  7. #3847
    Member
    Batistuta9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Messi moved off ball more then as he did when Lucho had him RW and Barca were best in world on break.

    Also Xavi and Iniesta took the ball away from teams and allowed game to be more on Barcas hands in Peps time while teams cottoned on a bit to the false nine idea.

    Those players are not there and football has moved on a bit anyway.

    I dont believe Pep or Klopp give up so much of what their teams are about for current Messi and his age.
    I'm not saying they would give up what they have for Messi, it doesn't make sense to do that for a 33 year old. I'm saying if he was already a part of their squad they would find a way for him to be useful. He has his flaws but his qualities are rare in football.

    I've heard city and LFC fans being driven crazy by Salah and Mahrez. Salah even missed 3 sitters today when they drew 1-1.

    You might lose some work ethic, but you would gain so much more quality

  8. #3848
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Crazy idea? Only 2 teams were great using a no10 in the last 15 years or so. Madrid with Benzema and Ronaldo as strikers and Isco as the tip of the diamond in 2017. And Milan during Kaka in 2005-2007.
    So don't use that. Even Madrid had proper strikers to test that out, yet we have griezmann. And we havent even test out anything else yet to say that thats our only option.
    Last edited by henias; Today at 11:25 PM.

  9. #3849
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    That's the only way. 3 high workrate players behind Messi, Messi + 2 elite forwards.

    Impossible to build that team. Messi would be at his best in a Milan, Kaka version. As Kaka. Feeding balls to 2 world class forwards + to a possible 3rd threat coming from behind like Seedorf.

    Gatusso - Pirlo - Seedorf

    Messi

    Shevchenko - Crespo.
    Of the current squad right now, I think maybe this could work

    Vidal/Bob, DJ, Puig---Messi---Griezmann, Fati

    Not saying that this will win the CL or anything, but I think this could be the best team that we could field with our current personnel.

    Much better than the team that we saw today in the 2nd half.

  10. #3850
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kitzb├╝hel
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    That's the reason why I've wanted Barca to sign Camavinga. Him along with de Jong would be so good.

    Dynamic Duo this one!

    That would make for riveting football. But Rennes is adamant on keeping him till at least 2022. The Pinault family, the owners adore him so does Julien Stephan. L'Equipe even cited Olivier Letang's negociations with Real Madrid being the reason for his firing...