Quique Setien

snowy

Sadly i don't know spanish. Can any anyone give a quik summary of what they are saying? Just looking at the photos, this can be a big deal or nothing big at all.

They're basically saying Leo not just gave Sarabria the cold shoulder, he also gave him the hoof and kicked him in the balls while he was left planted there growing roots :juggle:

Instead of wearing of his ninja mask, he shoulda worn the

15CBTYCSMMGRNPRTCTHR_is
Jock Doc :stretcher:

Setien does look at a loss there. Went from tending cows to trying to tame bucking broncos whaaaaaaaaaaaa :scared:

khaled_a_d

I agree with Patroh here

People have been really putting too much speculation on the amigos thing tbh, and have been too harsh on players who gave the club everything for too long.

I highly doubt if the club has signed the right players that we would have been in such situation. The amigos thing was created due to board in competence in retooling the team, not because players are acting like a gang preventing new players to take their place.

The veterans care about winning and need to be convinced that the coach's methods will lead to that.

I think it's too simple to assume that the veterans enjoy losing while being comfortable.

That is very true

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The Amigos problem is that they're delusional and believe they are still the best in the World in their respective positions and can win everything with the way they're playing right now.

I have no doubt that the likes of Pique, Busquets, Alba will fail to realize when they have to move on like other local legends before them and will have to get pushed out of the club, which is unfortunate.

Neymessi

The Amigos problem is that they're delusional and believe they are still the best in the World in their respective positions and can win everything with the way they're playing right now.

I have no doubt that the likes of Pique, Busquets, Alba will fail to realize when they have to move on like other local legends before them and will have to get pushed out of the club, which is unfortunate.

I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. They'll leave themselves, but they'll leave way later than they should.

serghei

The problem is they have created a clan who is acting against rebuilding this team.

It's similar to Madrid's Galactico era, where some of the stars who got older started to control the team until they were kicked out.

khaled_a_d

I have no doubt that the likes of Pique, Busquets, Alba will fail to realize when they have to move on like other local legends before them

Other local legends? who?

Xavi was well past his prime during 2011/2012 season, was even worse during next season, far worse in 13/14 season, still tried to keep his starting place in 2014/15 season before Rakitic taking his place, only then he moved out.

Puyol? He is symbol of over staying, guy stayed here until he crippled his health. Only retired when he found he was risking having permanent consequences on his leg if he continued playing.

Mascherano? He is surely not local, but he stayed till he became 4th option with Umtiti taking his place and Vermaelen playing over him.

Iniesta? he was 2 years past his prime. Coutinho surely looked like taking his starting spot so he left.

Youngest of the so called local left at the age of 34, our oldest player is 33.

This is a pure myth, past player had to be shown the door and replaced.

Difference is, those players were minority, there wasn't many players their age, there were many elite players younger who could carry them and camouflage their flaws. They had prime Pique/Busquets/Messi etc to carry the team.

Now? we have 7 players over 30, all same age at same time. Players who are under 30 aren't among top players.

Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele are flops. Semedo,Lenglet, Robero are solid starters at best.

You think if Arthur/FDJ/Coutinho formed elite trio, our old midfielders would be staying here? May be Rakitic due to his wife but that's it.

Pique is still our best CB, Alba is still our best fullback, Suarez and Messi are still our best attackers.

Until this change, you can't blame the players.

DonAK

I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. They'll leave themselves, but they'll leave way later than they should.

Right now I don't see it, but perhaps a few more humiliations this season and the next season will make them realize that their time and ways are in the past :shrug:

The problem is they have created a clan who is acting against rebuilding this team.

It's similar to Madrid's Galactico era, where some of the stars who got older started to control the team until they were kicked out.

Yep. I mean we could probably start rebuilding and signing younger players who are good enough to play over some of them, but their influence in the dressing room is way too strong. The likes of Suarez hates being benched. Rakitic keep mouthing off to the press all the time about them taking the ball way from him. Pique keep crying on Twitter 24/7 and acts the farthest away from a leader on the pitch as you can be....

In the end if a manager even tries benching some of them they'll make it a hell for him and make their way back to the starting lineup. Busquets and Pique are still good enough to contribute, especially Pique.

Suarez while mostly shit still contributes with goals, but despite all that they're a net negative and for a proper rebuild they need to be away from the team.

Other local legends? who?

You really think the likes of Suarez will ever let someone like Haaland if signed establish themselves? Never going to happen.

DonAK

The only player I'd allow decide his own future is Messi because he is Messi.

The rest of the clique need to be replaced by 2021/2022 step by step starting with this summer if possible.

serghei

This shit can only be fixed by a board with an actual plan for a new Barcelona and a manager with balls. Then we'll see which veterans will comply with the new order of things, and which have to be cut from the team going forward.

Were 1-2 years away form that. Next season we'll probably have a puppet manager like never before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Each and every team has senior players.
If the team consists players around 20, then the remaining "old" 23 years old becomes the "senior".
There is always a sort of hierarchy in the locker room and you can't avoid that.

Nonetheless, as I have already mentioned that in this forum, football is NOT military service, it is a creative GAME, where the admirals do have the authority, but RESPECT is not part of it.
Respect needs to be earned and cannot be forced upon any player.
If Setien or Sarabia weren't able to earn that, it's their fault and problem, the players are human with strong egos and relati8vely childish considerations in the bag. Either the coach is able to handle that or he is not capable.

There is no worse football team than an artificially disciplined one, scared to express their true feelings...

It is not a game of semantics and it is not about the definition of "senior players". If you want me to name names then here it is: Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquets, Alba...

Childish considerations? Since when has common decency and respect become childish considerations?

If Messi & Co. think they have earned everything to not treat the manager and the assistant coaches with some basic respect then they should get the hell out of here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The veterans care about winning and need to be convinced that the coach's methods will lead to that.

I think it's too simple to assume that the veterans enjoy losing while being comfortable.

Well, the club is not centered around the veteran players, they are paid employees (paid handsomely) so they should at least try to listen to the manager and his assistants instead of openly dismissing them.

Even if the veteran players didn't believe the manager has what it takes to win, they should speak privately to the manager or convey their concerns to the sporting director or even Bartomeu. Openly ignoring and ridiculing the manager and his assistant is not the way to do it. Last time Messi complained about Abidal talking to the media, now he and his buddy Suarez put on this show for the whole to see. Hmmm.

These veteran players are so spoiled.

Andrew M

Why can't Sarabia speak to the players? Does Messi feel Sarabia is below his level to talk to him?

Ultimately if Sarabia can't get through to or be accepted by Messi that is Sarabia's problem. We know who is more important to us.

Messi's performances over the years have been remarkable so I'm not going to doubt him now because he doesn't like some assistant

Home of Barca Fans