Quique Setien

vegitot

Even pochettino will get bitched around by Messi, Suarez and pique. The problem is not the fukin manager! Open your eyes Barca forum!

So not using subs is players fault?

Using Vidal and Roberto to provide no width is also players fault?

Worst coach in history of club. Lmao let Puig warm up for 40 minutes.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's kind of uncanny how Barca have used this first time underdog status and quotes from Bayern in a twisted way to become arrogant themselves. I saw like 2 or 3 headlines about Bayern's cockiness and Mattheus quotes, but go to Barca twitter and you'll see like 5 headlines every single day for the past week from the Barca end.

"Barca clings to Messi's magic", "Barca looks ahead towards the semifinals", "Let's bet on Leo" are quotes from these kinds of headlines. As well as reports of the players being offended that Bayern would take them so lightly (the players have the arrogance thinking they are superior in the first place). These guys actually have gone so overboard with the underdog mentality that they've twisted it to their own arrogance.

I have a feeling that the media/city/team believe that this is just some "We have Messi and 1% chance 99% faith hurr durr" horseshit and are counting so hard on Bayern playing lackadaisical that they think we can easily pull this off.

It is a massive uphill battle. Bayern haven't lost a game this entire year, they just hammered Chelsea badly. I see the players going out there with this weird undeserved over-confidence and then just getting shook when they see Bayern is an actual machine that backs up what they claim and that spewing shit about how Messi will drag us to the semifinals can't mean anything in the end. He's great but he is not gonna be solo-ing a hattrick to save our asses.

Said this before the game. They actually managed to buy so much into their hype as underdogs that they fell into a comfort thinking they could pull this off because of Messi.

It's absurd how surprisingly confident I saw the media/Barca twitter/players acting. Like they were so sure Bayern was gonna underestimate them at their own peril because we have Messi. Bayern were arrogant in a way that they feel confident, assured, and prepared. FC Barcelona is the true face of arrogance though because we are arrogant in the way that we think we are SUPERIOR. Like others are just beneath our pedigree. It's a foul stench.

Honestly, today made me feel nothing. Other than pure comical humor. Liverpool is the last time I was actually hurt by Barca's failures. The team was already dead then, this is just pissing on a grave. Setien actually somehow thought that playing negative, conservative football was the key. In retrospect and in the grand scheme, we actually bought Griezmann for 120m just to bench him in the CL for Roberto. We actually still play as if Busquets is #1 CDM in the world, which truly he never was, his limitations were always masked brilliantly by our team in Pep era and 2015. Always a niche player with huge flaws.

This team didn't have a chance, and I was sure of it. Setien is an idiot and has 0 power whatsoever, the players are all at their worst. I really predicted an escalation from Liverpool. I was thinking 5-1 or 5-0 manita. But never could I even imagine 8-2 lmfao, what really is 8-1 because of the own goal.

Barca is dead. But more importantly, it HAS been dead. You should've known. People should have EXPECTED a dead team to roll over because that's what the case was and you guys should know it by now. Absolutely atrocious the whole season, Setien or Valverde. There is no way this core and this group of players was gonna be anything except for broken, after Anfield.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Said this before the game. They actually managed to buy so much into their hype as underdogs that they fell into a comfort thinking they could pull this off because of Messi.

It's absurd how surprisingly confident I saw the media/Barca twitter/players acting. Like they were so sure Bayern was gonna underestimate them at their own peril because we have Messi. Bayern were arrogant in a way that they feel confident, assured, and prepared. FC Barcelona is the true face of arrogance though because we are arrogant in the way that we think we are SUPERIOR. Like others are just beneath our pedigree. It's a foul stench.

Honestly, today made me feel nothing. Other than pure comical humor. Liverpool is the last time I was actually hurt by Barca's failures. The team was already dead then, this is just pissing on a grave. Setien actually somehow thought that playing negative, conservative football was the key. In retrospect and in the grand scheme, we actually bought Griezmann for 120m just to bench him in the CL for Roberto. We actually still play as if Busquets is #1 CDM in the world, which truly he never was, his limitations were always masked brilliantly by our team in Pep era and 2015. Always a niche player with huge flaws.

This team didn't have a chance, and I was sure of it. Setien is an idiot and has 0 power whatsoever, the players are all at their worst. I really predicted an escalation from Liverpool. I was thinking 5-1 or 5-0 manita. But never could I even imagine 8-2 lmfao, what really is 8-1 because of the own goal.

Barca is dead. But more importantly, it HAS been dead. You should've known. People should have EXPECTED a dead team to roll over because that's what the case was and you guys should know it by now. Absolutely atrocious the whole season, Setien or Valverde. There is no way this core and this group of players was gonna be anything except for broken, after Anfield.

Bayern players were right to be Arrogant/Confident against this bunch of entitled amigos.

This team has been shitted on in Europe for three years running, it's not a surprise that Bayern players didn't take them seriously.

Atalanta would have been a much tougher test for them.

What's worse is that players like Suarez, Busi and Raki still think they're at elite level.

Deluded.

FCBfan22

Let me put it this way.

A new manager + board duo will impose a new order of things. From the top. Non-negotiable saint rules. Certain standards of fitness, training intensity, in game tactics, pressing, work-rate, closing down opponents, blocking passing channels, doing runs off the ball. The standards City, Liverpool, Bayern currently operate at. Or even lower level teams like Leipzig, Dortmund.

These things are tough to do on a week to week basis. We won't actually fire veterans per se. They will retire out of being unable to cope with the requirements of playing for a club aspiring to be the best in terms of fitness, athleticism, professionalism. They will exclude themselves, and will fall behind like the past it and the old usually do.

But if the veterans acquire the possibility and the means to influence these things, and slowly drop the standards they have to comply and thrive to get to weekly, then they could hang around for more, eating at the club and earning tens of millions. Basically becoming some sort of parasites. Until they get schooled, like the slackers and unprepared do, because the standards you go for are much lower than the standards the competitors have to reach. These things show. They always do somehow. They showed under Valverde too, Roma, Liverpool back to back humiliations are proof.

This is what happened to this club. Playing for this club in terms of professionalism, fitness, athleticism, tactical compliance with the instructions, has gotten waaaaaay to easy.

Nailed it.

MTL_Barca

So not using subs is players fault?

Using Vidal and Roberto to provide no width is also players fault?

Worst coach in history of club. Lmao let Puig warm up for 40 minutes.

That's just what happenens when you hire weak doormat managers that let the veterans walk over them. Valverde would've probably chosen the very same lineup, honestly it's scary how similar it is to the last two humiliations, it's like nobody at the club learned a damn thing :lol:

Setien is either a pussy or an idiot or both for playing that lineup but honestly having Puig or Ansu on there wouldn't have made a difference when the whole team lacks speed, stamina and mentality.

BBZ8800

This team has been shitted on in Europe for three years running

I don't get this part.
Why do you people say THREE years?
As if it started in Rome?

We literally lost
4:0 to Psg
And 3:0 to Juve in a season before that.

Or 2:0 to AM in 2016.

The reality is not: we play bad for 3 years.
But:
1) we play bad for 4 years
2) we play bad for 5 years
3) we play bad since 2011

As if you are forgetting that a mighty MSN with Iniesta and Busi lost 4:0 in Paris against Rabiot in midfield.
And barely created a shot against Juve.
A year before that, we barely created a chance against AM.

We are watching exactly the same match for at least 5 years.

Except that we are conceding more and more: 2, 3, 4, now 8.

This team with Messi, Suarez, Busi, Ter Clown could concede 10 or 12 in the next year against Bayern or Liverpool.

fergus90

Because 4-0 PSG and Juventus were both in 2017, which if my maths isn't playing tricks on me, was 3 years ago.

Losing 2-0 to AM at the Vicente Calderon is not blowing a 4-1 aggregate lead against an average Roma side, or going to Anfield and getting shafted whilst the opposition are missing 2 of their 3 best attacking players. The PSG 4-0 as bad as it was, obviously was redeemed by the club in the historic comeback.
From Feb 2017 to present day we've reached new levels of regular European beatings, where we have shown absolutely zero fight or desire.

Marshall D Teach

Yup. I knew we were going to get hammered and I honestly didn't give a fuck. I actually thought the scoreline would be in the double digits. And it could have been, honestly.

This club is a meme.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

incredible what a difference a manager can make to a team

Flick has same players kovac had yet bayern are on a different level.

i just checked Flick's wikipedia and discovered he was assistant manager for germany from 2006-2014. explains a lot

Raketa10

De Jong summarized the problem in one sentence. It's clear we are physically on the level of a third tier team. It's embarrassing to watch how some players are half dead after 20 minutes. Therefore, I hope that our next coach will raise the level of physical preparation. Without good stamina no team in the world can compete against any half serious opponent.

De Jong: "I don't think it's to do with talent, I think it's to do with intensity and hard work."

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans