Quique Setien

Messigician

We do have the players to go toe to toe with Bayern.

Suarez Messi
Alba Puiq FDJ Roberto Semedo
Lenglet Pique Araujo
Mats

Now that's an energetic midfield that can press.

serghei

Yeah but you are not meaning all attack or something, you mean we build a balanced team which could be OK in attack but stronger in defense. I think that's important. I would only choose players who can work under pressure. Rakitic is a big no no. I think starting midfield like Busi-Vidal-DeJong-puig could be the best option. They will help us not let in 3-4 goals WHICh crucial! If Messi and Suarez can score two,we have a chance. I think that's important.

We don't have the legs to play up tempo game for ninety minutes like City and Bayern. We have to slow down the game at some point. Sadly. I think it's a fact.

I agree, parking bus is not an option with this team. We don't have good defense and our offense lacks speed and quickness to make any counter attacks. We can't sit deep and build the game.

I would go 4-4-2 and drop Suarez.

ItachiXXX

We will beat Bayern i bet on it. But it doesn't change anything about Setien he is still shit regardless of Barca win the UCL

khaled_a_d

I am going to be a minority here (surprise, I know) but I prefer S.Roberto over Puig.
Obviously Roberto isn't exactly a better midfielder, and I would have hoped for a solution that takes Busquets out of starting line up but it won't happen, same with front 3.
So the 3rd midfielder is between Raki/Puig/Roberto.
I think for a game that we are underdog I prefer Roberto in it. I think Raki/Vidal/Puig all can be impact subs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am going to be a minority here (surprise, I know) but I prefer S.Roberto over Puig.
Obviously Roberto isn't exactly a better midfielder, and I would have hoped for a solution that takes Busquets out of starting line up but it won't happen, same with front 3.
So the 3rd midfielder is between Raki/Puig/Roberto.
I think for a game that we are underdog I prefer Roberto in it. I think Raki/Vidal/Puig all can be impact subs.

Rakitic impact sub? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we bring on Rakitic as an impact sub in a game that's tied or a game we're down we're 100% going out.

khaled_a_d

Rakitic impact sub? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we bring on Rakitic as an impact sub in a game that's tied or a game we're down we're 100% going out.

Rakitic has done well from the bench most of games. He is at point were his stamina doesn't allow him to be impactful for 90 minutes.
Even yesterday he was actually doing well for around 30 minutes and then gone downfall, same thing happened many games post covid.
He also changed the game against Athletic, but since he isn't 20 all credit went to Puig

serghei

Rakitic is a decent option vs teams you can dominate and will sit back. As soon as a team will apply pressure forward, like Bayern, City, or even Napoli did the other night, Rakitic is the biggest liability in the team.

Rakitic was a bit pressed vs Napoli at some point, that he passed so hard at Ter Stegen in panic that it was actually like a shot by Napoli. Man is scared to death whenever pressed. All sorts of bad things happen with him. Man can't think under pressure, simple as that. It's almost as if he has panic attacks.

You play him vs Bayern, and he'll play like vs Liverpool on Anfield, when he was the worst player on the pitch.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Rakitic is a decent option vs teams you can dominate and will sit back. As soon as a team will apply pressure forward, like Bayern, City, or even Napoli did the other night, Rakitic is the biggest liability in the team.

Rakitic was a bit pressed vs Napoli at some point, that he passed so hard at Ter Stegen in panic that it was actually like a shot by Napoli. Man is scared to death whenever pressed. All sorts of bad things happen with him. Man can't think under pressure, simple as that. It's almost as if he has panic attacks.

You play him vs Bayern, and he'll play like vs Liverpool on Anfield, when he was the worst player on the pitch.

Exactly. Raki is fine vs LaLiga minions who are happy to sit back. Nobody is taking the ball away from him, but it's not going to be case with Bayern.

snowy

one more advantage of having Neo upfront is defenders will panic and foul him. That's a free kick or penalty.

Ansu - Messi - ?
Dej - Puig/Roberto
_ _ _Busquet

Set will probably play Vida at least for one half against Bayern. He knows that team better than anyone in our squad + he never gets intimated in big venues. Just keep Rey Arturo away from the Crown Club

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic has done well from the bench most of games. He is at point were his stamina doesn't allow him to be impactful for 90 minutes.
Even yesterday he was actually doing well for around 30 minutes and then gone downfall, same thing happened many games post covid.
He also changed the game against Athletic, but since he isn't 20 all credit went to Puig

Even you aren't this naive. Rakitic against a great European team whether from start or as a sub is just asking for trouble. How many bad games vs. elite opposition or even very good opposition do you need to watch to realize he stinks?

If you need an impact sub Arturo Vidal or Riqui Puig it is. Rakitic should be one of the last options to bring on.

xXKonan

I'd rather trust Roberto to fill in that workhorse role in the Midfield now over this current version of Rakitic.

Sure he has a number of limitations himself but he at least has the legs and energy needed and his maurading runs he goes on when he gets the chance to.

Home of Barca Fans