Quique Setien

Richard.H

Lol he's the biggest bum of the lot

Pique is the best of the amigos. He is the only one I would keep from the lot (get rid of everyone else including Alba and Busquets). When paired with a decent CB he can be very good. He's actually quite solid with Lenglet. Imagine bringing in someone like Laporte to pair him with.

Messigician

Pique is the best of the amigos. He is the only one I would keep from the lot (get rid of everyone else including Alba and Busquets). When paired with a decent CB he can be very good. He's actually quite solid with Lenglet. Imagine bringing in someone like Laporte to pair him with.

He had Busquets highlighted

M3ls

Setien - "I understand that in a club like this, there are some people who have a special status because of the time they've been at the club or what they've given in the past - and that has impacted my decisions".

Lol. What the hell is this club?

Richard.H

Setien - "I understand that in a club like this, there are some people who have a special status because of the time they've been at the club or what they've given in the past - and that has impacted my decisions".

He's basically saying "club de amigos runs the show and not me"

Givenchy

Retirement home

KingLeo10

Damn, club de amigos could commit murder in broad daylight in Barcelona and Griezmann and Fati would probably be the ones locked up.

:lol::lol:

El Guaje

Wow. This is just incredible.

I wonder what was the point of sacking EV? It has obviously made 0 difference. Its so insane that its not even fun any more. I actually hope we dont win shit and get humiliated once again in the cl, preferably right away by Napoli with another 4-0 loss. This club and the pieces of shit in the board, the coach and most of the players dont deserve any better.

Im probably just being naive but another humiliation must force a few of the seniors out? Right?
And a new coach. I think we will get Xavi. I dont know if he is the right man to coach us yet but atleast he is a legendary player and a club legend, so his status in comparison to Setien and Fraudverde will be through the roof. I jut hope in that case he will have the balls and authority to first and foremlst tell Suarez to f*** off and to get rid of Rakitic, Busquets and Pique.

Tackle

Maybe this is fake?

I haven't seen that exact translation anywhere other than one Twitter account so it may be exaggerated, but MD has a transcript of his press conference and Setien did say some interesting things:

On whether the hierarchy of the dressing room has prevented him from imposing his style : "I understand that in each club there are their leaders and hierarchies. It is something that is won over time. They have not prevented me from anything, they have helped me make decisions and be clear. "

On Griezmann's current role in the team : "I have spoken of hierarchies, but never of being indisputable. Obviously Griezmann is a great player for the club and the team. When Griezmann has played you have asked me about Ansu, and vice versa. Everyone cannot play. I am not impuslive and I take into account the hierarchy and importance of the players, but not everyone will be able to play. It is normal and happens in all teams. It is a decision that I have to make and take responsibility for it".

On the state of Suarez : "I think he is a player who has to be on the field. He has given the club many goals and we have confidence in him. It is true that there are moments that we could give him rest, but it depends on the circumstances."

On whether the rivals have already studied Barca's plan : "There is a part of football that the coaches can control, but another the players. Those who end up deciding are the players. Players like Jordi Alba and Messi who has scored 50 goals. Their success and talent surpass all you can think of. There are many results that are decided by small margins. "

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...482047158475/rueda-prensa-setien-directo.html

Barcilliant

Wow. This is just incredible.

I wonder what was the point of sacking EV? It has obviously made 0 difference. Its so insane that its not even fun any more. I actually hope we dont win shit and get humiliated once again in the cl, preferably right away by Napoli with another 4-0 loss. This club and the pieces of shit in the board, the coach and most of the players dont deserve any better.

Im probably just being naive but another humiliation must force a few of the seniors out? Right?
And a new coach. I think we will get Xavi. I dont know if he is the right man to coach us yet but atleast he is a legendary player and a club legend, so his status in comparison to Setien and Fraudverde will be through the roof. I jut hope in that case he will have the balls and authority to first and foremlst tell Suarez to f*** off and to get rid of Rakitic, Busquets and Pique.

If we get humiliated again in Cl nothing can save the amigos. Suarez, Rakitic and Alba will surely be gone.
If this is true than at least Setien has some balls unlike that eunuch Shitverde.

Home of Barca Fans