Quique Setien

Marshall D Teach

Fire Setien because he has troubled the team with serious trainings? :lol: Yeah, that looks great. Manager fired because he cut off days off and asks the players to train with intensity.

Let's just put up a sign. 'Puppet manager who caters to has been veterans wanted'.

If the seniors don't like not having every other day off, Setien needs to show some backbone and bench their asses.

malvolio

Sport is reporting that dressing room is turning against Setien which I think is very possible. One more loss like this and and there will be complete chaos. What is Barto going to do? Fire Setien and hire who? We already know that no one wants to job and most likely no one will take the job at the end of the season. Everyone knows that Barca is toxic on every level, with uncertainty of upcoming elections and amigos.No self respecting coach will sign up for it.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/vestuario-esceptico-con-metodo-setien-7822805

The rumours might be bullshit, but then again what did he expect?! Grandpa Setien with no achievements to inspire a lockeroom as Barça's?

KingLeo10

Hate to admit it, but no big time manager would come to coach us now or in the summer if they're supposed to bend to the seniors' will.

The players have to bend to the will of a manager. That's how this works. You don't have the soldiers in the ranks, even the good ones, telling the general what to do.

I'm amazed this kind of bullshit is being remotely tolerated and I sympathize with Setien and even EV (he has other flaws) for this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Riordon;2140570[B said:
]When you guys see that team, which players do you believe has the quality to lead us to a CL and who can contribute for the next foreseeable future?[/B] I see only De Jong, Messi and Griezmann being able to do that. To some extend Arthur and maybe Ansu even though I still dont see "it" in Fati.

We have a shitload to do this transfer window. Lets hope we can get 3-4 who can contribute + Pedri and Couto will turn out great.

Whole of that backline needs changing.

Messi + Griezmann is a bad fit too.

The simple answer is: Nope.

That backline is garbage and the team itself need to get rid of certain players who are holding the team back and the club hostage.

mssarm

Fire Setien because he has troubled the team with serious trainings? :lol: Yeah, that looks great. Manager fired because he cut off days off and asks the players to train with intensity.

Let's just put up a sign. 'Puppet manager who caters to has been veterans wanted'.

That's why I'm saying no self-respecting coach will take the job in club of amigos where the players got so lazy and entitled so they revolt against the coach who wants them to work hard. I don't believe this is all because of spineless Valverde, I think that's the tone setup by Barto &CO. Valverde was just the coward without any dignity who played along.

abbbs97

I feel like we should give Setien more time before judging him harshly. Its true we looked bad in the first half but we improved in the 2nd half and even though we lost, I felt more optimistic than when we would've lost with EV. He's clearly trying a completely new system and even he and the players admitted that they need to adapt to it. So at least they're aware that there needs to be improvement. I'd wait till at least Napoli away to properly judge him.

Its the board's fault they didnt fire EV at the end of last season. This mess could've been avoided. Instead, we have an incompetent president in charge.

Andrew M

Hate to admit it, but no big time manager would come to coach us now or in the summer if they're supposed to bend to the seniors' will.

The players have to bend to the will of a manager. That's how this works. You don't have the soldiers in the ranks, even the good ones, telling the general what to do.

I'm amazed this kind of bullshit is being remotely tolerated and I sympathize with Setien and even EV (he has other flaws) for this.

It's down to the board to be strong and endow the manager with authority. But if they don't respect him it's hard which is why Xavi makes sense.

The likes of Pique seem to run the club

abbbs97

Xavi wont coach this team under Bartomeu. Victor Font confirmed in an interview the other day that Xavi will be part of his project and hinted about the possibility of Pep and Puyol. Remember, even Puyol rejected to work under Barto. Long term for Barca this is good. The club wont survive another term with Barto's puppets.

FCBfan22

If there is 0 respect left for the manager, roll in this guy:
2B367B6F00000578-0-image-m-49_1439073980930.jpg

and clear out Club De Amigos. Bring Puyol too and start the rebuild.

I still think the next 2 fixtures will show where we are headed. We recieved the slap we needed. But how will we react...

serghei

Doesn't matter. You are Real Madrid of 2004-2009 remember. Valverde = Schuster and all. Don't expect any different.

Exactly. And we need a Mourinho to clear out the has-beens who drag us down in terms of intensity and dedication.

El Gato

Villarato!
Exactly. And we need a Mourinho to clear out the has-beens who drag us down in terms of intensity and dedication.

You don't need Mourinho. You need somebody who would provide institutional support for a guy like Mourinho. You can bring in Conte or Koeman in the next year and it won't make any difference until the board changes.

serghei

You don't need Mourinho. You need somebody who would provide institutional support for a guy like Mourinho. You can bring in Conte or Koeman in the next year and it won't make any difference until the board changes.

That too. But institutional support for a coward manager is useless too. You need a board to support big uncomfortable changes, but also a manager who knows what he is doing and has bravery to implement those changes. Madrid reached a point in 2010 that allowed them to get both. Florentino in charge, whos a great great president, and backing for a ruthless manager to get the team back to winning ways in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans