Quique Setien

bismp

The way this whole training thing is going,we are either winning the treble or Setien will be gone in a week :lol: :lol: :lol:

serghei

The way this whole training thing is going,we are either winning the treble or Setien will be gone in a week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, we're joking. It's normal to do more training sessions to know the players, considering he doesn't have any time to settle in basically. Games start to pile up soon.

I think it's mainly tactical sessions and exercises with the ball. He has short time to make the adjustments he sees fit.

devo901

BET IS FANS FELT THE SAME WAY ABOUT THIS GUY THAT WE FELT ABOUT VALVERDE.

So you are saying - history continues, because Setien is another Valverde .... ?

We will see, but I see ...
- the press conference, clearly better impression, a bit less blabla than EV,
- the first training, new direction, emphasis on hard work
- the way his old teams played: tactically, with more umpf
- from EV we never heard things like "old guys have to work hard to earn their ticket in the team"

so 2 days in, I feel that there is something changing, at least he tries some new things... while EV in his 3rd season did not. EV first season was also good .... maybe we should only have him for 1 season...

Plus, judging that a trainer is bad because some fans are mad because of him when he was fired, is wrong in 2 ways to me.
1. Everytime someone is fired someone is unhappy that is the nature of the beak-up, every1 gets fired at some point.
2. Among every fan-base you will find a variaty of opionions what should happen... this is not the best measurement. As if his board here, had one voice ;-)

Last edited:

KingLeo10

4D Chess Move by a ranked Chess player in Setien.

11am training session to review tactics to ensure the players(Dembele) wake up early and are fresh for Game Day.

I thought you were joking but I saw that he's almost got a 2100 FIDE rating.

That's absurdly good for a non professional.

KingLeo10

I see that BBZ8800 and Tackle all of a sudden have turned into UNICEF directors with all this talk about player welfare and happiness.

SeloBarca

Ive played football at a fairly high level.
The training sessions so far have been at a quite moderate level of intensity.
A professional footballer should be able to handle two sessions per day at this pace easily.
Most of us work feckin 8+ hours a day and its way more demanding than any training session ive ever done except maybe preseason.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I thought you were joking but I saw that he's almost got a 2100 FIDE rating.

That's absurdly good for a non professional.

In one his interviews.

"Setien says one of his highlights as a chess player was his participation in simultaneous exhibitions against chess legends Garry Kasparov and Anatoly Karpov."

JohnN

Player happiness above all..
What some EV defenders are pretending to not understand, is that most fans are more happy about EV getting sacked than about Setien taking over.
Also, those same people who are happy EV left, will criticise Setien if things don't get better in the following months and won't defend him to death for no reason. And why would they? To defend players line Rakitic who offer nothing to this team? Fuck that. We all know our player's defeciencies and attributes. And we all knew that EV was done a long time ago. As I said before, it's not even about the tactics. The team's cojones died in anfield and they would never grow back with EV here.

devo901

"was his participation in simultaneous exhibitions against"

wow.... usually 2100 ELO is darn good, ..... sounds like he played against these 2 legends!

Maybe (!) flipside of this coin, why Setien had trouble with former boards, he is very logic rational oriented, .... hope he is approachable... because this is what EV was... like many shy guys he was fostering harmony....

Home of Barca Fans