Quique Setien

FC433

^
real, unfortunately. I believe that we (supporters) deserve a little bit of respect. As if 8-2 was not enough. I respect and appreciate what Valverde did despite what we have done to him. He did not even ask for the remaining of his contract!

Left gracefully, I will always remember that.

Messigician

Valverde sacked after being top of the league, won 4 major trophies, already, top of the group stage.

Leaves gracefully and gave up payment of his final year.

J said it from the very beginning do not put Valverde and Setien in the same category of managers.

Porque

Time for the weekly "What about Setien" review. Came with big ideas, big words and promises. Looked like he was kicking the team into his ways initially until they went against him.

Well, I was with Setien initially but look back at his starting lineups. You gotta be cray-cray to come midway through the season and play this as your first ever lineup.

First Game - Home to Granada (1-0 Win)

----- Messi ------
Griezmann -------- Fati
--- Vidal ---- Rakitic-----
------- Busi -----------
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Roberto
---- Stegen

Third Game - Away to Valencia (2-0 Loss)

------ Messi --- Griezmann -------
Alba ------------------------ Fati
--------Busi ----- Arthur ----------
------- F de Jong --------
---Umititi -- Pique -- Roberto ---
---- Stegen ------

tenor.gif

El Gato

Villarato!
Messi is difficult to manage -former Barcelona coach Setien

https://en.as.com/en/2020/11/01/football/1604218676_970981.html

"I think Messi is the best of all time," Setien said. "There have been other great players who have been great, but the continuity that this boy has had throughout the years has not been had by anyone. Leo is difficult to manage. Who am I to change him! If they have accepted him as he is for years and have not changed him. There's another facet beyond just the player and it's more difficult to manage. Much more difficult. It's something inherent in many athletes that can be seen in the Michael Jordan documentary ['The Last Dance']. You see things you don't expect. He's very reserved but he makes you see the things that he wants. He doesn't talk much."

Setien, who has announced he will be taking legal action over the handling of his dismissal at Barcelona, added: "After leaving what I am clear on is that at certain times should have made other decisions, but there's something above you: the club. And it is above the president, the player, the coach. It's the club and the fans. They are the ones to whom you owe the greatest respect, and you have to do what is most convenient for the club as a whole."

https://en.as.com/en/2020/11/02/football/1604333288_204680.html

Lol.

Where's serghei to take his L?

Birdy

Totally accidental that the report about the supposed dialogue between Setien and Messi involving the quote about the door comes out one day after Setien's interview and his digs on Mesii...

By the way, Setien is the guy who apologised on behalf of his assistant and could not bench any senior in the squad.

serghei

He came out looking like a clown with no spine. He should have been smarter. It was obvious he was a very short term approach and should have used that short term to make any decision he thought it has to be done. Go balls out.

He basically behaved like a puppet without any incentive to do so. Being a short term, the last-ditch solution should have given him some advantages to be braver, but he failed.

He declined his power and his attribution, like others before him when facing Messi and the Amigos. If things are as bad as you say with the behavior in the team, and there are players who cause problems, fucking bench them with all risk. You have nothing to lose.

He came to the club with totally the wrong mentality and is now complaining that he was dicked around by the dictators in the team, saying he couldn't be true to himself. Come the fuck on, what are you, a chair or something? :lol:

I'm sorry Sarabia wasn't the manager and Setien his assistant.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans