Quique Setien

serghei

If we can get three veterans in each line: messi, busquets and pique playing near their best surrounded with younger quality players, setien could do wonders. We'll see the next game what he is about. Not hyping nor anything, just looking forward to the next games

Don't think we'll see much improvement for a few weeks at least. In the next game we won't be able to play either Arthur or De Jong, both of which will probably be key players in his midfield.

bismp

Don't think we'll see much improvement for a few weeks at least. In the next game we won't be able to play either Arthur or De Jong, both of which will probably be key players in his midfield.

On the contrary,I would say that we will probably perform better in the following weeks because of the psychological shock and the relatively easy schedule.

The true changes(for better or worse) will manifest in 1-2 months IMO.

Last edited:

Devils

Our new assistant coach:

[tw]1180933080984510464[/tw]

giphy.gif

Barcilliant

If you say so. No guarantee of anything with him still in the team and Setien possibly never having to coach him.

Nicely avoiding issue of the midfield. Again, not so straightforward, we'll see.
E: Didn't see the edit

Vidal was getting crocked with increasing frequency the older he got. He came here on retirement/supplementary basis, not to be a pressing strong player with the best stamina. If it's anyone that's fit as a fiddle and won't fall apart, it's Rakitić. But you all hate him and he's kinda garbage under pressure so Setien might not use him. Which leaves you with Busquets at DM and Frenkie at CM. And that isn't likely to last IMO

Firstly Rakitic is a weakling, secondly his stamina is nowhere near Vidal's.

Do you really watch Barça play?

Barcilliant

Unlike Dickverde I'm sure Setien will put together a decent, FUNCTIONAL midfield. I can see Puig, Busquets and Vidal together considering De Jong is out.

BBZ8800

Be honest now.

You're desperately hoping he fails right? Just like you admitted a few years ago you were actively rooting for Neymar to fail even if it hurt the team.

I answered you 100s of times:
1. I thought that Neymar was shit and that he will never reach heights which we need and that it is better to move on from him, rather sooner than later
Why is that different from you or majority here wanting EV to be sacked sooner rather than later because you don't see any future with him?
Or Rakitic, Suarez, Pique etc.
You will reply now: Neymar was way better.
That is irrelevant.
It is a matter of a personal opinion.
You think that Raki/Suarez/Pique are dead and that they can't offer anything anymore and you want them gone.
That is not hating but wishing the best for your team.
When you wanted EV out, that is wishing the best for your team again, to some extent.
This is how I viewed Neymar and our future built around him.

I seriously dont understand why BBZ likes Valverde so much to the point where he wants to see his own team fail under a new coach, if he's even a Barca fan at all.

I don't like delusions.
We have solved a few delusions over the last few years and our fanbase is slowly getting wiser.
We have finally moved away from: La Masia is golden, the best in the world, and we will create wonders till eternity at La Masia.
Plus, lately a lot of fans are realizing that physique also plays an important role in a modern football.

About Setien, I don't actually hate him.
This is about simplifying a problem for years where EV was guilty for everything.
What pisses me are actually posts: we have an awesome team, lol.
We have never in a history had such an old and physically&mentally drained team.
And if you add experience from other top teams who went through the same (Ac Milan, Galacticos, Man Utd), or teams from other sports=the answer is quite simple.
Especially when the only possible solution in situations like these is=to turn the page and play with a new gen of players and YET we have Barto and horrible sporting directors where we bought mostly horrible young players plus La Masia is dead.
So, in short: a current team is dead and what seems to be a solution for it (a new gen of players)=don't exist due to a bad long term planning by the board.
So, we are dead either way. With EV or with Setien.

And then you have people blaming EV for everything even though he played with players who were on a verge of dying in every match due to their age and drained bodies.

So, I am not actually attacking Setien.
I AM ATTACKING:
1. guys who blamed EV for everything
2. and I am attacking our crappy players, bar Messi
3. and I am attacking our board
4. to some extent I am attacking guys who naively think that we will suddenly fly and play good football. You are free to dream about it, though.

I might be wrong, we'll see.
But if people are allowed to post (imo) naive, overly optimistic posts based on nothing (but their delusions), what is wrong if I post my view/estimation of our current team?

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
scenes when he fields Busi-Raki-Vidal against Granada given that De Jong and Arthur are out :lol: people here in the match thread and all over twitter will have a meltdown

kattanib

I answered you 100s of times:
1. I thought that Neymar was shit and that he will never reach heights which we need and that it is better to move on from him, rather sooner than later
Why is that different from you or majority here wanting EV to be sacked sooner rather than later because you don't see any future with him?
Or Rakitic, Suarez, Pique etc.
You will reply now: Neymar was way better.
That is irrelevant.
It is a matter of a personal opinion.
You think that Raki/Suarez/Pique are dead and that they can't offer anything anymore and you want them gone.
That is not hating but wishing the best for your team.
When you wanted EV out, that is wishing the best for your team again, to some extent.
This is how I viewed Neymar and our future built around him.

I don't like delusions.
We have solved a few delusions over the last few years and our fanbase is slowly getting wiser.
We have finally moved away from: La Masia is golden, the best in the world, and we will create wonders till eternity at La Masia.
Plus, lately a lot of fans are realizing that physique also plays an important role in a modern football.

About Setien, I don't actually hate him.
This is about simplifying a problem for years where EV was guilty for everything.
What pisses me are actually posts: we have an awesome team, lol.
We have never in a history had such an old and physically&mentally drained team.
And if you add experience from other top teams who went through the same (Ac Milan, Galacticos, Man Utd), or teams from other sports=the answer is quite simple.
Especially when the only possible solution in situations like these is=to turn the page and play with a new gen of players and YET we have Barto and horrible sporting directors where we bought mostly horrible young players plus La Masia is dead.
So, in short: a current team is dead and what seems to be a solution for it (a new gen of players)=don't exist due to a bad long term planning by the board.
So, we are dead either way. With EV or with Setien.

And then you have people blaming EV for everything even though he played with players who were on a verge of dying in every match due to their age and drained bodies.

So, I am not actually attacking Setien.
I AM ATTACKING:
1. guys who blamed EV for everything
2. and I am attacking our crappy players, bar Messi
3. and I am attacking our board
4. to some extent I am attacking guys who naively think that we will suddenly fly and play good football. You are free to dream about it, though.

I might be wrong, we'll see.
But if people are allowed to post (imo) naive, overly optimistic posts based on nothing (but their delusions), what is wrong if I post my view/estimation of our current team?

It is really simple. For the Barcelona purist style is more important than score, and EV did not deliver on that. End of discussion

And regarding your 4th point, we will dramatically improve in a month time or so. We actually have one of the best squads in Europe.

Last edited:

serghei

He likes Dembele's fake shot or "crochet."

Thanks.

scenes when he fields Busi-Raki-Vidal against Granada given that De Jong and Arthur are out :lol: people here in the match thread and all over twitter will have a meltdown

I kind of expect it. But even if he subs Puig in at 70th minute I'd consider that a big step forward. We don't have to go over the top. Puig is not ready to start, but every time on the pitch he gets is very valuable for him potentially becoming ready in a year or two.

Last edited:

serghei

It is really simple. For the Barcelona purist style is more important than score, and EV did not deliver on that. End of discussion

And regarding your 4th point, we will dramatically improve in a month time or so. We actually have one of the best squads in Europe.

Not even that. Some of Valverde's results have been terrible as well. He delivered some good results, some terrible results (about 50-50) and a terrible boring football to watch.

kattanib

It isn’t about the players, its about the instructions the manager gives and the philosophy he is following. You see players from the bottom of La Liga teams doing their role effectively if playing under a decent manager, and there is no reason to why Raki and co. cannot be useful under a manager who understands Barca and is tactically strong with a respectful presence. We saw today how Setien’s coaches were shouting at the players and cursing.

Home of Barca Fans