Quique Setien

JamDav1982

Even if this is true, it's still the boards fault. They should be stronger and do whats best for the club. Truth is they don't really care.

It's like when the board at the time when pep first came, got rid of deco and ronaldinho even though they were established 1st team players. That was good leadership.

The team always has to come first. Barto & co don't have a clue. They are spineless and should have replaced underperforming players whether they like it or not. Look how ruthless perez was once cr7 started to decline.

The board should not have given the older players the power totally agree but they have it and I dont see next board changing that either or running on a ticket to rebuild.

They had options of rebuilding or seeing it through to end of term with the legendary players and chose second one.

Not really same as Deco/Ronaldinho situation though and Ronaldo was always happy enough to move on if Real wanted it. These players seem to be figthing tooth and nail for their positions in club as know wont get same power elsewhere.

What are you suggesting is 'best for club' that wont be done?

Batistuta9

The board should not have given the older players the power totally agree but they have it and I dont see next board changing that either or running on a ticket to rebuild.

They had options of rebuilding or seeing it through to end of term with the legendary players and chose second one.

Not really same as Deco/Ronaldinho situation though and Ronaldo was always happy enough to move on if Real wanted it. These players seem to be figthing tooth and nail for their positions in club as know wont get same power elsewhere.

What are you suggesting is 'best for club' that wont be done?

If the board/coach said to the older players 'we are buying a replacement for you' i can't see them sticking around on the bench. Similar to what happened with iniesta, who ironically would probably still be better for us than coutinho.

This board or the next board will have to change no matter what. I think even getting into the top 4 next year will be an achievement with the rate the current team is declining.

Its tough now as the board have wasted 400m. But we should have started to replace the older core earlier. Basically, we are screwed due to those purchases and we aren't in a position to buy ready made replacements for them.

JamDav1982

If the board/coach said to the older players 'we are buying a replacement for you' i can't see them sticking around on the bench. Similar to what happened with iniesta, who ironically would probably still be better for us than coutinho.

This board or the next board will have to change no matter what. I think even getting into the top 4 next year will be an achievement with the rate the current team is declining.

Its tough now as the board have wasted 400m. But we should have started to replace the older core earlier. Basically, we are screwed due to those purchases and we aren't in a position to buy ready made replacements for them.

Iniesta was well past his best and knew it was time to leave.

Coutinho was on a completely different level to him at Liverpool at that point. He was absolutely class in CM/AM for Liverpool in that last year or so but comes to Barca and plays a totally different role and if that was ever the plan it was doomed to fail.... even if he should have been a lot better than was.

Who should the board tell they are done and now a sub that you dont think will have impact on other amigos?

Dont think the squad is as bad as made out and could be turned around quite quickly if all amigos left with 3/4 signings.

The squad is so bad as plays for amigos and little room for others to perform too often.

Couple new full backs and a striker be good to go and have a group of young players that have potential below that.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Roma 3 Barcelona 0
Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0

I get you.
EV is guilty for that.

Because this never happened during our free fall since 2013:
Bayern 4:0
Atletico 1:0
Atletico 2:0
Psg 4:0
Juve 3:0
Roma 3:0
Liverpool 4:0

I love it how you guys make it sound as if we turned to shit during EV.
While we are shit since 2012, except for 12 Months during 2015 when Lucho lifted our motivation for a short period of time and fooled some of you that this team is not dead.

We are more or less shit and worse and worse in each new season for 8 seasons in a row (except for those 12 Months).
Our goal difference in those 7 key away KO disasters since 2012 is:
Opponents:Barca=7 matches, 7 wins, 21:0.
Imagine having Messi and the most expensive team in the world and have 21:0 goal difference.

Is EV ruining our team since 2013?

fergus90

I get you.
EV is guilty for that.

While we are shit since 2012, except for 12 Months during 2015 when Lucho lifted our motivation.

We are more or less shit and worse and worse in each new season for 8 seasons in a row (except for those 12 Months).
Imagine having Messi and the most expensive team in the world and have 21:0 goal difference.

You?ve forgotten the Milan 2-0 Barcelona just to add insult to injury. Although the 15-16 Atletico away we did put of plenty of fight and had chances, it was just a very tough draw. The rest were embarrassing.

Batistuta9

Iniesta was well past his best and knew it was time to leave.

Coutinho was on a completely different level to him at Liverpool at that point. He was absolutely class in CM/AM for Liverpool in that last year or so but comes to Barca and plays a totally different role and if that was ever the plan it was doomed to fail.... even if he should have been a lot better than was.

Who should the board tell they are done and now a sub that you dont think will have impact on other amigos?

Dont think the squad is as bad as made out and could be turned around quite quickly if all amigos left with 3/4 signings.

The squad is so bad as plays for amigos and little room for others to perform too often.

Couple new full backs and a striker be good to go and have a group of young players that have potential below that.

This team is done. Apart from Ter stegen, FDJ and messi, every other first team position is there for the taking. Compare this to city or LFC, where maybe 1 or 2 positions need strengthening. If real Madrid don't improve, we might be competitive in la Liga, but no chance in CL

JamDav1982

This team is done. Apart from Ter stegen, FDJ and messi, every other first team position is there for the taking. Compare this to city or LFC, where maybe 1 or 2 positions need strengthening. If real Madrid don't improve, we might be competitive in la Liga, but no chance in CL

I would say Lenglet is fine and if game given back to midfield and FDJ then it would improve even if it is Pjanic and Roberto/Puig with him.

Would be fine with Barca taking couple years to rebuild around a younger core but will never happen.

Below that there are players with potential on cusp of first team and coming through below that but wont happen that team is

serghei

I get you.
EV is guilty for that.

EV didn't ruin the team. He did largely nothing of note. The problem for the ones supporting EV is that he was supposed to fix the problems. That's why he was hired. And he didn't fix the problems. Instead he made them bigger.

What problems did EV fixed? He left the team in a terrible state.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I get you.
EV is guilty for that.

While we are shit since 2012, except for 12 Months during 2015 when Lucho lifted our motivation for a short period of time and fooled some of you that this team is not dead.

It's hard to dominate European away games against top opposition for a decade or longer.

I'll use Bayern as a counter-example. They've had a team around our level for the last 12 years, give or take. Here's some key results for them away from home/neutral venue:

Barca 0:4
United 2:3 (Lost but won the tie on away goals)
Inter 0:2
Inter 1:0 (Good result away but lost the tie on away goals because Inter scored 3! on them at Allianz)
Real 1:2
Chelsea 1:1

Their 1 dominant year:
Juve 2:0
Barca 3:0
Dortmund 2:1

Real 0:1 (managed to lose 0:4 at home)
Barca 0:3
Atletico 0:1
Real 2:4 (Lost 1:2 at home)
Real 2:2 (Lost 1:2 at home)
Liverpool 0:0 (Lost 1:3 at home)

So, while Bayern does score more than us in away games (we both knew this), they lose at home quite often in CL KOs.

With us, we dominate home games against anyone in the CL (the only loss/big loss in the last 12 years is 0-3 v Bayern when Messi didn't play and we had no coach). We have a big problem in away games outside of the Rijkaard/early Lucho era. But you can bet on us at home or neutral in any era, especially the Pep and Lucho era.

Us at home/neutral venue:

Chelsea 1:1
United 2:0
RM 1:1 (after being 2:0 up at Bernabeu)
Arsenal 4:1
United 3:1
Milan 3:1
Milan 4:0
Atletico 1:1
City 2:0
City 1:0
PSG 2:0
Bayern 3:0
Juve 3:1
Atletico 2:1
Juve 0:0
PSG 6:1
Chelsea 3:0
United 3:0
Liverpool 3:0

GD:54 scored, 9 conceded lol.

So, you see, we absolutely dominate home games. Our style has gotten us 3 CL in last ~10 years and it's gotten Bayern 1 CL in the last ~10 years.

Only RM has done better than us (4 CL and better results) and that's because they've had a team tailor made for CL, especially CR7. Not to mention some luck.

Last edited:

serghei

Tbh, next season is going to hang on two factors: how motivated will the veterans be after this shit-show of a season, and how will Madrid look in La Liga.

The manager is going to be less important than usual I feel.

fergus90

With elections coming up, a minimised pre-season and the transfer market being affected I see little to minimal movement of players and managers with the exception of signings that were agreed pre Covid and swaps.

Givenchy

I actually like what Setien's been trying, wouldn't mind if he's here next season

watch the players bottle the CL in humiliating fashion for the third year in a row BUT this time they'll throw Setien under the bus instead of the players blaming themselves as they did for dear Ernie

Katarina1

Banned
watch the players bottle the CL in humiliating fashion for the third year in a row BUT this time they'll throw Setien under the bus instead of the players blaming themselves as they did for dear Ernie

I would feel bad for Setien if he hadn't proven to be such a coward.

Home of Barca Fans