Quique Setien

Barcilliant

Well deserved misery. His appointment was pure arrogance on all levels.

"Hey, look at us, we don't care about being top of the table for 3 seasons in a row, ANYONE can win La Liga with Messi. We show no consideration to the aging squad situation and misfitting or perma injured players that the board keeps buying without talking to the coaches. Why u no win CL? We have top 3 squad in the world, only manager is holding us back."

What happened to that? Went from that to "next season is Madrid's as well" and total implosion with players speaking out against Setien left and right in less than 20 games. :lol:

Club is done at this point. Dream on about rebuilding. Club was financially running on fumes and borrowing money for transfers well before Covid. Now Covid killed at least 20 % of Barca's total revenues (matchday income). Even in a healthy financial position replacing Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquets, Alba, Rakitic etc. was going to be tough, now it's going to be impossible. Getting 30 year old Pjanic to balance the books tells you all you need to now about Barca's financial troubles.

AC Milan 2.0 at this point.

Next season is a write off and it will take another two to three seasons to rebuild after that. Due to financial constraints its going to be very difficult.
Worst case scenario we end up like Utd and struggle for another 6-7 years.
One thing for sure alot of the bandwagon fans are going to disappear.
I think it's time Messi left the club. Why waste his time at a dysfunctional club. Would be interesting to see him at City or Inter.

Richard.H

Next season is a write off and it will take another two to three seasons to rebuild after that. Due to financial constraints its going to be very difficult.
Worst case scenario we end up like Utd and struggle for another 6-7 years.
One thing for sure alot of the bandwagon fans are going to disappear.
I think it's time Messi left the club. Why waste his time at a dysfunctional club. Would be interesting to see him at City or Inter.

Worst case scenario Man Utd? They still won Europa league a few seasons ago and finished 2nd in a very competitive 17/18 premier league season. Much like us they made a few very bad transfers which collapsed their squad.

I think it?s a real possibility we may turn into AC Milan after their 30+ side basically retired after 12/13 season. They have been irrelevant for nearly a decade now after being at the top for so long. We still aren?t sure of the extent of financial damage done by the board. There needs to be some serious restructuring to the socios because the way I see it only ones who can run are popular Catalan politicians. These people don?t care much about the sporting side. Only one in the lot that does is Laporta who has his share of legal/public problems. Font I think is just another politician but we?ll see come 2021

Vilarrubi

Barca are looking for Setien's replacement. The club have already contacted some former Barca coaches. [@_AdrianSnchz]

Expectation: Pep

Reality: Tata :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only by the virtue of terrible competition.

Lucho was a brilliant motivator but he got exposed in 16/17 as a very, very poor tactician once MSN stopped being nuclear.

Tbf in hindsight, the club's botched up signings didn't particularly help him either.

KingLeo10

Tbf in hindsight, the club's botched up signings didn't particularly help him either.

I know Aleix Vidal and Turan were terrible but wasn't Gomes Lucho's signing? Maybe I'm misremembering but Lucho favored him over Rakitic right off the bat.

Same with Umtiti who actually was really good in the latter half of 16/17.

Lucho just set up the midfield terribly in that season. Basically a gaping hole in the middle and midfielders playing very wide. People were bashing him like crazy here and were thanking the heavens when EV was signed lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I know Aleix Vidal and Turan were terrible but wasn't Gomes Lucho's signing? Maybe I'm misremembering but Lucho favored him over Rakitic right off the bat.

Same with Umtiti who was really good in the latter half of 16/17.

Lucho just set up the midfield terribly in that season. Basically a gaping hole in the middle and midfielders playing very wide. People were bashing him like crazy here and were thanking the heavens when EV was signed lol.

Well who knows tbh.

This board seem to blame Sporting Directors, Managers, Players for all the bad decisions :shrug:

Richard.H

Same with Umtiti who actually was really good in the latter half of 16/17.

I recall reading a few articles that Lucho rated Gomes very high, so I’m sure it was his signing or him just playing politics which I doubt. That season was a disaster only because of Gomes and Arda who should’ve never played for Barca. Any other midfield signings and we would still be a huge threat that season

KingLeo10

I recall reading a few articles that Lucho rated Gomes very high, so I’m sure it was his signing or him just playing politics which I doubt. That season was a disaster only because of Gomes and Arda who should’ve never played for Barca. Any other midfield signings and we would still be a huge threat that season

Yup, it's also where Iniesta and Busquets declined sharply (Rakitic too but he wasn't that high to begin with) and we started getting HAMMERED away from home in Europe. 1-3 City (4-0 home), 0-4 PSG (6-1 Home), 0-3 Juve in just 1 season...

Some of it was Neymar and Messi playing dumb and both dropping to the midfield. Honestly, that's a pattern with South American superstars...geniuses on the ball...and either absolutely thick outside of it/ or too arrogant to work hard on anything else.

Home of Barca Fans