Quique Setien

Catta

Valverde goes through both legs if players don't shit the bed.

Sorry but it's true he deserved to win back to back trebles with us

Valverde is the biggest piece of shit that has a connection with Barca.

I will never forgive him the Levante game, where he fucked up an unbeaten season conceding 5 goals, making this generation even more legendary, and the game at Anfield, that CL was Barcas, loosing it against shit players like Origi and Shaqiri is a disgrace.

He masterminded two of the biggest humiliations for Barca since before Rijkaard days.

He should be banned from ever entering the city of Barcelona.

Kul_z

Good -
Played fati from beginning, let firpo play the whole match unlike valverde cuck who would put semedo on lb, gave riqui some minutes.

Bad -

Subs fati instead of griez. Fati looked as the match progressed more and more in to it, while griez was invisible.
I know that we have 2 right backs and we should play them one at a time to avoid injury's but for fuck sake just for once try with roberto in rcm and semedo at rb.

Semedo pique lenlet firpo
Raktic
Roberto arthur
Messi suarez fati

At one point against mighty leganes, it cant be that bad to have some LEGS at right side. Rakitic behind messi is not working anymore.

Im waiting sevilla game to see the lineup. If rakitic and busquets start i give up on setien, no matter the result. Thats like preparing for another cl meltdown without clearly knowing what your starting 11 should be.

Andresito

Staff member
Not that I'm a huge fan of Setien. But in these circumstances I think we shouldn't expect champagne football.

The only goal with these games is to win the games and to finish first. To do that we need rotations and conservation of energy. Add to that lack of fans which lowers the motivation of the players.

I can't say I've watched every game, but is there any team so far (in all leagues) that've not only won but impressed with great football?

mc_lovin

Not a fan either, but at the very least we look as good as under Valverde (without the toxicity). After his weird experiments at the beginning we play a rather conservative game, which is not the worst case scenario (like BBZ prophesied xD).

Messigician

The luck of this man. Should have conceded 2 goals in the opening minutes

Took us until the 2nd half to make a shot on target.

Setienball is legitimately worse than Valverdeball at least Valverde played beautiful football at Bilbao

Diehardbarca

Xavi will most definitely fail. He's super possession-oriented and you can see that from his interviews. With the current crop of players and the current footballing era, his possession-oriented game will be disastrous.

Agree. Tiki taka or possession play is over bec it is easier for teams to sit deep and defend 90 mins to get something out of it. We struggled against Napoli and now leganes. Hopefully our club puts their idealogy on the side and adapt to play fast paced end-end game like other teams.

Diehardbarca

Barcelona - Static, old team that doesn't have the legs to do it over two legs

Liverpool - Energetic, younger team that can run over you

I'm not confident Setien would have made any difference. I'd love for us to have a manager that have a progressive vision for this team, that isn't afraid of the locker room and command enough respect to lead it, and can stand up for his vision against an incompetent management or board if he has to.

As long as Barca is this static, slow team neither Setien or Valverde can help us. With the current CL format with one-legged ties we actually stand a better chance IMO, but still need some luck our way.

You?re spot on. Laliga is very difficult for us this year, the amount and quality of next 5 fixtures would test our teams mental and physical strength. Let?s see what happens. Our only hope is to get lucky CL.

Barcilliant

The luck of this man. Should have conceded 2 goals in the opening minutes

Took us until the 2nd half to make a shot on target.

Setienball is legitimately worse than Valverdeball at least Valverde played beautiful football at Bilbao

He never played beautiful football at Bilbao.
Are you confusing Shitverde with Bielsa?
I hope not.

Messigician

He never played beautiful football at Bilbao.
Are you confusing Shitverde with Bielsa?
I hope not.

I'm not, beating prime MSN 4-0 to secure their first trophy since 1984 isn't beautiful football to some ppl. Bilbao were known for playing attacking football with a high press favouring youth development under Valverde :)

Ernesto Valverde returned for a second spell as manager, and he signed or brought through several new players as Athletic came fourth in the league, meaning a UEFA Champions League campaign. Ander Herrera transferred to Manchester United for ?36 million deal at the end of the season.[16][17]

Athletic had a triumphant first full-capacity match in the new San Mam?s as they defeated Napoli to qualify for the Champions League group stage,[18] however they could only finish 3rd in the group.[19] Athletic reached the 2015 Copa del Rey Final, but once again lost to Barcelona, 3?1.[20]

In the first leg of the 2015 Supercopa de Espa?a at San Mam?s, Athletic defeated Barcelona 4?0, with Aritz Aduriz scoring a hat-trick. In the return leg at Camp Nou, Athletic hung on with a 1?1 draw to win their first trophy since 1984.[21][22] Aduriz finished with 36 goals in all competitions. Athletic advanced to the quarter-finals in the Europa League where they were only defeated on penalties by the holders and eventual repeat winners Sevilla FC.

Kul_z

I'm not, beating prime MSN 4-0 to secure their first trophy since 1984 isn't beautiful football to some ppl. Bilbao were known for playing attacking football with a high press favouring youth development under Valverde :)

Ernesto Valverde returned for a second spell as manager, and he signed or brought through several new players as Athletic came fourth in the league, meaning a UEFA Champions League campaign. Ander Herrera transferred to Manchester United for ?36 million deal at the end of the season.[16][17]

Athletic had a triumphant first full-capacity match in the new San Mam?s as they defeated Napoli to qualify for the Champions League group stage,[18] however they could only finish 3rd in the group.[19] Athletic reached the 2015 Copa del Rey Final, but once again lost to Barcelona, 3?1.[20]

In the first leg of the 2015 Supercopa de Espa?a at San Mam?s, Athletic defeated Barcelona 4?0, with Aritz Aduriz scoring a hat-trick. In the return leg at Camp Nou, Athletic hung on with a 1?1 draw to win their first trophy since 1984.[21][22] Aduriz finished with 36 goals in all competitions. Athletic advanced to the quarter-finals in the Europa League where they were only defeated on penalties by the holders and eventual repeat winners Sevilla FC.

saga continues. After losing to sevilla he started doubting himself, eventually to be knocked out by OM 5-2 on aggregate in round of 16 of EL, season after where pattern was born.
Then he signed for Barcelona where in first season was in charge against mighty roma in qf of cl with astonishing display at stadio olimpico. World was introduced to the famous squat of his. He was on the verge of being unbeatable that season, but with two games left, he said fuck it, we are giving messi a rest. Mighty levante put 5 past his team so the record still hangs on.
Ev didnt want the famous pattern to end, being KO from round of 16, quarter finals and he completed the hattrick with semi final KO! In the similar manner as the previous one, world was yet again forced to see the famous squat of his.

Home of Barca Fans