Quique Setien

Neymessi

Xavi will most definitely fail. He's super possession-oriented and you can see that from his interviews. With the current crop of players and the current footballing era, his possession-oriented game will be disastrous.

serghei

Right now the difference compared to Valverde is slim. If we win away vs the bigger teams then we can talk about a serious improvement. Right now, we are just easier on the eye and create a bit more chances.

FinBarcelonafan

Right now the difference compared to Valverde is slim. If we win away vs the bigger teams then we can talk about a serious improvement. Right now, we are just easier on the eye and create a bit more chances.

Well that's a good start. Valverde played shit football. It was so boring. Now I enjoy watching Barca play. Although I understand we can't play 100% control football Vs the better sides.

serghei

Well that's a good start. Valverde played shit football. It was so boring. Now I enjoy watching Barca play. Although I understand we can't play 100% control football Vs the better sides.

Yea, and tbh Valverde was starting to lose many points vs low level teams in La Liga, which Setien is not doing yet. His lost points have been away to Madrid & Valencia in the league.

Barcilliant

Xavi will most definitely fail. He's super possession-oriented and you can see that from his interviews. With the current crop of players and the current footballing era, his possession-oriented game will be disastrous.

Exactly. After Bayern manhandled us Xavi was whining about how Barca were the better side because we had more possession.
Xavi needs to first handle the B team or manage a mid tier liga side.
I don't think Xavi is practical enough. Pep has adapted to the practical demands of different leagues. He has evolved as a coach. However Xavi is deeply idealogical and he won't change or adapt.

Alik

Exactly. After Bayern manhandled us Xavi was whining about how Barca were the better side because we had more possession.
I don't think Xavi is practical enough. Pep has adapted to the practical demands of different leagues. He has evolved as a coach. However Xavi is deeply idealogical and he won't change or adapt.

Love how you state your opinions as facts.

FinBarcelonafan

Good point. I am worried of this as well. I would like to see him coach some other team before Barca. Work on his methods etc.

Barcilliant

The team had no cohesion, intensity or fitness under Shitverde.
If we went to Anfield with Setien in charge we would have scored at least one and probably conced one goal less.

Vilarrubi

And would still get knocked out since we would never have won 3-0 in Camp Nou

That implies that the 3-0 result was down to Valverde though (defensive/workhorse setup lol) when actually we were unbelievably lucky to win 3-0. Play that same game at home under Valverde multiple times and the chances we win 3-0 or better are tiny. Without a doubt most of the results would be less favourable.

serghei

That implies that the 3-0 result was down to Valverde though (defensive/workhorse setup lol) when actually we were unbelievably lucky to win 3-0. Play that same game at home under Valverde multiple times and the chances we win 3-0 or better are tiny. Without a doubt most of the results would be less favourable.

Yea, that was mostly luck and individual player quality.

KingLeo10

Yea, that was mostly luck and individual player quality.

:lol: I'm no Setien fan but these EV apologists are really something else.

That 3-0 was down to sharp finishing by Messi and Suarez and one of the best freekicks at elite European competition level that we've seen in last 10-15 years by Messi.

And of top of this, we had luck and the Camp Nou factor, which would work if even I was the manager.

Home of Barca Fans