Quique Setien

JamDav1982

:lol: Guy is 20 years old. That's why you give him minutes in the first place... It's too much... I give up.

Umtiti is a better player :facepalm:. How about that fucking argument.

Umtiti is the better player and plays LCB and player Barca would like to give minutes before Todibo as may have to rely on him if Lenglet got injured.

I would sell Umtiti but can clearly see why EV was keen on giving him minutes ahead of Todibo.

Your Malcolm argument is false and weak. When claim never got minutes after scored assisted. Then realise that is wrong it goes to 'he has to play 90 mins with Messi/Suarez to get a real chance'.

As if Barca should start him with Messi and Suarez and not sub him as he 'has to get those 90 mins in' with Messi/Suarez.... the same players you claim are killing other players in team.

Malcolm got chances and got more if he did well bar Real.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I stand corrected, I did mix up Tobido with Firpo(I tend to do that dunno why, not racist lol).
I guess that's how forgetful both players are to me.

khaled_a_d

Malcom was an awful purchase from the start, blame goes to Abidal who deal with the market as an opportunity rather than a sport project and team needs.

He has 2 qualities, speed and off-ball movement. If he was clinical he would have been great in Pedro type of role but his finishing is bad.

Willian was at least a level above him, add more versatility to the team and option to play 442 too. EV wanted him for tactical option as ideal replacement to Paulinho. But Chelsea didn't want to sell and he was old and expensive, Abidal stepped in and rightfully refused to buy him. But went for Malcom, while Dembele is younger and provide speed too.

He should have got extra 400 minutes or so during the season, but he wasn't a total keeper or a saver for the team. Just a bench player who deserved few extra games before his eventual sale.

There's not much to benefit from EV era.

I said "how to benefit from the whole experience" and not from EV, you benefit from any experience whether it is good or bad by learning.

For example, don't do a Malcom type of deal again and buy players just because they are bargains.

Unless I am confusing him with someone else, Tobido looked awful most of his appearances. Nervous as hell.

While you confused him with someone else, Todibo is really overrated here. Barca fans nowadays are desperate for youth and overrates many player just because of their age.
CB is an exceptionally difficult position to give a youngster a chance tbh. For a club like Barca such young CB need to be a stand out. Todibo isn't that type
Mina is gr8 example by Jam.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Currently watching the Barca series on Netflix. Valverde truly comes across as a likeable guy and someone who knows what he?s doing.

Messigician

Lmfao and ppl thought Valverde's quotes were bad, I think we will get more gems from this bum real soon

Barcelona Coach Setien: Inters Lautaro Martinez One Of Few Strikers Who Can Play In My System?

Settle down there Guardiola you were lucky to even have a striker at Betis.

Andresito

Staff member
Lmfao and ppl thought Valverde's quotes were bad, I think we will get more gems from this bum real soon

Barcelona Coach Setien: Inters Lautaro Martinez One Of Few Strikers Who Can Play In My System?

Fake news.

Messigician

Fake news.

You were saying?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sempreinter.com/2020/05/23/barcelona-coach-setien-inters-lautaro-is-one-of-the-few-strikers-who-can-adapt-to-my-system/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiTssbIs9HpAhX_ILcAHdHNDVIQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw23hbsuIa-Us2Khi6Qj6P1r&ampcf=1

Alik

https://www.beinsports.com/us-es/futbol/vídeos/quique-setien-lo-importante-es-que-messi-y-yo/1471191

The interviewer asked:

"Ve usted a Lautaro Martinez como un delantero de futuro ideal para el Barca"

"Do you see Lautaro Martinez as an ideal future forward for Barca?"

Setien said:

"Todos tenemos claro que hay 4 o 5 futbolistas que juegan en esa posici?n que son extraordinarios y que cualquiera de ellos son susceptibles de estar en el FC Barcelona. En referencia a este jugador, es un jugador que puede estar muy bien en este equipo igual como otros que puedan estar a su nivel"

"We are all clear that there are 4 or 5 players who play in that position who are extraordinary and that any one of them is susceptible to be at FC Barcelona. As for this player, he is a player who can do very well in this team as well as others who can be at his level"

El Gato

Villarato!

Do you get a kick out of making a mug out of yourself on this forum 24/7? Seriously, can it.

Messigician

Do you get a kick out of making a mug out of yourself on this forum 24/7? Seriously, can it.

Resident Real Madrid troll trying to defend this bum Setien knowing we would regress under him.

Nothing to see here folks he wants our team weaker not stronger

Home of Barca Fans