Quique Setien

serghei

When he'll start saying things like 'nobody understands physical preparation', and 'the less you move the better you are', then we can worry a lot. Saying some players haven't convinced him is perfectly within the limits of what managers should say.

In fact, I welcome such honesty, and the vibes from him and Sarabia are great so far. Too bad they are at the club during tormented times with a lot of conflict in the team, and a lot of problems with the veterans who don't want to work hard anymore.

Messigician

Still want him sacked.

How can anyone envision this farmer winning us the treble?

He doesn't have the fire to win it all like a young pep and lucho did

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Still want him sacked.

How can anyone envision this farmer winning us the treble?

He doesn't have the fire to win it all like a young pro and lucho did

He was our what... fifth choice, after we have sacked EV? Four other candidates has refused the job and he was just fired from Betis, so that is how we ended up with him. I have said it many times that Setien is the same shit as EV.

serghei

He was our what... fifth choice, after we have sacked EV? Four other candidates has refused the job and he was just fired from Betis, so that is how we ended up with him. I have said it many times that Setien is the same shit as EV.

He may not be a great choice overall, but he's considerably better than Valverde.

The probelm is everything about the club is in worse state then when EV got here.

El Gato

Villarato!
Imagine being surprised that a herd of players are spoiling the atmosphere and team effort towards trying to get better as a unit, and your manager with no pedigree has nothing beyond the dogma he's preaching to fall back on when trying to inspire them.

Haha

Would love to know how much even the young who are willing and able are actually listening and understanding anything Setien has to say. Not much I'd wager.

Vilarrubi

Imagine being surprised that a herd of players are spoiling the atmosphere and team effort towards trying to get better as a unit, and your manager with no pedigree has nothing beyond the dogma he's preaching to fall back on when trying to inspire them.

Haha

Would love to know how much even the young who are willing and able are actually listening and understanding anything Setien has to say. Not much I'd wager.

Why which players are spoiling the atmosphere?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When this guy claims they're playing great football that's good enough to win the CL and Messi comes out saying he's wrong and they have to play much better then well....I don't know.

I hope Setien isn't as clueless and blind as some of his comments have suggested.

El Gato

Villarato!
Who y'all gonna go for when Ten Hag inevitably declines, or just chooses to go elsewhere instead of waiting? Koeman? That should be fun.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who y'all gonna go for when Ten Hag inevitably declines, or just chooses to go elsewhere instead of waiting? Koeman? That should be fun.

It's going to be Setien until 2021.

This board have no succession candidate so unless Rosell stands I think Victor Font or Laporta will win. Most likely Font as Mundo Deportivo/Sport will not accept Laporta in a million years, and do everything to paint him as a villain and sabotage his campaign, and to be honest I don't want him back either.

So Xavi from 2021 would be a good bet, if Font wins.

Alik

It's going to be Setien until 2021.

This board have no succession candidate so unless Rosell stands I think Victor Font or Laporta will win. Most likely Font as Mundo Deportivo/Sport will not accept Laporta in a million years, and do everything to paint him as a villain and sabotage his campaign, and to be honest I don't want him back either.

So Xavi from 2021 would be a good bet, if Font wins.

There is another candidate. Jordi Roche. He has Rosell's support.

Jordi Roche's profile:
"Jordi Roche has made quite a career in football offices, but never linked with Barca. In 2001 he took the presidency of Girona, in a mandate that extended in 2005 when he jumped to the leadership of the Catalan Football Federation. His link with Barca comes mainly from his friendship with Sandro Rosell. Both in 2010 with Rosell and in 2015 with Bartomeu he had the opportunity to enter the board of directors. In both cases, he refused that option."

https://www.culemania.com/palco/quien-es-jordi-roche_339708_102.html

Home of Barca Fans