Quique Setien

Raketa10

Disagree completely. Our midfield was very good. We broke them down nicely after 30mins when they were tired. But we dont have the forwards to punish their high line - not a midfield problem at all.

Who broke them? Our midfield broke them? I disagree with you. First goal was 100% on Messi and Griezmann. On second goal Arthur gave the ball to Firpo but that was probably one of maybe ten balls that went forward from our midfield. I agree that we have a problem in attack but we also have a big problem in our midfield. It's sterile with zero imagination and creativity not to mention none of those 3 knows how to shot the ball from distance.

Last edited:

serghei

Please stop playing Busi-De Jong-Arthur midfield. This combo of 3 DM players is sterile as fuck! I know Vidal has ups and downs and Raki is horrible right now but FFS Busi-De Jong-Arthur combo can't create anything in attack! Kings and masters od back and side passing! We simply need to buy a more attacking oriented midfielder next summer!

Disagree. Busi played a defense splitting pass for what should've been an easy goal for Messi 1 vs 1 with the keeper. Arthur made several great passes and was involved in the 2nd goal, plus a back-heel for Griezmann for another chance plus other situations.

De Jong was more subdued today, I agree.

Up until the gas in the tank was gone, we played well. After that Getafe showed they are more fit than us. Their press was consistent almost all game, even got more intense later, while our movement to nullify it faded after min 55-60.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like the optimism, but I fear some of you are trying to paint a picture that doesn't exist at times......

serghei

You can ease off pressure in two main ways. Either move off the ball and pass your way through pressure, creating enough space to pass into it - which we did rather great in the first half, creating 4-5 big chances and scoring 2 goals. Or you can play long ball over the pressing area - we also do this with some success, in which case you ideally need a pivot, which we don't have sadly. Somebody like Lukaku, or Dzeko, or Halland to capture that ball and redistribute in conditions of space (since the other team commits many players in their pressing scheme).

I like the optimism, but I fear some of you are trying to paint a picture that doesn't exist at times......

In what way? Were we not creating chances until the min. 60? Should've scored 4 goals in the first half.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In what way? Were we not creating chances until the min. 60? Should've scored 4 goals in the first half.

We're slightly better, but still completely dependent on one player. Setien has not managed to get Frenkie going and is playing him in a different role to even Valverde which doesn't suit him.

A lot of the issues with the team remain.

It might be too harsh on him given this squad seriously need a renewal, but I don't think Quique Setien is the answer beyond this season.

serghei

We're slightly better, but still completely dependent on one player. Setien has not managed to get Frenkie going and is playing him in a different role to even Valverde which doesn't suit him.

A lot of the issues with the team remain.

It might be too harsh on him given this squad seriously need a renewal, but I don't think Quique Setien is the answer beyond this season.

Don't think we're that dependent of Messi myself. Frenkie is in course of adapting imo. The game vs Betis was one of his best for us to date. Certainly the best game he played for us offensively.

Messi missed several big chances that the team created tactically for him. Today, vs Bilbao, vs Valencia, in other games as well. These are clear chances that the team are producing for him. Clear ones, that he misses. Thank god for the assists because he is rather poor in most areas except assisting due to his incredible talent and ability. Now imagine Messi scoring these easy chances routinely, and also adding 1 golazo every two games. How things improve if he gets back to his usual level.

I say we are doing well for the tough spot we're in. But I must admit I'm worried about our fitness.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Don't think we're that dependent of Messi myself. Frenkie is in course of adapting imo. The game vs Betis was one of his best for us to date. Certainly the best game he played for us offensively.

I say we are doing well for the tough spot we're in. But I must admit I'm worried about our fitness.

You don't think we are dependent of Messi? If I counted correctly out of last 7 goals he assisted for 6! Are you joking?

serghei

You don't think we are dependent of Messi? If I counted correctly out of last 7 goals he assisted for 6! Are you joking?

While missing a lot of chances that team set for him. Messi is off form guys, don't know what you are watching. He's probably suffering from something, a light injury that he's carrying on to help the team. Even his free-kicks are off the mark.

I wouldnt put our game today down to fitness... but us switching off.

Fitness is my bet. Could be what you say, but if I pick something, it's fitness. It fits, because the team has been training poorly for a year, and had a crap preseason with idiotic games.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca are reliant on Messi but they also give up the whole tactical set up for Messi to be the one almost everything goes through.

Players press for him, cover for him and look to pass him ball at every opportunity.

It contributes to Barca being too often one dimensional in attack and not playing as a unit in way other top teams do.

serghei

Barca are reliant on Messi but they also give up the whole tactical set up for Messi to be the one almost everything goes through.

Players press for him, cover for him and look to pass him ball at every opportunity.

It contributes to Barca being too often one dimensional in attack and not playing as a unit in way other top teams do.

This tendency is slowly not as present imo. He's being used off the ball now too, which is an explanation of his higher numbers of 1 vs 1 with the keeper recently. Which he seems to have forgotten how to finish.

Raketa10

I am afraid some of you are seeing things that aren't there but let's wait and see. I am also almost sure we'll suffer a lot even against Napoli.

Home of Barca Fans