Quique Setien

Altomonte

If Setien wins La Liga this year he should be applauded. It would require a lot of work and some luck. The players are still good enough in my opinion but he has to be very careful managing their fitness and avoiding more injuries. Betis this Sunday is the first big test: only 2 days of rest and 2 away games in a row. Tough situation. We cannot risk a Messi injury!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I get the good vibes. Guy is hard worker and honest. We lost 2 matches while playing well. So what? We all yearned for Barca being back. We got it and we like it save for results that are secondary.

Messigician

I get the good vibes. Guy is hard worker and honest. We lost 2 matches while playing well. So what? We all yearned for Barca being back. We got it and we like it save for results that are secondary.

We lost super cup to Atsktico while playing well but EV got the sack for it.

At a club like Barcelona success is necessary. This trend of winning one losing the other needs to be addressed and rectified immediately.

vegitot

the match against valencia is playing well?

serghei

Yea, we have all sorts of problems with fitness, injuries, too many players being loaned and squad got too short, but the encouraging part is we are picking up in terms of performances. What has been hurting us was finishing. We had 22 chances vs Valencia and Bilbao away and scored 0 goals. The opponents scored 3 with less than half those chances.

With EV we used to win many games (in his first two seasons) with lower number of shots than the opponent, due to Messi and Suarez scoring golazos and MATS being unbeatable. Now we are creating considerably more chances than the opponents, but we lose. It's bad luck. Suarez is injured, Messi can't finish suddenly, and Mats receives goals through deflections, or freak headers like the Inaki one.

Stick with the team and if we continue to dominate games and create more than twice the chances the opponents create, the wins will come.

I like Setien because he reacts to problems. He ditched the 3-4-3 after Valencia because he saw what happened when we lost the ball. He is not a stubborn idiot who does the same things over and over again. He moved Fati on the left after he saw his input is better there. He makes changes and adjust things, and sees what is the problem, and speaks his mind when something is wrong and he doesn't like how we perform.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

We lost by 3 goals, 2 goals came within 5 minutes. How was that "playing well"?? Try to watch our games instead of mastering your trolling technique here which you suck at it.

Tbf i think the game was better than the result made it look. But the copa also wasn't the sole reason for Valverde getting fired so it's a ridiculous claim anyway.

JohnN

Copa was just the icing on a monumental cake of fuck ups. And it was a good game from us, one of the best even until we collapsed. They had decided to sack him since the match against real, if Abbidal is truthfull.

serghei

Copa was just the icing on a monumental cake of fuck ups. And it was a good game from us, one of the best even until we collapsed. They had decided to sack him since the match against real, if Abbidal is truthfull.

We didn't collapse. It was a lucky goal, that's all. Came from a random cross and a header which has like a 3% success rate. If he tries to hit that 100 times, he scores 3 goals at most. One of those 3 happened to occur on that night. Accept it and move on.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

I like Setien because he reacts to problems. He ditched the 3-4-3 after Valencia because he saw what happened when we lost the ball. He is not a stubborn idiot who does the same things over and over again. He moved Fati on the left after he saw his input is better there. He makes changes and adjust things, and sees what is the problem, and speaks his mind when something is wrong and he doesn't like how we perform.

Yup. Looks like he's a quick learner unlike Valverde.

Last edited:

JohnN

We didn't collapse. It was a lucky goal, that's all. Came from a random cross and a header which has like a 3% success rate. If he tries to hit that 100 times, he scores 3 goals at most. One of those 3 happened to occur on that night. Accept it and move on.

We collapsed results wise. We were unlucky from start to finish. And I maintain that Messi's brilliant goal was valid too.

FC433

You must play with double wide players if you want to lead the game.

Roberto and Vidal out Fati and Arthur in

Never ever prioritize the CL over the league. I hope he is bright enough to get that right. We are playing much better, but that is never enough. We expect both performance and results.

JamDav1982

Roberto is extremely lucky not to be red carded and has to come off.

Vidal doesnt look fit.

Griezmann been awful and doesnt seem to know what his role is.

FDJ been best player on park by a distance.

Home of Barca Fans