Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,516 to 1,521 of 1521

Thread: Quique Setién

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul_z View Post
    Koeman wouldnt do shit also, stronger reference is xavi if you ask me. Hes catalan, he is barca to the bone and in dream case his assistant coach should be puyol. Messi, busi and pique would be like school boys again. Those guys need strong authority and fighting mentality, that we lost since xavi departure. But you're right, pique, suarez and messi are just to big to handle and pique and suarez should fuck off, instantly. Dark times
    Xavi is a nice guy and he was't a strong character even during his days as a player. Puyol is a different story but Puyol has no intention of coaching at all. There is literally no one in the world who can be ahead of Messi in the locker room. He became bigger then the club and that's a big portion of our problem if you ask me. What's even worse is the fact that the he is not a captain material and that makes things even harder. To be fair I honestly can't see anyone having balls big enough to say that to him in his face so will probably endure this way of playing for another 2 or 3 years and that's it. What strikes me is the fact that he is OK with us playing like shit since I see no signs of him being pissed off.
    Last edited by Raketa10; Today at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you are underestimating the marketing and financial importance of amigos and why Barto (who is successful businessman and has actually made the club into massive moneymaking entity) and board have chosen the strategy. In that way our situation is pretty similar to ManU, who is very successful financially and still a powerhouse, but has been struggling in game for years. This change happened already during Rosell and has continued.
    Messi has not only influenced us regarding results, he, alongside his amigos has made the club one of the most marketable club in the world and Bartos strategy until his time is up has been clearly taking maximum out of it. Think this is pretty much why we are so reluctant in letting go of the last remains of the golden age. Even if getting rid of them all and bringing in bunch of La Masia kids would make us better in game, it would hurt us alot financially. THis is also the reason, why losing Neymar was such a big blow (less when it comes to gameplay, much more, when it comes to how we promote us after years with Messi) and why we are desperately wanting him back. Because no matter what, he is a huge and very marketable star and brings in the bucks. I think Griezmann was also bought, because he is really marketable with his haircuts and what not. He does not really suit that well with our gameplay, but he is very popular player among fans. Coutinho was also brought partly because we needed a brazilian superstar among ranks.
    So sure, it hurts for fans if some signings look weird and gameplay is at it is, but there are always reasons behind it. I am pretty sure one of the reasons why Valverde never really got the sack when he should have (after losing Copa) was because he actually did his job well regarding board wishes and played the stars. No ideas how Setien falls into this plan, but I am pretty sure board will not let our most marketable (but also aging) players be benched.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the bright side of things time doesn't stop and sooner or later the old guard will be gone. It will be some years too late but at this point that can't be changed anyway. This summer Busi will be 32, Pique 33, Alba 31, Rakitic 33, Vidal 33, Suarez 33, Messi 33...so no matter how much the current board depends on the amigos there will be a lot of changes needed and 2021 most of these players will be gone or on their way out.

What imo is more concerning is the lack of good and fitting signings though. I mean we can all talk about how bad or slow the amigos are but the lack of competition is also down to the new players not being able to really make an impact. The board spends a shitload of money every year but somehow the combination of coaching, overpaying and players not fitting 100% makes almost everyone look like a flop. If this doesn't change once the old players start to leave there won't be any improvement.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; Today at 01:01 PM.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    A question:
    If Setien will lose against Napoli, how will you rate that defeat:
    The same as Roma/Liverpool?
    Less bad since he didn't lose 3:0 advantage?
    More bad because we lost in 1/8 stage against a no name team?

I have a feeling that losing to a best team in the world (Liverpool) will still be worse than a possible exit to a mighty Napoli, right?

Or imagine: losing to Napoli and losing La Liga.
    Will EV still be worse and a cancer?
    If he loses to Napoli, everyone who supports him will want him fired on the spot.

Here's the thing. There's no Setien cult. We're simply supporting a different approach. If it doesn't work, he will be treated as a cancer like EV was.

It's the EV cult who believes managers are and should be worshipped.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get rid of the old guard. The faster the better.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    No one has authority over Messi or Pique or Busi or Suarez these days. They would destroy him within months. His decision not to take over until they retire was the smartest move he could have done at the moment. Manager must have the biggest authority in the locker room and that's virtually impossible with our current squad. Not even Pep would be able to establish order right now.

If we wan't to squeeze anything left from this old squad we'll need the biggest motivation expert ever. Any manager who is a pure tactician would fail, this team can't be disciplined anymore. The only way to deal with this bunch of lazy motherfuckers is by trying to motivate them for one final run but I honestly can't see who that person could be. If you ask me maybe Komenan (a Barca legend with strong character) is the answer for summer but on the other side maybe he would also fail miserably. There are no guarantees at the moment, we can just try but I honestly can't see why would anyone think that Setien is the solution. How the fuck can a mid table no name manager motivate Messi or Pique to give their maximum against Valencia?! We made a horrible mistake once again and that was obvious from the start.
    Board, not squad. A manager can deal with undisciplined veterans if he is backed by the board.

But very good comment. Right now, we either cut the veterans and move on, accepting a few bad seasons, or we give them the reigns and sign another puppet like Valverde who lets them do what they want.

Only fools would let 32-33 years old players decide how a team should play.

I personally would say thank you and goodbye to all of them. Sign 5-6 players who aren't superstars but are top players, bring in a top manager and rebuild this team.
    Last edited by serghei; Today at 04:56 PM.