Mauricio Pochettino

El Gato

Villarato!
Wonder where he will end up. Don't think Bayern fancy him as much as they do Ten Hag or even Tuchel. Real seat probably not going to be free until 2021 or 2022 even. Would he consider United? Not sure. It might be PSG or nothing. Unless he takes over Napoli, but that's not a step up, more like sideways.

Newcomer

Wonder where he will end up. Don't think Bayern fancy him as much as they do Ten Hag or even Tuchel. Real seat probably not going to be free until 2021 or 2022 even. Would he consider United? Not sure. It might be PSG or nothing. Unless he takes over Napoli, but that's not a step up, more like sideways.

He was PSG captain as a player. It is really a big possibility.

There is a big problem for him, though. PSG has always took promising non top coach bar Ancelotti : Blanc, Emery, Tuchel. They didn't quite live up to the expectations. They'll maybe try to grab an higher profile manager that has actually won something if they don't keep Tuchel.

soul24rage

He was PSG captain as a player. It is really a big possibility.

There is a big problem for him, though. PSG has always took promising non top coach bar Ancelotti : Blanc, Emery, Tuchel. They didn't quite live up to the expectations. They'll maybe try to grab an higher profile manager that has actually won something if they don't keep Tuchel.

I could see Poch at PSG too

KingLeo10

Everyone screaming why we didn't appoint him. IIRC, he was available when Bayern sacked Kovac too, wasn't he? High profile managers just don't take the helm in the middle of the season unless it's ZZ, who is just a baller/winner and has nothing to lose in terms of legacy (his playing one alone is enough for top 10-15 all time).

Andrew M

Everyone screaming why we didn't appoint him. IIRC, he was available when Bayern sacked Kovac too, wasn't he? High profile managers just don't take the helm in the middle of the season unless it's ZZ, who is just a baller/winner and has nothing to lose in terms of legacy (his playing one alone is enough for top 10-15 all time).

Klopp did

Andrew M

Different expectations/different club statures (especially back then)/ different cultures.

I used Bayern and RM as examples as they're similar stature clubs with similar expectations.

Klopp on Man Utd interest

"Yes there was interest - Manchester United, yes they were interested a year or a year-and-a-half before, but it didn't feel right," Klopp told Sky Sports. "I couldn't say Man United is not my club, it didn't feel right.

"When Liverpool called, I had no chance. It was actually too early for my plans. I said, 'Wow, come on!' But then coming here and feeling the spirit immediately, it was just, for me, a match in heaven."

So Liverpool made sense for him

KingLeo10

Klopp on Man Utd interest

"Yes there was interest - Manchester United, yes they were interested a year or a year-and-a-half before, but it didn't feel right," Klopp told Sky Sports. "I couldn't say Man United is not my club, it didn't feel right.

"When Liverpool called, I had no chance. It was actually too early for my plans. I said, 'Wow, come on!' But then coming here and feeling the spirit immediately, it was just, for me, a match in heaven."

So Liverpool made sense for him

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else as a Liverpool manager.

El Gato

Villarato!
Maz has aged since November. One of the first times he spoke at length.

Some of his answers seem a bit worrying. @ 14:05 he gets asked what factors are important to him in the next job and he answers "the fans being behind you no matter what" as the first instinct. Innocuous, and yet there's a feeling of a Kloppo pill where managers will continue to want to have the same connection with the fans now. Might be disappointed if he joins a bigger side. At the moment he almost sounds like a Benitez who didn't quite reach the mark as early as he should have when having the opportunity to.

No jobs on the horizon other than Newcastle. May well be that Spurs take him back next year. Or he'll try Italy?

Home of Barca Fans