Spanish Supercup Semis: Barca - Atletico 2-3

CatalinR10

Absurd result...
Barca played a great match with an amazing control of the play...
We deserved to win 4-0, no discussion!

A lot of bad lucky yesterday, but also too many holes in our defense...unacceptable for this level.

I hope this match will be a lesson for the future.
Better now than when we will play in CL.

It won't , it never will be with this coach and some of the players.

Giginho75

It won't , it never will be with this coach and some of the players.

We lost absurd matches also with Lucho and I don't think EV is guilty for yesterday.
Barca played one of the best matches since he is the coach, almost for 80min.

According to me the team is great, but football is often unpredictable, especially at this level.

Last edited:

LMTR14

well I'm done watching live football with this var shit (still will watch highlights for messi goals, you know ones that actually STAND), all excitement has been killed thoroughly as you simply can't celebrate goals anymore, and that is what the fucking sport WAS ABOUT. quite a perfidious plot to ruin one of the last excitements the common man had left in his neutered and powerless existence.

Pepe Silvia

Raise your hand if you saw it coming that Atleti would win.

This coach has lost the locker room, they are just too respectful to say anything.

serghei

Raise your hand if you saw it coming that Atleti would win.

This coach has lost the locker room, they are just too respectful to say anything.

It's not about respect. They think it's their job to play and win because they haven't had a manager who sets up the tactics for the team to detail since 2012.

Since then the team wasn't trained and prepared to play in a certain way and a certain system. Conservative tactics started to take over since Lucho with Valverde being the lowest point.

Last edited:

Pepsbarca

We lost absurd matches also with Lucho and I don't think EV is guilty for yesterday.

According to me the team is great, but football is often unpredictable, especially at this level.

Unfortunately, the game is 90 minutes, not 80

jairzinho

Two of the most absurd and humiliating losses in the club’s history has been overseen by Valverde. It’s true football is unpredictable but the Athleti loss was another predictable meltdown. That’s what we’ve become known for. So according to me EV is 100% at fault. I hope he’s sacked.

JohnN

Perhaps EV's negative comments about the competition and the venue have something to do with him getting sacked. Either way, if he goes, this will be the best loss ever. A meaningless trophy and no harm done. Thank you Atletico and var.

Altomonte

Without VAR, we could say that we scored 4 goals against Atletico in 80 minutes. Real Madrid scored ZERO.
What's difficult to accept is Valverde's inability to react, to adapt quickly to a new situation.
All his big failures were similar: when there is adversity, he does not react or he makes the wrong decision.
A top team like Barça cannot have a coach that is completely lost when Plan A does not work, when a backup plan is needed.

Vilarrubi

Without VAR, we could say that we scored 4 goals against Atletico in 80 minutes. Real Madrid scored ZERO.
What's difficult to accept is Valverde's inability to react, to adapt quickly to a new situation.
All his big failures were similar: when there is adversity, he does not react or he makes the wrong decision.
A top team like Barça cannot have a coach that is completely lost when Plan A does not work, when a backup plan is needed.

That’s why it’ll be ironic if this is what gets him sacked. Talk about straw that broke the camels back.

Also find it funny the guys who say we will be shit whatever coach we have.... we could have scored 4/5 goals against Atletico easily, our team has so much potential but performs well usually once a month at Camp Nou.

Last edited:

devo901

... because they haven't had a manager who sets up the tactics for the team to detail since 2012.
.. the team wasn't trained and prepared to play in a certain way and a certain system.

That is true, but does it take SPECIAL tactical training for senior players like Pique, Alba, Busquets, Raki, who are all in their last 20% of their long top career, to hold a 2-1 at the 80th minute?
I do not think so, to me Barca was playing too high, and Atletico got several (!) breaks against rather old/slow defenders. So unless this positioning was due to rigidity of EV and it was the explicit order, players should have to adapt. Dont you think so too?

Something else... Why featherweight and disembodied Fati was coming for Griess in that situation that does not make sense to me.

Vilarrubi

Forget World Cup, Champions League, La Liga etc.... Saudi Arabia Supercopa is my new favourite tournament. The tournament that got Valverde sacked!! Who’d have thought :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans