xXKonan

541657_ori__20190115153514_matheus_fernandes.jpg

Full name: Matheus Fernandes Siqueira

Date of birth: June 30, 1998

Place of birth: Itabora?*, Brazil

Height: 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)

Playing position: Central Midfield/Defensive Midfielder

Current Club: Palmeiras​

According to Globoesporte, one of if not the most reliable source of news for Brazilian clubs and players, we have sent an offer to Palmeiras for the Midfielder. This isn't the first time we have been interested in Matheus, as we wanted him when he was 17.

Article in question.
https://globoesporte.globo.com/fute..._content=Esporte&utm_campaign=globoesportecom

Messi983

He doesn't look bad in higlights video (yeah, I know :D) but I don't get why we would be interested in a player who has only played around 500 minutes last season. If he can't play for Palmeiras there is no way he would play here. Unless we think we could get him cheaper because of that and maybe loan him for a season or two to see how he'll develop but he'll turn 22 this year so he's not the youngest anymore for this approach.

Or it could be just BS rumours and/or Palmeiras trying to sell him by using our supposed interest to raise his price.

[youtube]26xKta3p7Io[/youtube]

Messi983

We've apparently offered 6M. Our problem here is that his former club Botafogo still owns 25% of Matheus's rights so they must also agree with a sale.

If we can get him for less than 10M then he's probably worth a gamble. We'll eventually need 2 or 3 new midfielders over the next few years and we can't spend 80 or 100M on every one of them.

xXKonan

I'm not sure what we would do with him if we do sign him.

I highly doubt he will be with the B team. Wonder if he will be apart of the first team or sent out on loan.

abiabi

Apparently we are on the verge of signing him, via reliable brazilian source.

He's a rotation player for Palmeiras so take it as you will

xXKonan

Theres a theory he could be coming as a possible Vidal replacement.

But I really don't get this one though.

HT1214

We've apparently offered 6M. Our problem here is that his former club Botafogo still owns 25% of Matheus's rights so they must also agree with a sale.

If we can get him for less than 10M then he's probably worth a gamble. We'll eventually need 2 or 3 new midfielders over the next few years and we can't spend 80 or 100M on every one of them.

i rather spend 40m to buy someone like willian or william carvalho, who play a fair amount of both offense and defense,both have strong body and brilliant skills. Also our forward have to be fast, not soft and slow.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans