Barca's XI of the Decade - GK - Round 1 - Jose Manuel Pinto VS Ter Stegen

Ter Stegen VS Jose Manuel Pinto

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HSGM

The first game of the first round for the GK spot sees current Barca keeper Ter Stegen face retired keeper Jose Manuel Pinto...

Please vote considering their performances as Barca players this decade.

May the best win!

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Jose-Manuel-Pinto-en-la-rueda-_54327892844_54115221160_261_396.jpg

HSGM

Well, you have a point, but I decided to include every GK who has been a member of Barca's squad in any given time this decade.

And, guess what? Our old friend Pinto is only losing by 1 vote!

Vilarrubi

Well, you have a point, but I decided to include every GK who has been a member of Barca's squad in any given time this decade.

And, guess what? Our old friend Pinto is only losing by 1 vote!

So next you’ll do Stegen vs Valdes... then Valdes vs Pinto? And so on?

You know you could do a poll with mutilple options with every GK you listed?

HSGM

So next you’ll do Stegen vs Valdes... then Valdes vs Pinto? And so on?

You know you could do a poll with mutilple options with every GK you listed?

Nope, that would take ages and we have to get this finished!

Anyways, I just found out that I forgot to include Neto, but he's only played once, so he isn't such a big loss...

Additionally, when there are many options, people tend to not even look at some of the choices and I want this to have a competition format.

Btw, today's poll sees Bravo face Jasper Cilessen, you can vote if you want: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...e-GK-Round-1-Claudio-Bravo-VS-Jasper-Cilessen

Vilarrubi

Nope, that would take ages and we have to get this finished!

Anyways, I just found out that I forgot to include Neto, but he's only played once, so he isn't such a big loss...

Additionally, when there are many options, people tend to not even look at some of the choices and I want this to have a competition format.

Btw, today's poll sees Bravo face Jasper Cilessen, you can vote if you want: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...e-GK-Round-1-Claudio-Bravo-VS-Jasper-Cilessen

Huh? How would that take longer?

Your method is doing 2 keepers on each poll in separate polls which will take way longer and more complicated imo.. You could have made a poll like this one below I made for Champions League winner with multiple options for every keeper then whoever has the most votes wins, would surely be between Valdes and Stegen too.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/17552-Who-will-win-the-Champions-League-2019-20

serghei

Yea, just do 11 polls for every position in the 4-3-3 system we always used, with 4-5 options per position. Be careful to not put the same player in two different categories because people would choose 3 Messis in the first 11, one as a midfielder, one as a RW and one as a 9. :lol:

Last edited:

HSGM

Huh? How would that take longer?

Your method is doing 2 keepers on each poll in separate polls which will take way longer and more complicated imo.. You could have made a poll like this one below I made for Champions League winner with multiple options for every keeper then whoever has the most votes wins, would surely be between Valdes and Stegen too.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/17552-Who-will-win-the-Champions-League-2019-20

True, but I was planning to do it in a knockout competition format.

I thought you wanted to do it in a league format, which would get us done in the next decade! :lol:

Anyways, as no one supports my idea, I've decided to quit, so everything I had planned is cancelled now.

HSGM

This is going to take ages and fill the forum with like 100 polls instead of 11.

I was thinking of archieving all of my threads after everything would have been finished and putting them in a different category, but as people disagree, I've decided to just go with the majority and not continue my knockout competition for every single position!

HSGM

Anyways, if someone is still interested in doing it my way, there is a site where you can post polls where everyone can vote. I will be posting links there to the polls, so if you are interested in finding the Best XI of the Decade, subscribe to the thread, in order to be notified about the new polls. There will be 2 polls per day.

Home of Barca Fans