Barca's XI of the Decade

HSGM

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if we could find which players compose Barcelona's best XI, starting from the 2010-11 season and ending with this one...

My plan is to have polls about each position and the aim is to find a GK, a LB, a RB, 2 CBs, 3 midfields (attacking or defensive) and 3 forwards (would be great if we had one center forward amongst them). You are free to tell me your opinion about that. I'm thinking of even trying to make a bench or maybe a 23 man squad and figure out which players make it into it.

Think it would be better to start with the GK spot. According to Transfermarkt, Barca has had 12 different keepers in the 2010s decade (you can see the complete list below). We could have a knockout competition (I've already done the draw) and the winner will be declared Barcelona's best Goalkeeper of the past decade.

List of Barcelona's Goalkeepers:

Victor Valdes
Jose Manuel Pinto
Oier Olazabal
Ruben Mino
Jordi Masip
Claudio Bravo
Ter Stegen
Jasper Cilessen
Adrian Ortola
Jokin Ezkieta
Inaki Pena
Neto

As some of you may point out, only few of them featured regularly and some of them barely played and only got chances to feature in the Copa del Rey. Yet, I've decided to include them, as they've been part of the club's squad during the past 10 seasons and I want to see how they will do in the competition.

Anyways, what do you think everybody? Is it worth doing it?

Sailor Mars

I think its a cool idea. If we're doing a 23 man squad and starting off with keepers, I would vote:
1. MATS
2. Valdes
3. Bravo

For Leftback:
1.Alba
2.Adriano

Rightback:
1.Alves
2.Roberto

Centreback:
1.Pique
2.Mascherano
3. Puyol
4. Umtiti

Midfielders:
1.Iniesta
2.Busquets
3. Xavi
4. Rakitic
5. Fabregas
6. Thiago

Forwards:
1.Messi
2.Suarez
3.Neymar
4.Pedro
5.Villa
6. Alexis

Last edited:

HSGM

Neysnake Suarez Messi

Iniesta Xavi Busquets

Alba Pique Masche Alves

MATS

I was actually thinking of doing it step by step...Guess there is some interest, so I will publish the results of the GK draw now and make separate polls about each battle!

HSGM

2.jpg

Here are the results of the draw!

As you see, it was randomized and several candidates received a bye to the second round...

Looking forward to materializing the project!

Home of Barca Fans