How many European Cups/Champions Leagues have Barca thrown away?

KingLeo10

Yea, but fans are like that. You can't give a penalty there because the first to push the opponent is Pogba. So if are to be scrupulous as a ref you give offensive foul first. Besides, Vidal could've easily been sent off in the first half, and we could have received a penalty (as super-soft as the Juve one would've been) for a handball at Litschteiner.

There was no controversy in that match, other than the bitterness of Juve fans for losing yet another final.

Also disagree Chelsea had more ref. errors going their way in the tie. It was about even if you judge them carefully, but it's human nature to complain more about said mistakes when you lose, than when you win. The British media spun that in their favor because in the decisive game in England the ref did favor us more. They conveniently forgot Barcelona had 4 huge ref error (no offside for Eto'o 1 vs 1 with Cech, red card for Bosingwa and penalty for us for a clear shirt pull on Henry in clear goalscoring situation, and a clear 2nd yellow for Ballack not given) against them on Camp Nou, and that Chelsea had their own Ovrebo in that game.

There's a difference between what really happened, and the biased perception of the losing sides.

Don't forget the Ney goal that was disallowed too. Open to interpretation I guess but still final scoreline should have been 4-1 Barca.

There was no team on Earth close to Barca in 2015.

Last edited:

serghei

Yea, best bet is 7. 8 would be pushing it. I agree with those saying 2012 is far from a sure thing playing vs a top Bayern on their stadium, although we played our best football in Rome and Wembley finals. 2010 and 2019 we win almost for sure if we don't fuck it up in the semis, ties only we can fuck up to be honest (huge bad luck and ref errors vs Inter and insane bottling job vs Liverpool on Anfield).

Last edited:

Richard.H

I agree that Bayern in 2012 were really good and I'm not too sure we would beat them.

2010 is the big one for me. We were winning in San Siro and then got really complacent, losing that first leg 3-1. Second leg was a weird match where Inter absolutely parked the bus and that seemed to be Pep's kryptonite. Very questionable decision to rule off that Bojan goal too.

And 2019, I mean I don't need to say anything about that. So overall two CL's for me where I think we could've won.

JohnN

2010 and 2019 are my picks.
2010 we were the best team in the world by quite a margin.
2019.. It was on a plate for us and we messed up. Liverpool were a better team though.

Home of Barca Fans