User Tag List

Thread: Frenkie de Jong: CM or DM?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frenkie de Jong: CM or DM?

Pretty straight forward question, which position do you think he will play long term here.
    Him being the core of our midfield rebuild make answering that question essential. It is clear we are in need for a new midfielder beside him and Arthur but what type of player?

While we all like what we have seen of FDJ his position has been one of the most polarizing in this forum, with many believing he is DM, other saying he is DM and each side think he is wasted in the other position.

Edit: got a phone call while writing it and send it without adding a poll can @Barcaman add the poll?
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 19th December 2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM.

He has a good burst but he isn't consistently great at breaking lines via dribble like Iniesta nor does he have much of a final ball. His biggest asset is keeping the ball under pressure, combining and passing it through the lines.

It has to be him at DM + Arthur + a really good AM who can provide the final ball, which the team is lacking. Add to that a fit Démbéle who stops the off the pitch nonsense and Barca would have a really good team.

Without that AM + a couple of injuries and Barca are down to Roberto and Vidal in midfield + Griezmann on the wing. Fine margins between possibly the best team in the world and utter garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    It has to be him at DM + Arthur + a really good AM who can provide the final ball, which the team is lacking
    So what you're saying is that Valverde needs to go?
    Last edited by Marshall D Teach; 19th December 2019 at 11:48 PM.
    Zehahahahahahahaha

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely DM. Great burst of pace and amazing ball rentention allows him to drive the ball forward the way he does, while also being defensively very strong.

From what I have seen from him at Ajax and Netherlands he lacks that final pass great playmakers and some CM's have. Maybe he can develop that but it remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Valverde cheerleader in his natural habitat View Post
    Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    CNN is probably the most reliable source of news

#factsfirst
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Sell Raki and Vidal to the Chinese.
    2. Use those millions on cloning research.
    3. Clone Frenkie.
    4. Play Frenkie I at DM and Frenkie II at LCM with Arthur at RCM.
    5. Clone Frenkie again.
    6. Use Frenkie III as a backup for when Arthur has a rash on his ballsack.
    7. Best midfield in the world.

On a serious note, Frenkie is a DM. But he needs 2 as or even more creative CM's ahead of him. The likes of Raki and Vidal won't cut it.
    The suffering is over.

Onwards and forwards.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either depending of what midfielder we sign next. I'd personally play him DM and look for an attacking box to box midfielder.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a perfect fit for us at DM. At the same time, he's also our best CM, that's also why this discussion even exists.

I think it's easier to find an attacking CM rather than a DM who'll fit us like Frenkie does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange way of thinking, but a Frenkie (DM), Arthur (CM/DM role) and Coutinho (AM) midfield would not be a strange way to conquer the world again.
    It would need to be a bit of a triangle form of midfield in which Coutinho would be playing a more left sides AM role (like Iniesta) and Arthur covers the gap left by Messi roaming right/center.

We just need a coach who can envision a concept that Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann & Frenkie can work together.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop dreaming about Coutinho.
    He is done here and he doesn't have Cruyffian way of football intelligence to play here.
    He seems a lot happier at Bayern and he is a better fit there as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    DM.

He has a good burst but he isn't consistently great at breaking lines via dribble like Iniesta nor does he have much of a final ball. His biggest asset is keeping the ball under pressure, combining and passing it through the lines.

It has to be him at DM + Arthur + a really good AM who can provide the final ball, which the team is lacking. Add to that a fit Démbéle who stops the off the pitch nonsense and Barca would have a really good team.

Without that AM + a couple of injuries and Barca are down to Roberto and Vidal in midfield + Griezmann on the wing. Fine margins between possibly the best team in the world and utter garbage.
    Agreed with the Observer. Probably the first post he is making sense!
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM. Not sure if lone or as part of a double pivot.