Lliga | Round 18: FC Barcelona - Deportivo Alaves 4-1

Wow, game in less than an hour and crickets here. The Valverde effect.

A lot of people give up on Barca if things are not perfect. Things are far from perfect now and yes the opinion against Valverde is more than warranted. But I've never understood those that stop watching. Are these people a fan of Barca or not? No club stays at the top for long. This past decade no club has won more trophies than Barca.

It's this type of fanbase that makes it hard for me to fully invest in Barca emotionally like I do for example with the club I love the most BOCA JUNIORS. Boca fans are the best in the world and this sort of wishy washy attitude is unheard of.

We got owned 2 years running by our biggest rivals in the Copa with some of the shittest displays in our history. Yet the team was still clapped off when we went out of the semi at home vs River despite the shit display. That's because the fans realise things can't be great all the time and the team is just not good enough right now.

Nevertheless I still watch every Barca match regardless.

Gari

Ter Stegen;
Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba;
Alena, Busquets, Vidal;
Messi, Suarez, Griezmann.
Barça bench: Neto, Semedo, Lenglet, Junior, Rakitić, De Jong and Carles Pérez.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

A lot of people give up on Barca if things are not perfect. Things are far from perfect now and yes the opinion against Valverde is more than warranted. But I've never understood those that stop watching. Are these people a fan of Barca or not? No club stays at the top for long. This past decade no club has won more trophies than Barca.

It's this type of fanbase that makes it hard for me to fully invest in Barca emotionally like I do for example with the club I love the most BOCA JUNIORS. Boca fans are the best in the world and this sort of wishy washy attitude is unheard of.

We got owned 2 years running by our biggest rivals in the Copa with some of the shittest displays in our history. Yet the team was still clapped off when we went out of the semi at home vs River despite the shit display. That's because the fans realise things can't be great all the time and the team is just not good enough right now.

Its not the team it's the players and management. Lack of any sort of will is annoying me. I love Barca and when I see these unmotivated shmucks still playing for Barca I can't help it. I want to see Barcas own prospects, I want to see beautiful football with good movement and nice passing. That's Barca. Barcelona has lost its identity. That annoys me the most.

devo901

I fully agree. However, some people have a different approach - they either want something great in their life because their own situation sucks anyhow - so they become a "winner-joiner" - others can not deal with being helpless in watching things going bad. Those are the most typical situation I can imagine why people turn away or against their club.

It also a bit frustrating to see high paid millionars performing in a lacklustering way ...

serghei

Praise the Lord. Retardo has given Alena a start in a meaningful game after almost 4 months of unfair punishment.

Alena better pull rabonas out of his arsehole or he's gonna be best friends with the bench up until April or so.

Last edited:

Neeraj

While I still watch every Barca game (live at the stadium at that) I think it's not exactly a surprise to see fans losing interest. It's not about the fans supporting the team when they are undergoing a tough period - fans want to see that the club and the team care. Everything happening with Valverde, Bartomeu, the players (and their comments post game) indicates to an apathy to fans and what they want. IT's all about what makes the players and board satisfied with their multi million dollar salaries and status quo.

If we were undergoing a transition and trying youngsters and doing things for the long term good of the club, and struggling while we were making that transition, I don't think there would be too many of us here complaining about results, etc. I believe this situation is different.

kattanib

Good for you

FinBarcelonafan

While I still watch every Barca game (live at the stadium at that) I think it's not exactly a surprise to see fans losing interest. It's not about the fans supporting the team when they are undergoing a tough period - fans want to see that the club and the team care. Everything happening with Valverde, Bartomeu, the players (and their comments post game) indicates to an apathy to fans and what they want. IT's all about what makes the players and board satisfied with their multi million dollar salaries and status quo.

If we were undergoing a transition and trying youngsters and doing things for the long term good of the club, and struggling while we were making that transition, I don't think there would be too many of us here complaining about results, etc. I believe this situation is different.

Well said mate. I think that's the issue here. Fans seem to care more than the players.

This sort of mentality is deadly. Look at Arsenal for example. Today players go there for the money, not to improve.. They are ****** because of that.

JerseyAddict

This match is like a Mickey Mouse match. i don't know what Alaves was thinking but they got lucky with only one in their net. They played like 4th graders.

Home of Barca Fans