CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

Vilarrubi

Reuters says the return legs will be played normally and that the final 8 teams remaining will play a tournament in Portugal in a one leg system and all will be made official tomorrrow.

That’s the only logical way. What media was reporting about 2nd leg in Lisbon made zero sense.

raskolnikov

That set up doesnt really favor us. It benefits the likes of Atletico, PSG or Bayern more imo.
Also with it being in Lissabon I would not be surprised if everything went perfect for CR again like in 2016.

FinBarcelonafan

That set up doesnt really favor us. It benefits the likes of Atletico, PSG or Bayern more imo.
Also with it being in Lissabon I would not be surprised if everything went perfect for CR again like in 2016.

Why? One game has more luck factor. We have better chance to win. Messi can win any game by himself. Two games. Very hard.

Vilarrubi

How does it?

You mean Lisbon 2014? Ronaldo was shocking in that game, had to be bailed out by teammates, he doesn’t have that luxury this time with that Juve squad.

behindbrowneyes

It's hard to tell. Bayern is already champion and Bundesliga is almost finished. They only have 3 games left. They will have enough rest but will lack game rhythm.
La Liga will be finished July 19th., so Bar?a will have 2 and a half weeks rest before they face Napoli.
Ligue 1 is cancelled. PSG can play friendlies what they want. You can't compare it with championship games. They already had difficulties when facing tougher opponents in CL because they were only used to play against farmers.

I'd say "smaller teams" (on the paper) like Atalanta and Leipzig have a good chance to go far because anything can happen in one game. Especially Leipzig has a very dangerous style and can hurt every team with their fast transition game.

If I had to bet money today, I'd put my money on Bayern.

soul24rage

Busi and Vidal are suspended for the return match.

With Napoli very likely to park the bus, I feel that this is our best lineup for this match (Suarez is guaranteed to start).

(4312) MATS---Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Alba--- Rakitic, DJ, Puig--- Messi---Griezmann, Suarez

I hope we start trying this in the remaining La Liga matches when DJ comes back.

MatissRV

With Napoli very likely to park the bus, I feel that this is our best lineup for this match (Suarez is guaranteed to start).

(4312) MATS---Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Alba--- Rakitic, DJ, Puig--- Messi---Griezmann, Suarez

I hope we start trying this in the remaining La Liga matches when DJ comes back.

More likely Semedo RB and Bob instead of Puig, no?

soul24rage

More likely Semedo RB and Bob instead of Puig, no?

Having seen what Setien did for the past 6 months, I agree that Semedo at RB and Bob in CM is more likely with Puig likely coming in at the 2nd half.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.

JohnN

We should avoid playing Rakitic in my opinion, but don't think we can. Vidal would be a better option for this match but is suspended.
My bet is FDJ, Bob and Rakitic will start, even though I'd like to see puig there.

kollegah

delete puig immediately out of that lineup.
Chmapions league is not for kids

serghei

Atletico will win the whole thing. :lol:.

It's meant to be. Coutinho leaves Liverpool, they win the CL. Griezmann leaves Atletico, they win the CL.

delete puig immediately out of that lineup.
Chmapions league is not for kids

No, it's for veterans to get smashed to pieces every year.

wisconsincule

Messi, Griezmann and Semedo all 1 yellow away from missing the next match.

Messi gets a yellow and we face Bayern without him.:lol:

Home of Barca Fans