CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

KingLeo10

Let's not forget Ajax also had a meltdown of their own, losing from 3 goals (including an away goal lmao) up.

Andresito

Staff member
That Roberto-Rakitic-Frenkie midfield is screaming for a creative player like Riqui. Will be all Messi once again.

FC B

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Official — All yellow cards and pending yellow card suspensions expire on completion of the Round of 16. They are not carried forward to the quarter-finals.

Messi, Griezmann and Semedo are no longer at risk of getting suspended.

Andresito

Staff member
Official ? All yellow cards and pending yellow card suspensions expire on completion of the Round of 16. They are not carried forward to the quarter-finals.

Messi, Griezmann and Semedo are no longer at risk of getting suspended.

Hmm.. Are you sure?

The way I interpret it (and how it's been before too) is that Messi, Griezmann and Semedo still risk getting suspended if they get a yellow now.
But if they don't get a yellow card vs Napoli and we go through, they will have their yellows cleared.

From UEFA's article two days ago:
Barcelona vs Napoli (1-1)
Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Semedo, Piqu?, Lenglet, Alba; Roberto, Rakitić, De Jong; Messi; S?arez, Griezmann
Out: Busquets (suspended), Vidal (suspended), Demb?l? (fitness), Umtiti (knee)
Doubtful: Lenglet (groin), Griezmann (thigh), Ronald Ara?jo (ankle)
Misses next game if booked: Griezmann, Messi, Semedo

Vilarrubi

Hmm.. Are you sure?

The way I interpret it (and how it's been before too) is that Messi, Griezmann and Semedo still risk getting suspended if they get a yellow now.
But if they don't get a yellow card vs Napoli and we go through, they will have their yellows cleared.

From UEFA's article two days ago:
Barcelona vs Napoli (1-1)
Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Semedo, Piqu?, Lenglet, Alba; Roberto, Rakitić, De Jong; Messi; S?arez, Griezmann
Out: Busquets (suspended), Vidal (suspended), Demb?l? (fitness), Umtiti (knee)
Doubtful: Lenglet (groin), Griezmann (thigh), Ronald Ara?jo (ankle)
Misses next game if booked: Griezmann, Messi, Semedo

Yeah they announced it yesterday:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/med...ittee-decisions-related-to-club-competitions/

Vilarrubi

UEFA doesn't say that suspensions are removed, only that yellow cards are AFTER R16. Can still carry a suspension into the next round, unfortunately.
It's the same as recent years, only difference is the clearing of yellow cards comes earlier.

Yes you are right. I went off what Twitter was saying but seems they have got it wrong.

soul24rage

So I'm guessing that if a player gets a yellow in both the QF and the SF, the player will be suspended for the final?

Andresito

Staff member
So I'm guessing that if a player gets a yellow in both the QF and the SF, the player will be suspended for the final?

Need 3 yellows to be suspended. In a regular season the yellow cards are wiped after quarter finals. Same situation with 2 games before the final, as is now.

Andresito

Staff member
Yesterday's training consisted of games between small teams.

Orange team:
Pique, Roberto, Alba, Rakitic, Messi and Suarez + Monchu

Yellow team:
Lenglet, Semedo, Busi, Frenkie and Griezmann + Konrad/Reis

Blue team:
Mingueza, Firpo, Vidal, Puig, Ansu and Braithwaite + Jandro

My conclusion from this?
Obviously orange team consists of all starters with yellow completing them.
It'll be a 4-3-1-2 with no Riqui or Ansu.

Porque

Napoli lost 3 away games after the Covid break. 2-0 away to Atalatan, 2-1 away to Parma and 2-0 away to Inter. Each of these opponents set out to attack Napoli. Probably best to decipher what worked from these 3 games and replicate it with our superior quality.

Which to be fair, is what I think Setien has been trying to do. As two of the sides played a 3-4-1-2 and one of these sides a 4-3-1-2.

Home of Barca Fans