CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Imho, he started the right players and made the right sub with Raki off and Arthur in. But he should have made a second sub early after that - Fati on and Vidal off. But nobody saw the red Vidal had cooking, it's easy to know what to do when you have all facts... Overall, Setiene did ok - we tried but were not successful at times. Messi had a bad night and everything went thorugh Messi. We have find other channels to win games!

jairzinho

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sergio Busquets: "We don't have a very big team, unfortunately the planning has been like this." <a href="https://t.co/qCoUfocWaX">pic.twitter.com/qCoUfocWaX</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1232431104096919564?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

"We hope Pique's injury is nothing serious but we will take on the second leg with what we have. We don't have a deep squad because, unfortunately, that's how it was planned."

:shakeshead:

LABarcaFan

All together, it was a good game of Barcelona. Against the parked Napolitan bus, I doubt anyone can do better. Gatuso is mastering the catenaccio in Napoli. A.Melo for Rakitic was a good substitution, but Setien should take Vidal out, before he got ejected from the game and bring in Braithwaite, because he was not playing well. Besides Vidal, Pique and Griezmann, everyone else played relatively well. 1:1 is a good tournament result. At home, we have to be very careful, because if they score a quick goal, will immediately park the bus again and it will be very difficult for us to break that 8 -9 players line. I also want to mention that Semedo is starting to play really well as of lately and that is very encouraging.

FCMessi

There was NO left wing. Just Firpo and Umtiti passing back and forth.

Should have dropped raktic and played Fati left wing.

Setian going full retared again.

LABarcaFan

Imho, he started the right players and made the right sub with Raki off and Arthur in. But he should have made a second sub early after that - Fati on and Vidal off. But nobody saw the red Vidal had cooking, it's easy to know what to do when you have all facts... Overall, Setiene did ok - we tried but were not successful at times. Messi had a bad night and everything went thorugh Messi. We have find other channels to win games!

Other channels to win games? Maybe we should start Braithwaite at # 9, Messi and Fati at the front and Riqui Puig playing just behind Martin. Puig has very accurate scouting pass and has the speed to create a havoc in their defensive structure.

LABarcaFan

Between Messi and Pep, Messi clearly has the greater credit for Barca's 08-12 run.

Because he's proven himself with multiple 50 goal seasons after Pep left and has a treble.

Meanwhile Pep has been getting dunked on in Europe at City and even at Bayern (v RM, Barca).

I think everyone agrees with this notion, no?

Si signor.

soul24rage

All together, it was a good game of Barcelona. Against the parked Napolitan bus, I doubt anyone can do better. Gatuso is mastering the catenaccio in Napoli. A.Melo for Rakitic was a good substitution, but Setien should take Vidal out, before he got ejected from the game and bring in Braithwaite, because he was not playing well. Besides Vidal, Pique and Griezmann, everyone else played relatively well. 1:1 is a good tournament result. At home, we have to be very careful, because if they score a quick goal, will immediately park the bus again and it will be very difficult for us to break that 8 -9 players line. I also want to mention that Semedo is starting to play really well as of lately and that is very encouraging.

Unfortunately, Braithwaite is not registered to the Barca's Champions League Squad so he can't play in any of the CL games.

Braithwaite can only play in La Liga games for us this season.

sickstar

Thats why our lineup is very thin right now. One more injury and we would be forced to play barca b for ucl knockout game.

Last night was not messi's night ofc, but what option did he had, with only griezman as targetman in a parked bus. Our goal happened in that rare occasion where napoli lost focus and bob did very well at seeing the situation. Imo, its good that with our goal here, it didnt require messi's direct contribution. Bob, Semedo, Griez.. so that lift messi's weight a bit.

Hopefully Napoli made a lot more mistakes like this in the 2nd leg.

devo901

I wonder how other teams are playing against the -park the bus- strategy. Today the players are run like marathon, so they are able to play with 7 defenders, when we have the ball, but attack with 5 players when their pressure was successful. Thus, I question if this possession play - high- (?) is still viable .... and if it can be played with the current Barca team. (Not that I have an answer what to do differently though.)

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

We would have been disqualified if we took Braithwaite from the bench.

LFCB

First half was playing into their hands with slow passing sidewards. I think Barca where much better in the second and should have just about scored again as I was expecting them to pick up the pace after the equaliser.
Overall we have to be happy with the away goal at a tough ground like that, but we really need to up it for the 2nd leg.

wisconsincule

Thats why our lineup is very thin right now. One more injury and we would be forced to play barca b for ucl knockout game.

Last night was not messi's night ofc, but what option did he had, with only griezman as targetman in a parked bus. Our goal happened in that rare occasion where napoli lost focus and bob did very well at seeing the situation. Imo, its good that with our goal here, it didnt require messi's direct contribution. Bob, Semedo, Griez.. so that lift messi's weight a bit.

Hopefully Napoli made a lot more mistakes like this in the 2nd leg.

Bob is hurt and didn’t play...

Home of Barca Fans