Lliga | Round 17: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 0-0

PhilS

Mendy is the weak spot in the RM defense. I'd tag-team Sergi Roberto and Rakitic as right-side midfielder, they will combine with Messi to outscore RM.

serghei

That's a fair post, Wolfe.

Outside massively overrating Fede Valverde. That player is nowhere near good enough to dominate Barcelona on Camp Nou. He's a good player, but Frenkie de Jong for example is a level above. So, rather than us struggling to contain Fede, Madrid are going to have a hard time dealing with De Jong.

Madrid will sit back like they usually do, and look to hit on the counter. They do not have enough quality to push us back, nor the insane work-rate of a team like Liverpool.

I can see us scoring 3. 3-1 or 3-2 are likely scores. Our defense is as terrible as Madrid's, but we have a clearly superior strike force up front.

Last edited:

serghei

Of course, if Messi and Suarez are really on a great night, Madrid might get trashed again. They simply do not have enough defensive quality to cope with these players when they are in the mood.

Any hope Madrid has is based on their defense holding up, or us being super-wasteful.

And also, even though Madrid do reasonably well on Camp Nou, they do get the occasional spanking.

serghei

I really liked Zidane comment : " Barça have Messi & we have our team weapons "

:D

I think they need to worry about Suarez too. Guy scores a lot vs them. And Griezmann is on top form at the minute. I can see all 3 up front scoring in the Clasico. I have a great feeling about this game. Hope the boys don't disappoint and the crowd is fired up.

JohnN

How will we start this game?
I believe EV will go with a standard lineup:

-------------------Mats-------------------
-------------------------------------------
--Sergi*----Pique------Lenglet----Jordi-
-------------------Busi-------------------
---------Raki-------------FDJ------------
----Messi----------------------Griez-----
------------------Suarez-----------------

*Maybe Semedo could have a chance, but Bob plays like a goat against real so, don't know...

Vilarrubi

How will we start this game?
I believe EV will go with a standard lineup:

-------------------Mats-------------------
--Sergi*----Pique------Lenglet----Jordi-
-------------------Busi-------------------
---------Raki-------------FDJ------------
----Messi----------------------Griez-----
------------------Suarez-----------------

*Maybe Semedo could have a chance, but Bob plays like a goat against real so, don't know...

+1 Think he’ll go with that exact lineup.

beck123

Banned
Good evening my fellow Barcelona fans. Did you get ready to see your team getting spanked at Camp nou ? Your arrogance is quite high.

KingLeo10

Good evening my fellow Barcelona fans. Did you get ready to see your team getting spanked at Camp nou ? Your arrogance is quite high.

:lol::lol::lol:

congratulations, you've taken the mantle of the most deluded poster on this forum from [MENTION=26762]Copperpot[/MENTION].

Nazario1985

Ahh...Zidane...letting his arrogance show again with these underhanded comments. Probably best buds with Ramos.

First of all, he is right We have Messi and that's been the Barça style since ages !

Arrogance ? at least he have something to show off !

serghei

First of all, he is right We have Messi and that's been the Barça style since ages !

Arrogance ? at least he have something to show off !

We beat them clearly when Messi was injured too, 4-0 and 5-1. They also have Suarez and Griezmann to worry about.

Home of Barca Fans